Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ashmeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2010, 11:12 am

So here's the deal. I was supposed to go with my friends to this anime convention in my country called Anime Festival Asia 2010, AFA X for short, as well as to an anime concert. Only one of them (ruennsheng here on WP) can come to AFA X, although he's going with his college's anime club, but not one of them can go for the concert. And the problem here is the VIP seats (which I booked 2 of them for myself, 1 for each day) are based on how we're allocated based on when we book (the concert's indoors), so I'll be sitting all alone. Basically, a worse-case scenario for anyone on their own in a concert. And I've never done this before. I need advice how I can tackle the problem and enjoy myself to the fullest without embarrassing myself in front of thousands of spectators. How am I supposed to cheer for my favorite band without looking like a lunatic? I need advice and love here folks. :( :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 11:16 am

Wear a T-shirt with the logo of your favourite band and clap your hands after each song. 8)

archigallus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2010, 1:01 pm

ashmeister wrote:
I need advice how I can tackle the problem and enjoy myself to the fullest without embarrassing myself in front of thousands of spectators. How am I supposed to cheer for my favorite band without looking like a lunatic? I need advice and love here folks. :( :oops:

I am not quite sure why you should care about their opinion, but if you are afraid of embarrassment because of failing to look normal, then I think you should change your goal. Try not to be normal but instead to appear like a total maniac. When people starts to stare at you and whisper things, you can, instead of embarrassment, feel contentment with the knowledge that you have succeeded in your pursuit.

prawny2000
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2010, 1:19 pm

loads of people go to gigs alone, just remember you are there to enjoy the act and not for people to judge and you will be fine. people wont make fun and if they do they are not worth your attention :D

have fun!! ! :D