Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

unclenutcracker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2006, 4:49 am

My girlfriend (! !!... can you believe I have one? I think she is HFA, and I'm 95.1% certain that I'm AS) and I are moving to LA at the end of the month. We are joining the UCLA chemistry graduate student program (we picked them because they seemed the most laid back and likely to deal with our "issues").

I would really, really like to meet some people who are HFA, AS, or suspect that they are. My girlfriend can be a bit of a handful (she is rather spazzy but I don't know anybody with a kinder or more open heart), but I am quite chill. It's hard for us to make new friends because we are both awful judges of character and I don't think either of us know how to properly interact with people (not that we don't try our hardest). Don't worry, though, we are nice and very friendly; just different.

I guess I would kind of like to meet some people around our age (something like 20-25), but whatever, we've had older friends. We can be pretty fun people to hang out with, if you get to know us.

Last edited by unclenutcracker on 10 Jun 2006, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

GroovyDruid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2006, 12:02 pm

Sounds great.

I live not too far from UCLA. I volunteer as a test subject at UCLA Neuro-Psych for autism/AS studies ocassionally, and I also have been doing community theater over there for the past year, so I'm familiar with the area. I'm 25 years old, and I, too, would like to make more friends in the ASD community.

If you're interested, PM me, and we'll see what we can set up.

gunit311
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2006, 5:38 pm

I also do not live to far from UCLA myself and I am 24 years of age. leave a reply and maybe the couple of us can get together. pm me also and we can set things up.

jared

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

07 Jun 2006, 2:23 pm

i have hfa and Asperger's. woop de freeking doo.
hit me up on myspace, i live in the pasaened area, and so its kinda close.

Yami
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2006, 12:31 pm

I am in Thousand Oaks

unclenutcracker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Jun 2006, 12:52 am

Yay! People responded! Excellent. I will try to get in touch with all of you. Heh, hopefully we'll get along.

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2006, 7:10 pm

lets agree on a place and meet each other.
then do it!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)