Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

I only play the version for DS because 1) I'm a sucker for DS FPS games for some odd reason(They're colorful and control amazingly well) and 2) the online portion is actually fun to play and although there is voice chat for it, the 12 Y/O 'I slept with your mom' kids are non-existant(They vomit in the presence of late N64 graphics). Instead there are either 8 year olds who gradually lose interest and stop playing as well as people who like me have a strange attachment to DS fps's.

The DS version has Zombies that can be played cooperatively with a friend or online and for the past week, I've been devoting time to playing it because of how fun it is and because unlike with playing an xbox, my brother won't come and turn off the xbox and tell me it's his turn when he's been playing the whole day and we share the xbox. Yes, I play mostly on handhelds because of my douche of a brother. :(
Zombies is going to keep me sane on the turbulence filled airplane ride to Puerto Rico I will undertake tomorrow. It has 4 exclusive levels that are generally much larger than Nacht Der Untoten, unlimited throwing knives, Vietcong zombies in one level, dogs, powerups, mysteryboxes, expandable areas, etc. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-XOs2b1uY&feature=related[/youtube]

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2010, 1:32 am

I have not played any of the Call of Duty games, so I bought this to have a go, I think it was pretty enjoyable, I think I liked most that the levels were pretty different, although I had to constantly recognise what the new bad guy's uniforms were, surprisingly except for the time you play as a russian and most enemies are white uniforms. I saw the plot coming from a mile away, but it was still enjoyable enough, and I really liked the shotgun, especially the fire one.

I tried the zombie thing, but I could not get very far, and I am a bit of a wus at horror games, but the clip at the end of the campain was pretty funny.

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2010, 7:33 pm

About to prestige in Black Ops, and finished the campaign. The campaign was nothing special (plot made me laugh), and the multiplayer has problems:

A] widespread, easily executed, and unpatched glitch that allow you to reuse killstreak rewards at will
B] cruddy network interpolation makes kill cams etc look like people are lagging even when they arent.
C] dedicated servers must be rented, and only from one place

That said, I enjoy it. Good customization, fun weapons, and an attempt (albeit a half assed one) to fix some of MW2's problems.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 9:26 pm

Hmm, lots of COD haters here!... Can't blame em' though, as MW2 was a major shame to the series.. Luckily, this game is made by a whole different company... and you can tell.

The game does have it's glitches, which one's don't?.. but overall it is a very enjoyable game in my opinion. I don't care for single player campaigns much anymore, for any game, but I do care about the multiplayer.. Multi player is great! Love the new features they have, especially the dive move... Love playing headquarters and being the last guy alive, while everyone is watching me dive and take people out:P IMO this is what MW2 should have been.. because it's quite similar just more crisper.

Anspaughnato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2010, 5:07 am

I bought for the PC via Steam, and really wish I wouldn't.

Probably the worst COD yet, and I've vowed to never buy another game from Treyarch.

I'd call myself a diehard COD fan, but still, this game is dreadful.

Groltag
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2010, 6:24 am

MW2 was a total mess, enjoyable to a degree but definately a mess which never got fully cleaned up (Who remembers the care package glitch, the Javelin glitch etc etc). It's weapon balance was stupid, some of the maps were just spawn trapping hell (Highrise domination anyone? Park a sentry gun on the helipad facing A and just sit back and dance).

Black ops has certainly made things better in my opinion, it's a more crisper affair with a better balancing act and I've seen a lot less problems with it.

Net code is still terrible however, Bungie should retire making games and just make billions selling Halo's net code. As much as I dislike Halo it's net code is the best I've come across.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 6:28 am

Eldanesh wrote:
I think I have been misconstrued.

Patronization has nothing to do with a user, it has to do with the designers. As in doing shoddy jobs of games by not giving any attention to the fact that PC games have way more options that their users tend to expect at this point as far as UI, networking, modding, and general community are concerned.

However, you saying that *insert console here* has games that PC doesn't is an utterly pointless assertion that should instead be " ("insert console here") has specific games that I like" , as the weight of games throughout the entire history of the PC is staggering in comparison. I'm not even going to talk about emulators and mods.

Saying that your TV screen is wider also makes no sense. Anyone moderate in knowledge of PC should know that they can be adapted to whatever TV screen you want, or projector etc, etc, etc. Hell, I just rigged the dorm 50" in the other day.

And no, this is not a hate speech. I own consoles and occasionally play.

Indeed. The trend of games seems to be heading toward endless sequels instead of patches.

KevLibraryGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2010, 5:39 pm

Groltag wrote:
MW2 was a total mess, enjoyable to a degree but definately a mess which never got fully cleaned up (Who remembers the care package glitch, the Javelin glitch etc etc). It's weapon balance was stupid, some of the maps were just spawn trapping hell (Highrise domination anyone? Park a sentry gun on the helipad facing A and just sit back and dance).

Black ops has certainly made things better in my opinion, it's a more crisper affair with a better balancing act and I've seen a lot less problems with it.

Net code is still terrible however, Bungie should retire making games and just make billions selling Halo's net code. As much as I dislike Halo it's net code is the best I've come across.

Could you elaborate on the aforementioned carepackage/javelin glitches? (As a regular user of both, I never noticed anything odd, but then that could be pegged down to my natural short attention span).

My main qualms with MW2 is that it pushed the power level of everything. It was the sort of game where you could get air-to-ground missiles, automated turrets, grenade launchers and even a slightly ridiculous long-distance stabbing knife (re: Commando Pro) without much difficulty. Removed much of the challenge from MW1 and instead made it easier to spam the more powerful stuff. But that said, I still find it kind of enjoyable.

I dunno, part of me is apprehensive about Black Ops, but then maybe thats just because (1) I'm still trying to be good at MW1/2, and (2) I never played WAW, so I don't know how satisfying Treyarch's version of the game is.

Thebigrage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2010, 7:55 pm

COD Black Ops is much better than any COD game Before it idc what anyone says it surpasses all its ancestors and here is why. COD MW2 had sooooooo many issues idk where to begin. Lets see how about One Man Army, Unlimited Noob Tubes need I say more about that, boosters took away the joy of ffa, Nukes were such an over powered Killstreak it was just annoying in my point of view, Even though this is still kinda an issue in Black Ops Griefers, Team killers in hardcore, Tenth Prestige noobs that think they are so cool, and the stacking killstreaks. Black Ops may have it's issues, but there are many less issues in BO then MW2 by far. They have been trying to fix connection issues for every system, pc is kinda hard to fix cause there are soooo many variables with PCs they are all made different which is why i stay away from PC when it comes to COD, They are starting to fix the Commando knife/ Inconsistant knifes in BO. They aren't just abandoning the game IDC what anyone says they aren't abandoning the game they are working hard to try and deal with the issues. One main reason for connection issues is over 3 mill people playing it at the same time on every system available.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2010, 10:41 pm

Subotai wrote:
Eldanesh wrote:
I think I have been misconstrued.

Patronization has nothing to do with a user, it has to do with the designers. As in doing shoddy jobs of games by not giving any attention to the fact that PC games have way more options that their users tend to expect at this point as far as UI, networking, modding, and general community are concerned.

However, you saying that *insert console here* has games that PC doesn't is an utterly pointless assertion that should instead be " ("insert console here") has specific games that I like" , as the weight of games throughout the entire history of the PC is staggering in comparison. I'm not even going to talk about emulators and mods.

Saying that your TV screen is wider also makes no sense. Anyone moderate in knowledge of PC should know that they can be adapted to whatever TV screen you want, or projector etc, etc, etc. Hell, I just rigged the dorm 50" in the other day.

And no, this is not a hate speech. I own consoles and occasionally play.

Indeed. The trend of games seems to be heading toward endless sequels instead of patches.

Someday we will have vengeance on creative assembly for what they've done.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
All the rest as well..

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 8:59 pm

Don't want to sound like a weirdo, but I think the fact you take a full cartridge of bullets and are felled by a knife :roll: is laughable. But that is what every COD game is like: You take more than enough bullets to kill a normal human being and heal, yet when it comes to a knife, it kills you instantly. It makes it seem all you needed to kill every COD character in single combat was a medieval knight: that would make the knife utterly useless.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 6:57 am

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.