Page 1 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Crabs_the_Warthog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2010, 6:42 pm

I am going to attempt to cure or at least treat my aspergers disease with the GFCF diet. The Diet consists of 3 main rules to start out with:
1. No Dairy (Caseine), and No Gluten (Dairy)
2. I can drink only Water (No milk, juices, or soda)
3. No Sugar, and no Soy [cancelling out almost everything nowadays]

Vitamin C – 500% [needed for Autism to grow and function]
Vitamin E – 250% [needed for Autism to grow and function]
Thiamin – 1667%
Riboflavin – 1471%
Vitamin B6 – 3750%
Folic Acid – 200%
Vitamin B12 – 1558% [required for Autism to grow and function, very important for Focusing as well as Mood]
Biotin – 200%
Panthotenic Acid – 2000%
Zinc – 200-533%
Selenium – 143% [required for Autism to grow and Function]
Etc.

and 167% extra calcium. This should make my brain fluctuate better and give me confidence over time. Next, I am limiting TV screens and computer screens to maybe 2 hrs. a week. Finally, I am going to seek speech therapy. I will try this out for 30 days and record any changes in (M)ood, (F)ocus, (E)nergy, and (S)ocial skills.

Day 0 - Today I totally pigged out at my all I can eat cafeteria at my college. Waffles, Pizzas, Burgers, Cookies, Lasagna, Chocolate Milk, and plenty of glutens. You name it, and it probably went down my throat. To bad whenever I go on these eating rampages, I can never remember what anything tastes like. And when I'm done, I look down at my plate, and my food is gone.
M - 1/10
F - 1/10
E - 1/10
S - 1/10

Day 1 (Sunday) - 1 banana, a bunch of organic free samples from earth fare for lunch, and 1 bowl of soup with crackers and crutons, plus my Multi V.
M - 1/10
F - 1/10
E - 1/10
S - 1/10

Day 2 - 1 banana, two organic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (with organic gluten) 1 slice of pizza (With Gluten), and my Multi V., and 3 cups of organic milk (with casseine) I felt a little bit less moody today, so i will rate Mood a 2/10.
M - 2/10
F - 1/10
E - 2/10
S - 1/10

Day 3 (Tuesday) - I am planning on eating 1 waffle, with butter and syrup for breakfast [the last of my sugar intake up until Halloween Night], 3 cups of organic milk, 2 sticks of celery and organic peanut butter ( 1 each for lunch and dinner), and continue my multivitamin supplement. Furthermore, I realize how much rules of the diet I have been breaking; Let me state that I have been cutting back on sugar, as you can see.
M:
F:
E:
S:

Last edited by Crabs_the_Warthog on 25 Oct 2010, 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 6:55 pm

Crabs_the_Warthog wrote:
I am going to cure my Aspergers disease.

Asperger's Syndrome is not a disease, but the things you have mentioned might still prove helpful in dealing with some of its many challenges!

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 6:56 pm

Okay, good luck with that.

I did the whole detailed and strict vitamin, mineral, diet, and exercise regimen and after two months I was an energetic and healthy autistic person.

GaijinRanger
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2010, 7:03 pm

Have fun with your sideways ballcaps and popped collars.

Hey, who wants to scientifically debate whether or not the Force is actually possible? :D

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 7:09 pm

On the one hand, the "cure" you want to try is... to be frank, a joke. Plus, Asperger's isn't a disease.

On the other hand, this is a fascinating experiment and I will be following it closely. I approve of your use of the scientific method and anticipate gaining a large amount of useful data.

EDIT: Oh, and it would have been more useful with a control... but still.

NOT A DOCTOR

Blueskygirl
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2010, 7:20 pm

Crabs_the_Warthog wrote:
I am going to cure my Aspergers disease. First I am going to switch to bread that has organic gluten, and organic milk, and a multivitamin supplement that has the following daily values
Thiamin – 1667%
Riboflavin – 1471%
Vitamin B6 – 3750%
Folic Acid – 200%
Vitamin B12 – 1558% [required for Autism to grow and function]
Biotin – 200%
Panthotenic Acid – 2000%
Zinc – 200-533%
Selenium – 143% [required for Autism to grow and Function]
Etc.

and 167% extra calcium. This should make my brain fluctuate better and give me confidence over time. Next, I am limiting TV screens and computer screens to maybe 2 hrs. a week. Finally, I am going to seek speech therapy. I will try this out for 30 days and record any changes in (M)ood, (F)ocus, (E)nergy, and (S)ocial skills.

Day 0
M - 1/10
F - 1/10
E - 1/10
S - 1/10

Day 1 - 1 slice of pizza (With Gluten). I felt a little bit less moody today, so i will rate Mood a 2/10.
M - 2/10
F - 1/10
E - 1/10
S - 1/10

Day 2 - I will increase energy to a 2, as I worked out at the gym for 1 hour.
M - 2/10
F - 1/10
E - 2/10
S - 1/10

Give me a cure for being NT. :wink: I mean it. I've pretty much decided that I'm just a highly sensitive and overly anxious NT person....who fits in better with the AS crowd...so please don't go away. :lol:

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Oct 2010, 7:55 pm

Quote:
Aspergers Disease

Crabs_the_Warthog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

The cure is not a joke. It is real, I just know it and I'm gonna prove it too.

Countess
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

:smurfin: :smurf: :brilsmurf: :bigsmurf:

I believe in Smurfs.

Do you live under a bridge?

Crabs_the_Warthog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

Well, it turns out that the GFCF doesn't let me have dairy or gluten, even if they are organic milk and organic gluten. I don't want my milk and bread to go to waste, so I'll use them up. The Milk cost me $3.75 for one freaking quart!! !

Nonetheless, despite this minor setback, I have still eliminated my sugar and soy intake, and this will undoubtedly improve my environmental health in some aspect (I hypothesize more towards the energy portion of my studies, seeing as Sugar is known to slow one down). Also the lack of hormones in my milk should improve my mood somewhat. Furthermore, social skills should follow closely behind a healthy and emotionally fit mind. Either way, the point is that I am making progress, and that was the main goal here.

Any ways, I am very fortunate to live within a 5 minute walking radius of an Earthfare.

P.S. - I should be able to finish off the bread and milk within 2 weeks, and then start the Gluten and Caseine free diet officially. Then I'll switch the organic milk with a calcium supplement (162% daily value of calcium.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 9:03 pm

Crabs_the_Warthog wrote:
Well, it turns out that the GFCF doesn't let me have dairy or gluten

You don't say? The GLUTEN free CASEIN free diet doesn't allow gluten, or a protein that is found in high amounts in dairy products?

Forgive me for finding this highly amusing.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:18 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Crabs_the_Warthog wrote:
Well, it turns out that the GFCF doesn't let me have dairy or gluten

You don't say? The GLUTEN free CASEIN free diet doesn't allow gluten, or a protein that is found in high amounts in dairy products?

Forgive me for finding this highly amusing.

I caught that in his first post. But decided not to argue with him. He obviously just read half a paragraph about this on some lame mainstream Web site, and decided he became an expert. His views are highly misguided.

Gluten is gluten. There is no such thing as organic gluten.

Besides, you don't have a "disease", AS can't be cured, and you aren't helping your AS with that diet and vitamins.

Last edited by Dilbert on 25 Oct 2010, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mysty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:18 pm

Crabs_the_Warthog wrote:

What do you mean by "needed for Autism to grow and function"? I'm puzzled by your wording. Do you mean needed for a person with autism to grow and function?

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:19 pm

Actually on second thought... he's trolling.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:29 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Actually on second thought... he's trolling.

DingDingDingDingDing!

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2010, 10:32 pm

Or maybe you should just stop listening to people who are trying to tell you there is something wrong with you, and make some efforts to improve your social skills.