Online Bullying - PLEASE STOP IT

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2010, 11:41 pm

Whoever is posting multiple spam messages about some stupid imaginary farmer named Dwighk on my blog, on my Last.fm profile, and sending me these ridiculous PMs, PLEASE stop it.

I have suffered through a great deal of physical and emotional abuse as a child and have had enough of bullying already. Thank you. I can't stand the fact that people seem to be making fun of my username on here, too, considering the fact that I came here to find a community where I can feel normal in first place. The only place I can really competently express myself is online, and it's depressing when even here, people don't take me seriously. I don't know how each and every one of you here perceives me, but I have had that feeling of being ignored/not being taken seriously many, many times.

I wish I could delete my messages on here, but I can't. I wish I could change my username, but I can't. Whoever is doing this should get a life. An active user here has sent me one or two of these spammy messages. I have ignored them, but they keep coming back. I don't see the point of this other than to tease and to offend. It's stupid and disguisting.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:17 am

Have you reported the offenders to the mods? And on your blog, I think you can report the offenders to the admin there.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:23 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
Have you reported the offenders to the mods? And on your blog, I think you can report the offenders to the admin there.
I'm not sure how to go about reporting the blog comments. I've also thought that, after getting the PMs, they're probably going to get banned very soon, but they didn't. They don't send me messages on here often. They're being subtle and consistent and it seems that they've tracked me down pretty much everywhere. If I get any other messages on here, I'll report it to the mods.

I wonder if anyone else has heard the name I've mentioned, though, and if they got spammed by that individual, too.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 1:27 am

I have heard of a Dwighk who claims to be a farmer on some aspie sites. Appeared to be a bit of goofball troll.
I don't know if it's the same person you are talking about, but regardless, let the mods know and any admins of those sites you use.

-> http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt132621.html

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:24 am

The fact is Math girl its very obviously Dwike is a troll, but the reason he keeps targetting you is because you keep reacting. if you know anything about him you can go down the lines of harassment.

The first thing to do is to report him to WP if that's where this is happening, also on other forums.

If he is emailing you abuse, you can get the law involved, or change your email and not disclose it to anyone. Have you spoken to Alex about changing your name and why? Does he use a proxy?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:32 am

We already banned 'Dwight the bucktoothed farmer', and his 'father' too, months ago. Unfortunately, getting rid of blog comments is Alex's purview, or rather, he's the only one who can do it. That is, when it comes to blogs you have on WP. If you are talking about your LiveJournal account, that's LiveJournal's purview, or your own. Sorry. These two idiots (assuming, probably incorrectly, that they are not one and the same) are noted autism trolls.

On sabbatical...

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 6:39 am

The thing I find intriguing, though, is that the person who posted a comment on my profile on Last.fm is an actual user with a number of friends and comments on his profile. And the comments aren't anything like "who the heck are you" or "you're stupid". They're actual, decent comments. Which means that this person acts like a decent person with some people, but not others. I really hope I'm not the only one.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 7:27 am

I have a troll on YouTube, and I've dealt with trolls in the past. Two things I found work: either a) if you're capable of it, ignore them or b)as ignoring is not always in my range of ability due to my obsessiveness, I've developed an alternate strategy. I'm a language geek and trolls are often dumber than a box of rocks and make numerous grammatical errors. I start to respond to their every post/comment by correcting their grammar and spelling, not the content of their posts. They could be calling me whatever, and all I do is tell them it's "grammAr, not grammEr" or "damn, you're too stupid to conjugate 'to be' correctly in the past tense, why should I put any credibility in anything YOU say?" It gets rid of them posthaste...LOL. My latest troll is a Romanian and I'm an American, and I corrected his ROMANIAN grammar, and now he's my "pet troll"...LOL. He contacted me the other day to ask me what boogers were (apparently someone ELSE he was bothering told him he eats boogers and his English wasn't good enough to decipher the insult).

Anyhoo...strategies exist and you're likely smart enough to develop one...don't give up :)

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 10:15 am

I've heard of that name before and I think I've seen him around on last.fm. :lol:
You sure he's the same guy?

- Mich.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:42 am

I have heard of him and I know who he is. He likes to pretend he is some farmer and I wouldn't take it personal. I doubt he is targeting you because he does it everywhere and has been banned from other aspie forums except Zomg and I2. He has done it to me too and it doesn't bother me. He does it to everyone.

I must have missed what was going on here because I haven't seen anyone make fun of your username.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:22 pm

If you go to the dashboard of your blog and check the comments, you should be able to get that person's IP address. You should be able to block all comments from that IP address, then post that IP here and the mods/admin might block it from the forum, too.

Plus, so many IP addresses have locations attached to them these days, what you say we find out where this guy lives?

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 6:15 am

Meow101 wrote:
I've developed an alternate strategy. I'm a language geek and trolls are often dumber than a box of rocks and make numerous grammatical errors. I start to respond to their every post/comment by correcting their grammar and spelling, not the content of their posts. They could be calling me whatever, and all I do is tell them it's "grammAr, not grammEr" or "damn, you're too stupid to conjugate 'to be' correctly in the past tense, why should I put any credibility in anything YOU say?" It gets rid of them posthaste...LOL.

Thats is a really good strategy you've developed, I can see how that would get to a troll; your not rising to their provocation (no satisfaction there for them), then pointing out and criticizing their actual concrete errors (inadequacies to their minds).
Nice :D

Oh now I'm paranoid about my grammar.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 8:31 am

nostromo wrote:
Meow101 wrote:
I've developed an alternate strategy. I'm a language geek and trolls are often dumber than a box of rocks and make numerous grammatical errors. I start to respond to their every post/comment by correcting their grammar and spelling, not the content of their posts. They could be calling me whatever, and all I do is tell them it's "grammAr, not grammEr" or "damn, you're too stupid to conjugate 'to be' correctly in the past tense, why should I put any credibility in anything YOU say?" It gets rid of them posthaste...LOL.

Thats is a really good strategy you've developed, I can see how that would get to a troll; your not rising to their provocation (no satisfaction there for them), then pointing out and criticizing their actual concrete errors (inadequacies to their minds).
Nice :D

Oh now I'm paranoid about my grammar.

No need...I only do this to trolls. Even though I *notice* every freaking typo, grammatical error, and spelling error (oh, the wonders of having AS...argh), I only act on it when I choose to. :D And, YES, I ended a sentence with a preposition, in defiance of my old English teachers! :P

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:08 pm

WP is infested with trolls and bullies, no one can be themselves here, even less then on normal forums

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:25 pm

Kilroy wrote:
WP is infested with trolls and bullies, no one can be themselves here, even less then on normal forums

I've been more depressed here due to sheer intolerance from female posters.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:27 pm

they see a LOT of sexist ass holes, and men blaming them because they cant get girlfriends
I wouldn't blame a damn thing on them, I've been here for 4 years and I have seen so many ass hole men come and go, and you seen to hold resentment towards women for no good reason