Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 1:37 am

Despite excellent dental hygiene, I have yellow teeth.

They are naturally yellow and no amount of bleaching will change that. I have gone through two professional bleaching kits, costing around $300 each.

The dentist says my only other option would be to get veneers, which cost $600-$1200 per tooth. I'd need 22 veneers.

That would cost between $13,200 and $26,400

That is the price of a new car, which I most certainly can't afford.

How do men feel about women with yellow teeth?

arondight
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2010, 1:42 am

Some tend to have teeth like that and I dont mind as long as it isn't too profound which probably only happens by purposefully neglecting ones teeth. All in all, no foul cried.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

I could think of worse things than yellow teeth.

silvercat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Oct 2010, 2:25 am

As a child in the sixties I got discolored teeth through tetracycline use, an antibiotic.
A lot of people my age had the same problem. I was always very ashamed for my teeth. Recently I was able to afford myself porcelain veneers.
But I have to say that in the past I had never problems attracting guys in spite of the teeth. I think if the rest of the package is o.k. you don't have to worry, they will not even notice it.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 5:45 am

Teeth are naturally ivory, so a little yellow. I was afraid of this. Pretty soon neon white teeth and balloon boobs will be the standard.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 6:10 am

Aimless wrote:
neon white teeth

Moog likes this.

Like any imperfection, yellow teeth are just one of those things. If I like someone, it won't matter.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 6:34 am

Chronos: To spend all that money on a cosmetic procedure seems ridiculous and obscene.

As a person with yellowish-whitish teeth, this thread pleases me. I admit I experience a good deal of insecurity about this "problem." Regardless of my own teeth, I have to agree with previous posters--ivory would be the ideal color. I don't mind yellowed teeth in a man. Missing teeth would no doubt give me pause, but the color? By no means.

Teeth are not meant to glow in the dark.

Last edited by Kaybee on 19 Oct 2010, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Oct 2010, 6:35 am

Personally I prefer yellow teeth to the current overly-bleached trend. At least it's natural.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 6:58 am

Are they a dark yellow? Mine were stained until a few years ago when I found an awesome gel kit on ebay for 30bucks. I used it for a few days but I still had this stain even though my teeth were whitening. I took a q-tip after one bleaching and rubbed the stain and it came off! I almost fell down. I had that stain for years and this stuff must have loosened it but the brush bristles couldn't lift it. Now when I want to brighten my teeth up I just use toothpaste or straight baking soda on a q-tip and rub it around.

I don't like the neon white either and teeth should never look brighter than the light part of your eyes.

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Oct 2010, 8:27 am

Chronos wrote:
Despite excellent dental hygiene, I have yellow teeth.

They are naturally yellow and no amount of bleaching will change that. I have gone through two professional bleaching kits, costing around $300 each.

The dentist says my only other option would be to get veneers, which cost $600-$1200 per tooth. I'd need 22 veneers.

That would cost between $13,200 and $26,400

That is the price of a new car, which I most certainly can't afford.

You have 1234 posts!!

And... don't worry, crooked teeth are more unattractive than yellow, and even then there are a lot of things more important/involved/looked at

I have two yellow fang teeth... no matter what they're always darker than the rest and refuse to get lightened xD just happy yellow fangeroos~ :P (specially one, only crooked/gapped tooth in my mouth, so sets itself apart then its yellow xD mean witthe tooth!)

Just be more confident... smile more, even if they are yellow, the color doesn't matter so much as the smiling...

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:52 am

Only black people have naturally white teeth.

Only whitener in your toothpaste stops teeth from going yellow. If you remove that your still are still clean and healthy if you brush them your just seeing the "REAL" colour of your teeth.

Be natural, don't bleach your teeth its absolutely disgusting and gross to artificially turn your teeth white like that.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2010, 10:27 am

Chronos wrote:

Personally, it's a rather difficult question to answer. I've met some women with nice white and straight teeth who I believe are absolutely gorgeous and others who have some crookedness, and yellow that I feel are gorgeous as well. I've also meet women who have "perfect" teeth and thought they were just okay.

I tend to think a smile, while possibly enhanced by whiter teeth, is a package deal with the whole face essentially. I'd not rule a woman out necessarily because of it.

The real concern is ... can she cook? :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 10:56 am

Post a pic.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

19 Oct 2010, 1:57 pm

Laz wrote:
Only black people have naturally white teeth.

Wrong.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

19 Oct 2010, 2:08 pm

OP, if you haven't tried one yet, I recommend investing in a Sonic toothbrush (WaterPik makes a nice one). It really does a far superior job cleaning teeth when compared to using a regular toothbrush (I'd be surprised if using one doesn't improve the appearance of your teeth).

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

Tsiiki wrote:
I have two yellow fang teeth... no matter what they're always darker than the rest and refuse to get lightened xD just happy yellow fangeroos~ :P (specially one, only crooked/gapped tooth in my mouth, so sets itself apart then its yellow xD mean witthe tooth!)

I've noticed that the canines tend to yellow more quickly than the other teeth in some people. You've got me wondering why.