Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspiepoptard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2010, 2:50 pm

I just woke up one day and now I am seeing aliens just around my bed. They left but I don't know what they were doing there. I am starting to get bad vibes that someone or someTHING is watching me. I can barely focus...just enough to write this post. Lately I see bugs around me at all times. I just woke up and all of this happened. Why? god Why?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:27 pm

It sounds like you are experiencing psychotic symptoms. You need to tell a doctor first thing Monday morning.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:40 pm

Seriously it sounds like it could be symptoms of schizophrenia

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

Is it only when you wake up or fall asleep ? Because it could also just be sleep paralysis.

Nagy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 5:11 pm

The same thing happened to me before
But because I was completely paralyzed and I was hearing very high whistle in my ears, I deducted it was "Sleep Paralysis"
Read about it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

My passions from a common spring.

Nagy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 5:15 pm

Sorry lostD, just seen your reply. I agree with you, it could be sleep paralysis.
Some people see aliens, others see monsters, they differ but they are still hallucinations.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 8:39 am

good movie. you capitalized the A in aliens which indicates a proper noun (eg; movie title)

Nagy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Nov 2010, 8:48 am

MasterJedi wrote:
good movie. you capitalized the A in aliens which indicates a proper noun (eg; movie title)

LOL :lol:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 11:35 am

Firstly I would obviously advise you to see a doctor about this as hallucinations should never be ignored. The fact that you are seeing aliens and bugs interests me as my granddad who has narcolepsy sees these whenever he wakes up from a sleep attack. I'm not saying you've got narcolepsy its just interesting coincidence.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 12:50 pm

Aspiepoptard wrote:
I just woke up one day and now I am seeing aliens just around my bed. They left but I don't know what they were doing there. I am starting to get bad vibes that someone or someTHING is watching me. I can barely focus...just enough to write this post. Lately I see bugs around me at all times. I just woke up and all of this happened. Why? god Why?

I think I smell a rat.

(please forgive me if I'm wrong)

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 1:30 pm

I was a bit suspicious of this post too... not quite sure why.

Aspiepoptard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2010, 5:39 pm

They put me on seroquil. My paranoia has been subdued at least for a little bit.

I think maybe you guys are paranoid also.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 6:37 pm

Quote:

Well, duh..! You are in the Bipolar and Schizophrenic section after all! lol

How long have you been on Seroquil? If, as appears from your post, you've been on antipsychotics one day, then wow. It took several weeks for mine to kick in.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 11:36 pm

Aspiepoptard wrote:
They put me on seroquil. My paranoia has been subdued at least for a little bit.

Seroquel is a good med. Just be sure to cut way back on the sugar and carbs or you will eventually get fat. Also, fatty foods block it's absorption so it takes longer to work. Smoking counteracts antipsychotics, so if you smoke, you will have to take higher doses than you otherwise would.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 7:37 am

I'm on seroquel XL, the prolonged release one... it's certainly helped me.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 9:34 am

Actually, and again forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that we're being messed with on this thread. Hallucinations generally don't just pop up out of the blue. I didn't wake up one day seeing ghosts, it grew on me. I'd see shadows, hear footsteps, snatches of voices, and over months they got more concrete. So, if someone "suddenly" woke up on morning seeing aliens then they'd probably have something completely different from a schizophrenic spectrum disorder. Delirium or substance abuse seems most likely, though some form of sleep paralysis or epilepsy is also a possibility.

Also, if the poster woke up one day with said delusions, and posted them on the forum, he/she is a very fortunate person to have seen a doctor in one day who would prescribe him a strong drug like seroquel. You have to titrate gradually upwards on seroquel, and it's not immediately effective. So the cure seems as "sudden" and unlikely as the "sudden" aliens.

So, what doctor, based on a case history of a patient seeing one off aliens, would on the same or following day as the hallucination prescribe a strong antipsychotic, instead of taking time to make a proper diagnoses? And how would that anti psychotic work so quickly?

You can see why I'm dubious... but I do apologise if in some way I've misunderstood what's happening here.