Sea Gull

31 May 2006, 3:55 am

*sighs*

"I'm gonna go buy a gun and give it to you, and you can go shoot yourself..."

It keeps repeating in my mind.

This was said to me last Wednesday in PE.

I can't let it go. I don't know what to make of it.

I'm not in the class anymore because of that incident.

And several others.

PE needs to be gotten rid of for good.

Such incidents happen to me and others daily.

Here's some of the things that have happened to me in PE:

6th grade: I was cornered by 3 kids and beaten up horribly. I was teased all year. I became awfully depressed and was put on a depression medication which I was allergic to and had me out of school for 3 weeks, and I almost died. I was perscriped to yet another medication, and that one caused a horrible anxiety attack with a complete blackout, and it was that day that I was called suicidal by a school therapist. Near the end of that school year, I went temporarily insane (at least that's what they said) and stabbed a fellow student, the one who had been bullying me the worst, with a pencil in the shoulder. I was almost sent to a clinic overnight, forced to attend PRYDE classes (the classes for people who commit crimes, such as shoplifting), forced to confront both the idiotic police and the kid's f****d up parents, and got in trouble while none of the kids got any punishment.

7th grade: More bullying onslaught, but it was sort of a rest due to a new rule that the school, for that one glorious year, upheld strictly. After that year, however, they stopped enforcing it.

8th grade: Possibly the worst year. I'm not sure if 6th or 8th grade was worse. The most bullying onslaught, and two horrible teachers. The first teacher led me to a bullying onslaught that lead to being beaten up once, a backpack hidden for 3 days and when I found it it was filled with an unknown substance that smelled horrible and ruined everything in the backpack (I later was led to believe it was vomit, though I'm still not sure), and finally, I was flashed by and shoved into the shirt of another male student. The second teacher led to an even harsher onslaught, the worst incident being one in which I was beaten up by 8 kids, and I just happened to say "I'm gonna kill you, you stupid f**k!", thus, I got the police on my ass again, and they got off punishment free.

9th grade: This year. It was only supposed to be a semester long class, and it was modified PE, however, they mixed the modified PE kids with 40 other normal kids, leading to a HORRIBLE onslaught of bullying, making fun of everything I said to the 2 friends I had in the class, and all of that lead up to the incident on Wednesday, which lead to my temporary removal from PE entirely.

*sighs again*

I don't know if I have to go to another PE class again.

They didn't listen to me for 4 years. They finally did something and said it was because they thought it was best.

I've been wanting this for 4 years. It has to end.

And if this is happening to anyone else, which it must be, can't only be me at this point, I want it on record that there is a possibility of getting out of this rediculously mandatory class.

I say that for all of you who are fed up with this hellacious class, we band against it. For everyone who's ever been bullied or beaten up because they have to play some crappy game of basketball alone because they can't get picked on a team, for everyone that has been driven to the point of madness through the means of abrasive students and uncaring teachers, for everyone who has gotten in trouble for being made fun of, PE has to be stopped.

Screw the ciriculum. If they make me take PE next year, I'm taking my final stand - I'm refusing to take the class.

f**k graduation. Not taking the class is the only way I graduate with sanity. I don't need the credits. If PE is the only way to graduate, then I won't.

I understand Freedom of Speech. But allowing this crap to be said is abusing the First Ammendment. And this crap is only allowed in PE.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 4:23 am

PE is useless and disgusting, I was able to get taken out of it and it was much better.

What is this even supposed to be for anyways? Social Skills? Keeping Fit?

Pretty much all I saw was that 'Athletes get treated better, and anyone different needs to learn that they will be abused, and it's their own damn fault.'

There are people that take Karate that fail PE. How is that even possible?

Speaking of, I figure that if you do martial arts, you should get a free pass out of PE.

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2006, 4:47 am

^Don't have that option. And I agree, PE is basically "Jocks are the most important people on the planet, everyone else is nothing but dust."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 6:56 am

I think the way bullying gets handled is terrible.

I hope the bullies rot in hell for eternity or get reincarnated into the scum they are and deserve.

Put me away, arrest me, but I don't see anywthing wrong with stabbing some f*ckwit that deserves it, as long as they can feel physical pain, I don't care if I die, i'll die happy.

Of course I would never kill someone, but by god, would I hurt them. I've only ever been driven to this state of mind to lash out once or twice before.

I don't know anyway you can really make yourself feel better, maybe just kick them in the nuts a few times. (if it's guys) If it's girls, punch them in the chest.

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2006, 7:17 am

^See, I would, but then the SHART (SMART team normally, but they're not smart, and where I live, SHART basically means when you fart out crap, so...) team gets called out, I get a record, and have to go to those God awful PRYDE classes and write some damn essay on "How Can I Stop Bullying".

The answer to that essay question? I CAN'T. THAT SHOULDN'T BE MY JOB, IT SHOULD BE THE SCHOOL'S!

I was afraid I was going to get repremended by someone for saying what I said about quitting PE, but judging the reactions I've already gotten, I can tell we're going somewhere. Obviously, PE is a problem for others beside myself. That can lead to a very persuasive argument in front of several school boards.

I'm not letting anyone else get hurt by these classes, these students, or these teachers - I'm brining this to the California Board of Education soon enough, I've waited far too long. And I know there are several others behind me on this - including teachers.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2006, 7:21 am

I never saw the point in PE either, and I think the other girls in the class just used it as an excuse to laugh at my poor ball skills, and aim balls at me. Perhaps you could see if there's something else you could do instead, if you can't actually get out of the lessons, perhaps the teacher might let you do something aside from the rest of the class. In my secondary school we had a spare net, so when the others played netball or anything else, the teacher would let me practice trying to throw a ball through the spare net. It helped me keep fit, and also taught me better hand-eye coordination, and I actually quite enjoyed it as opposed to having to face my classmates.

I agree with hale_bopp about how bullying is handled, most schools just seem to pretend it's not even happening these days. I got bullied verbally in both primary and secondary school (occasionally physically in primary school), and in secondary school I actually went and told the headmistress what was happening. Her reply was that it's not actually bullying unless it's physical. :roll:

I think one thing that might work is if you confront the headteacher directly. Get your parents to help you if possible, and even get the school board or whoever else is in charge on the case. Perhaps then they'll actually take notice of the bullying and do something about it, and it could help others who are being bullied as well. :)

Help revive ReBoot!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 7:21 am

I never had any problems in PE, even though I was the last to usually be picked, no-one really cared.

What gets on my goat is bullies that not only GET AWAY WITH IT, but the person that gets bullied gets punished! That's enough to make me want to ram a screwdriver through the punisher.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 7:22 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
PE is useless and disgusting, I was able to get taken out of it and it was much better.

What is this even supposed to be for anyways? Social Skills? Keeping Fit?

PE is a way of seperating the weak from the strong,the unpopular from the popular,it's an unfair class system which gives more confidence to the best and demeans those who aren't as good at sports,not every person is going to have great ability in basketball,football etc and not every person is physically adaptable to these sports so why are those who aren't going to gain anything from basket ball... forced to play them,when they could go to an alternative class instead-one that they are good and and will learn something from.

Roybertito,
the fact the school knows all about it and it has gone on long enough shows they aren't even competent to be working there,no person should have to go through all that in a life time,let alone just the school years.
It's usually the victim who gets in trouble for fighting back at bullies because bullies often attack in private/away from authority so it looks like they are the victim when they are attacked.
Yet get them on their own and they are cowards.
The person who said he'd buy a gun to give it to self,to shoot self,very stupid-he's going to spend money on someone he supposedly hates? he is showing how much of a coward he is by saying he would give the gun to self,it sounds absolute crap to me,it's a classic bully attempt at passing the blame and making the victim hate themself.

Is there no chance of moving schools?
Have any formal complaints being made to the school?

PE would never be stopped-especially now that child hood obesity is getting worse they're probably going to add more fitness,but there should be an opt out and alternative for those who need it.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Last edited by KingdomOfRats on 31 May 2006, 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2006, 7:23 am

the last few time i have lashed out i have bitten and drawn blood, although i did stop biting for 6 weeks, although i have bitten a couple of times since, havent drawn any blood though. just normally leave bite marks. i growl alot and peopa say that is wierd.

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 7:24 am

I find this funny because a few years ago, I was reading a report that pretty much said that PE class does not even achive its own objectives which is to make students fit. Apparently, the only persons that were getting anything out of PE class were the athletes (surprise surprise :roll: ) and even then, once they stopped playing, their exercise skills were non-existant.

In the 8th grade, I refused to take part in PE class. I am sure the teacher could have failed me but did not because they already knew my mothers attitude toward special subjects (she really told the art teacher off). The rule was "If I failed 2 special subjects and one core subject, I would fail the grade). I was however doing the best of the class in the 4 code subjects (Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies). As such, no matter what the PE teacher did, I could not fail.

I was required to attend PE class for all 4 years of HS to graduate (NYS law) but by then, I had decided to go to a HS where none of the students were truly normal and as such, did fine in PE class. I still hated it however.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 May 2006, 7:25 am

There's no chance of switching schools, however, this is the first and only incident I've had at this school, so hopefully, another won't happen, however, what troubles me is I don't know if the kid is getting in trouble or not. I hope so. I'm tired of them getting off scott-free.

And on the PE issue, I started a new thread in The Haven discussing the issue of banning the class entirely.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 9:19 am

In the 8th and 9th year at school, I was bullied so much that I stopped turning up (I went to the library instead) to PE. I failed that class and I didn't care one bit.
I was asked recently if I wanted to go to a reunion of that school and I replied, "Only if I can bring a stabbing implement with me." I have no doubt that I would have turned psychotic upon seeing some of those excuses for people.

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2006, 12:38 pm

I finally got out of PE senior year because I had moved to a different state where all I needed was 2 credits(half a credit per year) and my old school was 4 credits(1 per year) so I went to the office saying I have more credits than I need in PE and wont be doing it anymore, took a week or 2 but finally got it through.

I remember being the outcast and always being picked last. I wasn't even a bad player, I was just not liked so they made me deal with antagonism and the feelings of being unacceptable, unwelcomed. I was always having to fight back and yes, I, not they, would get in trouble. Hell my freshman year in highschool, at the end of lunch one day a kid broke a plactic chair over my head and I GOT IN TROUBLE, because I swore. Never found out who it was because my back was to them and it was crowded right afterwords. I got suspended a lot for defending myself. I played on the football team because I loved football and thought I'd get some relief from the "bullies"(for lack of better terms). I was wrong, It was worse because I didnt have the same endurance and fitness as everyone else, not too mention people knew my past there.

Things only got a little better when i left the state and got a new school. I was still ostracized for my wierd Point of view and "eccentric" personality.

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2006, 12:39 pm

didnt mean to post twice!

lae
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 1:50 pm

:( Roybertito, I am very sorry you had to go through all that. As you can see, there's people here who have been through it too. I've always felt PE class should at least be optional. I remember being tortured in PE class as well.

pineapple
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2006, 4:57 pm

Aww, man I'm sorry you're going through all this. (For some reason, I thought you were older than high school, anyway... :) )
I'm afraid I can't give you much advice...the kids at my HS were way too busy studying to bully anyone, and luckily we only had to take PE for 2 years. But before HS, I had (waaaay tooo many) experiences like yours. :( Hang in there...