Poll for MOTHERS of AS children

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Did you feel like you were under emotional duress at some point during your pregnancy with your AS child?
yes, once or twice 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
yes, once or twice 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
yes, frequently 31%  31%  [ 32 ]
yes, frequently 31%  31%  [ 32 ]
no, I was completely relaxed during the entire pregnancy 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
no, I was completely relaxed during the entire pregnancy 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 102

ster
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 5:09 am

Bland~ :lol:

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 8:52 pm

Whaat!?? 8O It's the truth! :wink:

ster
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 5:28 am

Bland~ same for my family too! :lol:

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 8:49 pm

Naturallly! :roll:

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2006, 7:55 am

I had severe morning sickness/ father of my son had a drinking problem, a piece of work himself. I had toxiema during the last 3 months of my pregnancy. it was no walk in the park for me. I blame my sons issues not on the stress as much as the stress my own body was under physically from carrying him. I had what they called hormonal seizures for 3 months where the hormones from pregnacy would be so high i would loose site in my right eye. i think that being as sick as I was made it hard for my son to develop normally. yes i was under emotional stress but i think that physical stress is much worse.. but in a lot of ways the emotional stress makes one phyically ill also. and that is not a good time to be under any sort of scikness.. morning sickness was the pits.. i was never so sick in my life and I am sure that when you puke night and day that has to have some sort of effect of a developing baby. but the drs say that the sicker you are the healthier your baby is.. i say NOT!

Colleen

CJstudent78
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2006, 8:25 am

I just wanted to say how wonderful this sight is for me as a mom of a son who has this. I just found out yesterday, he was hopsitalized for a week just to be misdiagnosed. They told me he had ADHD which floored me, he was not a hyper child and usually played by himself quitely. I am enjoying reading what everyone has to say I can relate with so many of these replies that you all have posted. I do not feel so alone now, I am terrifed of this b/c I have four other children and one of which is getting tested for ADD this week. My son was always called odd or weird but he is gifted and like a little genus actually. I think I learn more from him then I did in school! ha ha I just wanted to say how nice it is to have other moms to talk to. If anyone wants to write me and talk I would not mind a bit b/c I am new to this and would like to talk to others who are dealing with this. My son and I are dealing with it but having a hard time trying to figure out what to do about being around other kids, he gets upset easily and has pretty bad rage when he gets angry enough. Any idea's, I feel like we are confined to our house.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2006, 6:03 pm

glad you're here...our son didn't get a dx until age 13...going for a dx for 7 year old daughter in August...12 year old son seems to have missed it altogether and is NT like me. hubby is Aspie as well. feel free to PM me if you like :)

Shivani
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2006, 11:37 pm

My AS son was my first pregancy, and I don't think I was any more stressed out than any other first-time mum. I certainly remember being more stressed with my third, and she is a very bright NT. One thing, tho'...and I know the research does not support vaccinations with the rise in Austism, but when my AS son had his first vax's at 6 weeks old, I remember him screaming for about 12 hours solid. His face was bright red and he was inconsoluable. (A pretty cruisey baby until then). It was awful. So much so, that when my second son was born, I did not have him vax'd until later. :(

lae
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 12:14 am

Nausea, a tornado, and the baby's father was crazy ( I could really pick a winner back then). Didn't gain enough weight because we had barely enough to eat, then she was premature. But the hardest thing to deal with at all in that pregnancy was worry if she'd be healthy and the fact that no one wanted us. I don't think that gave her AS, though, I think she inherited it from me.

Minka
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2006, 6:31 pm

My pregnacy was a nightmare. Lost a silent twin in the third month. Had Thyroid toximia in the 5th month. My son was born at 34 weeks. He was healthy except for being born with severe Hypo Spadia which took 2 eight hour operations to fix. I can say there was a lot of worry and stress in the pregnacy. I was a big worry wort! My son was my first and last pregnacy. He's 12 now. I haven't come across a lot of children born with the same Hypo Spadia. But I do have a cousin that her son was born with it so I'm chalking that one up to family traits.

Now the doctor did put me on some major meds to stop early contractions. Was hospitilized for up to 2 months. Had a reaction to the magnisium they gave me to stop the contractions. I always wondered if the meds had anything to do with his AS. I don't know if anyone else was on any meds while pregnant.

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2006, 6:37 am

Minka wrote:
I don't know if anyone else was on any meds while pregnant.

i was not for my first and he has AS but I was big time for my 2nd. blood pressure meds, and at one point I was in the hospital for severe asthma for my 2nd.. was on steriods to combat the asthma.. could not breate for a while without oxygen. she is 6 months old and shows not signs of As.. of course I know its too early to tell but when I see the way my 1st acted and how much stimulation he could not handle.. my 2nd is the best.. she loves stimulation... guess you just never know.

Veggiemomof2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2006, 4:56 pm

laplantain wrote:
Is cortisol a stress hormone? I just read that it causes deterioration of neurons in the brain.

Yup, sure is!

ADHD
Sleep Disorders