Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

melcooley
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Dec 2012, 7:17 am

I don't intend to be patronizing. I actually have a lot of respect for golf professionals
as it is a hard game to learn and even harder to teach. My point is that we are all different
with different body types, rhythms and levels of co-ordination. I don't believe that there
is a one size fits all swing. I experimented with Moe's swing and it doesn't work for me.
Of course he was a short, squat man and I am 6 ft, 190 lbs. The quest to solve the
mystery of the golf swing is what hooked me on the game. Trying to learn it on my own
was the point.

And I am sorry if I appear patronizing. I am a blunt Aspie after all.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2012, 7:27 am

You can still make an effort to be polite, you know as an Aspie how you would like to be treated, so treat others with due respect.

There is no mystery to the swing at all, but I could tell you many amazing information about what happens during the swing.

If you ask.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 7:53 am

Look at Bubba who has never had a lesson in his life and look where he is now. I used to golf. Amazing putter, not that great at striking distance.

davidgolfpro
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jan 2013, 8:13 am

He was in the college golf team, so this means he was involved in croup training sessions. But still he is just one of those players that do not need formal training but teach themselves by practising all the time, watching, listening, reading, feeling.

He always has good golfers around him to show him how to do it, but think of this...what if he had had intensive one-to-one lessons,,who great would he then be by now??? We will never know.

158 of 200 Aspergers.
58 of 200 Nt