Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 4:39 pm

I'd rather wear socks than not wear them at all.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 9:28 pm

I like socks. I have an enormous collection of them (maybe 200 pair) in almost every style, color and in certain fibers. I never ever wear shoes without socks unless I'm stepping into the back yard for just a moment. I don't like the sensation of my foot sockless in a shoe.

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

I prefer socks, but I knit my own. They don't have seams and they fit my feet perfectly, much more comfortable than what you can get in stores.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 10:04 pm

PangeLingua wrote:
I prefer socks, but I knit my own. They don't have seams and they fit my feet perfectly, much more comfortable than what you can get in stores.

Oh, lovely! I went through a phase of being obsessed with knitting my own socks. They were way better than you can find in stores but I don't have the mind for it these days.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 10:11 pm

Lol my wife says I sweat dirt, if I bought a new pair of shoes, wore them one day without socks, we'd have to leave them outside... I don't wear socks for any other purpose and CANNOT sleep with socks on.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 10:19 pm

Socks just seem more hygenic to me. Sweat will get absorbed by the sock rather than the inside of the shoe, therefore a cleaner shoe IMO.

I always wear 2 pairs of socks for extra confort.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 11:28 pm

blue_bean wrote:
Socks just seem more hygenic to me. Sweat will get absorbed by the sock rather than the inside of the shoe, therefore a cleaner shoe IMO.

No reason it has to be absorbed by anything. Go barefoot!

NOT A DOCTOR

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 11:35 pm

I don't like going barefoot. I never liked the feeling. I noticed I have always worn socks. But I wear them out often and have worn out my favorite pairs and had to toss them out. The longest that last are Holiday socks because I only wear them for that one month a year. Halloween and Christmas.

LK
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2010, 12:52 am

richardbenson wrote:
i only wear lowcut socks, i have beautiful legs/calfs and need to show them off. i also love my ankles :lol:

generally i like my legs more than my arms

Really- or are you kidding? Sorry, that caught my attention as I have a thing for pretty legs, and so few men have decent looking legs. :oops:

Anyway...

When I was several years younger I strongly disliked wearing socks, which my mother complained about. However, I found out that I only disliked them because the quality of the socks wasn't very good. My Japanese family sent me some socks, and I could wear those as they were much softer and didn't itch or slip. Since then I have just taken to buying better quality socks.

While Mr. Kim... has fallen prey to the inexplicable need for human contact, let me step in and assure you that my research will go on uninterrupted, and that social relationships will continue to baffle and repulse me.
- Dr. Sheldon Cooper (TBBT)

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 12:59 am

Finally! Somebody else who doesn't believe in wearing socks! :D I haven't worn socks in over five years. They are pointless. They're just extra clothing to aggravate my sensory issues. And going barefoot makes it so much easier to toe-walk. Down with socks!
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 1:12 am

I hate those thin dress up socks men wear with suits or dress up clothes. Not that ever get dressed up though but I've worn them before when I was younger and know what they feel like. I almost want to say I find them digusting but I might be exaggerating. I really hate them though so I think that's how I really feel about them.

I prefer white cotton socks when wearing shoes unless it's just for a few minutes.

It's generally hard for me to sleep with socks on and so I sleep barefoot.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 1:21 am

You don't even have to toe-walk to have a harder time when wearing shoes!

NOT A DOCTOR

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 1:38 am

I go barefoot a good portion of the time in summer. In the Oregon High Desert. As you might imagine, the soles of my feet are like leather around that time of year.

Any other season, gimme some nice socks and a comfortable pair of hiking boots!

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 8:59 am

I like comfy, well fitting socks in just the right pair of shoe. No socks feels awkward, also causes the shoes and feet to smell bad, and I've worn no socks in shoes some times and I skinned my ankle on the shoe because no sock was there to protect it.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 9:51 am

I have no opinion on this.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 10:24 am

mjs82 wrote:
I have no opinion on this.

That nearly made me scream with laughter. :lol: :lol: :lol: