Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:02 pm

I went to a bride's maid luncheon this afternoon since I am a bride's maid in her wedding and she gave us all jewelry for that will match. The luncheon was excellent and the food was great and I loved the jewelry. However, my birthday is tomorrow and I got a little jealous since it seemed to center more around the bride and not my birthday tomorrow. I am not jealous that she is getting married but it's more a feeling selfish that she should be celebrating my birthday in addition. I was also upset that no one considered bringing me a card or a gift and they seemed to get things for the bride.

How can I handle realizing that not everything is about me?

Yasmine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Oct 2010, 2:24 pm

Hm, that's something to remember for the off chance that I get married one day. Make sure it's not on one of my friends' birthdays... It would suck to have to choose between ones anniversary and celebrating with your friend each year...

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:43 pm

I believe there was an episode of Numb3rs in which two mathematicians were getting married, and were using the various formulas to find a day to get married that didn't coincide with any other celebrations. Eventually one of their parents "conceded" an anniversary. (I think.)

The point is, no matter how hard you try to avoid it, this may still happen.

But they do not have me

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:52 pm

I felt like it wasn't fair to either of us that she had to throw the luncheon today because it made me look like I was being selfish when I wasn't trying to seem like that. In the end, I felt a little disappointed with my own birthday a day away.