Page 9 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:12 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
uhhhhh, do you not understand that women who wait for men to ask them out will not have the men they want asking them out?

So what, you expect us to be mind-readers? Without directly asking us, we don't know who wants to be approached and who doesn't. It's like trying to read different types of paint. You're asking a guy to specifically want Egyptian Blue when all he can see is Blue, Blue, Blue. So the first girl he asks is Catalina blue, he's apparently rejecting Egyptian Blue? What a load of crap!

hyperlexian wrote:
that is rejection, and it stings exactly the same way.

Having a different guy approach you is the same of being told you're not attractive and there's no hope of a relationship ever, is it? Really?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:16 pm

J-Greens wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
uhhhhh, do you not understand that women who wait for men to ask them out will not have the men they want asking them out?

So what, you expect us to be mind-readers? Without directly asking us, we don't know who wants to be approached and who doesn't. It's like trying to read different types of paint. You're asking a guy to specifically want Egyptian Blue when all he can see is Blue, Blue, Blue. So the first girl he asks is Catalina blue, he's apparently rejecting Egyptian Blue? What a load of crap!

hyperlexian wrote:
that is rejection, and it stings exactly the same way.

Having a different guy approach you is the same of being told you're not attractive and there's no hope of a relationship ever, is it? Really?

yes, if you are not attracted to that guy it is the same - the man who want to date has rejected you. if you don't care who you date and just don't want to be rejected, you could just ask every female you meet. there are some lonely women at the old age home, for example. oh, unless you are being picky?

(i don't expect anyone to read anyone else's mind. i don't use the strategy of waiting around)

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
yes, if you are not attracted to that guy it is the same - the man who want to date has rejected you.

Have to call this exactly what it is:
Total f*****g BS.
We are not mind readers. If you want a guy, tell him. Then he has the rare power of deciding.

hyperlexian wrote:
if you don't care who you date and just don't want to be rejected, you could just ask every female you meet.

You don't get how rejection works. Like I've said before, if you repeatedly keep getting rejected, you'll eventually never bother to ask, because you'll instantly assume the answer will be no.

hyperlexian wrote:
there are some lonely women at the old age home, for example. oh, unless you are being picky?

I'm pretty sure those women can't reproduce. While they may have a nice character and personality, the long term aspects aren't so positive. I'm sure guy's sperm will last though, so why don't you ask those single women friends of yours to pop down to the old age home?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:37 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
ahhh i see what you mean.

it doesn't really hold water, though. many women here on the board have had multiple NT men after them and they chose aspie men instead. aspie men were not seen as lesser options. the proof is in the pudding.

Maybe they were the best apples, not all aspie men are sh***y apples.

But that also proves that women in general have a large broad of choices,usually much more than most men, that's the main reason why women usually become pickier than men over the years.

Yes, but the trend is in the opposite direction. Women start out very picky and then become less so as they enter the 30's--as they become less desirable to the most desirable men-- or at least they become picky about different things.

They change their preferences but they usually don't become less picky, many become even pickier and pickier because of all the options they encountered in life; only the lonely depressed women who are failing to attract anyone are the ones who usually become less picky, same for men.

It is a common myth that women become less picky with age.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 Jan 2013, 3:41 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
uhhhhh, do you not understand that women who wait for men to ask them out will not have the men they want asking them out? that is rejection, and it stings exactly the same way. i know, because i have been rejected both ways. and women who ask men out directly... get rejected directly.

so surprise!! !! every girl in the world knows how rejection feels too.

I really agree with this, and I can identify. I never ask women out. I expect them to ask me out because I can't read body language regarding interest, flirting, etc. So I have a similar experience. I have gotten dates this way, but it's frustrating because I never get asked out by the women I want asking me out (I'm not even really that picky), just the ones who probably have fewer options than average. It is very irritating and one reason I have almost given up on dating after tons of unsatisfying experience of going out with people I'm just not really attracted to, or have serious issues like untreated bipolar, etc. that don't work well with my autism. So I think this is how women must feel in many cases - right?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

you keep trying to "explain" rejection to me, completely ignoring the fact that i've been rejected, both by being ignored and directly when i have approached people. so don't bother with that - i already know it firsthand. you don't have some vast breadth of knowledge you could bestow upon me simply because you have different genitalia.

women can and DO show men that they like them, but that doesn't mean they won't be rejected, obviously. showing that they are interested and getting rejected at that point is... still rejection. i suppose you live in a magical land where men date every single woman who shows interest in them. that is not the case, however. even on this forum there are multiple thread referring to such "desperate" women. women who play hard to get are considered more highly coveted by many men. dunno why that is, but women who show interest will often put men off. go ahead and research it.. i already did.

and ok.... so the point of dating is just to reproduce? fair enough. well, if all people choose to be less picky about who they date, a whole world will open up to them, even if they restrict it to the childbearing years. that includes all men being less picky! because even people who complain of rejection on this forum have been often shown to have specific criteria, or at least hey are very picky. funny how that works.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
uhhhhh, do you not understand that women who wait for men to ask them out will not have the men they want asking them out? that is rejection, and it stings exactly the same way. i know, because i have been rejected both ways. and women who ask men out directly... get rejected directly.

I really agree with this, and I can identify. I never ask women out. I expect them to ask me out because I can't read body language regarding interest, flirting, etc. So I have a similar experience. I have gotten dates this way, but it's frustrating because I never get asked out by the women I want asking me out (I'm not even really that picky), just the ones who probably have fewer options than average. It is very irritating and one reason I have almost given up on dating after tons of unsatisfying experience of going out with people I'm just not really attracted to, or have serious issues like untreated bipolar, etc. that don't work well with my autism. So I think this is how women must feel in many cases - right?

yes, i think that is exactly it!

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:52 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

So what's the solution? Is it easier to get braver as you get older? I have a deep-seated fear of being called creepy even though it's never happened (at least to my face)?

Both of us were, apparently, worried about being judged, for different reasons, to ask people out we like. What did you do to overcome that?

Last edited by Tyri0n on 22 Jan 2013, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 3:55 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

So what's the solution? Is it easier to get braver as you get older? I have a deep-seated fear of being called creepy even though it's never happened (at least to my face)?

yeah, i have taken to calling myself creepy. i am pretty upfront about my creeperish tendencies, but that's a story for another day.

i think it might sometimes be easier to get braver because you have less to lose. people's opinions do not matter too much as you get older. but some people might disagree. i don't have any easy answers, sorry bout that. -_-

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

I've always wondered about these women that end up marrying a guy because he is, lets say, a good provider, but she never really falls in love. She says she learned to love the guy. I think they are BS themselves, or maybe they just marry so that they don't have to be alone and can have kids as their parents probably expect of them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relationsh ... 68977.html

Now, on the other hand, how many men you know can date 24 women a year????

THE APPLE BASKET IS NOT A FICTION.

:P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:11 pm

Stalk wrote:
I've always wondered about these women that end up marrying a guy because he is, lets say, a good provider, but she never really falls in love. She says she learned to love the guy. I think they are BS themselves, or maybe they just marry so that they don't have to be alone and can have kids as their parents probably expect of them.

probably she is the mirror image of the guy who marries the woman who is the good mother for his children, the pillar of the church, the woman his parents really got along with (but that he didn't love). or the woman who was really hot. or the good provider. or whatever. people can marry for a lot of reasons other than love, i think.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

yeah, i have taken to calling myself creepy. i am pretty upfront about my creeperish tendencies, but that's a story for another day.

i think it might sometimes be easier to get braver because you have less to lose. people's opinions do not matter too much as you get older. but some people might disagree. i don't have any easy answers, sorry bout that. -_-

I think I've actually become more concerned about what people think of me the older I've gotten, as I've gotten more aware of what people think in general. I used to be up for almost anything socially; now, I avoid some social situations, behaviors, etc. if I think I might appear more awkward or weird. For you, did this peak and then decline at some point?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relationships/Women+Date+24+Men+A+Year-268977.html

if there are very many women dating 24 men a year, then the men are also doing a lot of dating too. otherwise the averages wouldn't work. so either there are a lot of women at home getting NO dates, or there are a lot of people all dating each other. of course, the truth is most likely in the middle somewhere, with most people getting a few dates here and there.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think I've actually become more concerned about what people think of me the older I've gotten, as I've gotten more aware of what people think in general. I used to be up for almost anything socially; now, I avoid some social situations, behaviors, etc. if I think I might appear more awkward or weird. For you, did this peak and then decline at some point?

somewhere around age 30, i felt a bit less like i was being watched by people, i think

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 4:28 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/relationships/Women+Date+24+Men+A+Year-268977.html

if there are very many women dating 24 men a year, then the men are also doing a lot of dating too. otherwise the averages wouldn't work. so either there are a lot of women at home getting NO dates, or there are a lot of people all dating each other. of course, the truth is most likely in the middle somewhere, with most people getting a few dates here and there.

Or there are a minority of men who are getting the largest part of total dates, which is most probably the case.