Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:03 am

I don't like handshakes. I don't understand and wish they'd go away. I do them in work settings if I have to and I can do them well (no limp fish hands here) but I will wash my hands asap afterward (ocd).

At work the students will always try to get me to shake hands or do some stupid high five thing. I just leave them hanging (partially because they're students and it's funny). Some of them even do it on purpose because they know I won't reciprocate. They say as they walk up "watch, she won't do it". Then they say "Aw, that's so mean!" and I say "and what ever gave you the impression I was nice?" And I laugh in their face. MUHAHA.

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 9:19 am

I am perfectly fine with handshakes. It's my favorite form of non-verbal greeting. It's better than that dreadful "three kisses" business. But you wouldn't give grandma a handshake, that doesn't make sense.

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2010, 9:29 am

i dont bother me if i now them or it somebody like a docter or somebody i had to go and see.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:42 am

Severus wrote:
Todesking wrote:
I would love to become rich enough to afford to have someone go into a room before me to explain Mr. Todesking does not wish to be looked directly in his eyes or to shake anyones hand. Please refrain from touching him in anyway. He is not stuck up or thinks he is better than you he is autistic and touching you will hurt him. Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvience. 8)

Good idea. Might as well print this and put it on my front door.
I'd add a risk disclaimer: 'Severus does not like being an object of sucking up, flattering or being hit on. Do so at your own risk'.

Sign me up! Add any personal questions meant to show/fake interest :twisted:

CreativeInfluenza
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2010, 10:52 am

I say bring back the 18th century when men used to bow and women used to curtsy. Women also wore gloves past the elbow and got to carry around parasols outdoors. As a result they had beautiful, youthful-looking skin and needed only show a flicker of wrist or ankle to get men's hearts pumping with lust. These days you have to work out for 6 months to get a tight bikini butt or inject collagen for huge Angelina-type DSLs to get a second look. :P