Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2006, 10:09 am

It's a silly little thing, but I can't get my sig to work :oops:

It works fine in IE so I know I've written it right-does anyone know why it doesn't work here?
I don't really NEED a waving sunflower, but I like it and I refuse to let it beat me. Can anyone help please?

jolger
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2006, 10:21 am

Either HTML in sig's arent supported by the forum at all (wich i find hard to believe) OR try in profile settings to look up the option "Always enable("or allow") HTML" and try turning it on if it is turned off atm...

Else i think i saw something about live links in the "rules" that you cannot make them until you have been regged here for 7 days or something like that...

/Jolger

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2006, 10:33 am

I made sure 'allow HTML' was on, and it actually tells you to use HTML for the sig.
Very odd...

jolger

09 Jun 2006, 10:50 am

weird :S have you tried using "bbcode" instead??? like [img]location/of/image/on/the/net[/img] or [url]www.google.dk[/url]
not sure if they should be exactly like that but something like it atleast ^^

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 12:00 pm

I can't get it to recognize the font...copy and paste the code below into your sig box in your profile...I uploaded it to imageshack instead of direct linking...

Code:
[b][i][color=orange]Amelia Jane[/b][/i][/color]
[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1431/sigs1668ok.gif[/img]

Amelia Jane

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jun 2006, 5:04 pm

Brilliant! Thanks :D

Ah... just previewed it... still won't work :cry:
Hmm..... that doesn't make sense!

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 8:05 pm

Sorry Amelia ...I tried :cry: ...sig box says use html but I think it's turned off, nothing worked when I tried that ...bb code works in the message body...but I guess it won't work in the sig area.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2006, 1:29 am

So you can see the flower but it does not wave ? Ok if you are using seamonkey/mozilla you have loop gifs off that why it does not loop. I turned loops on it loops. Off it does not move. Sorry but in my opinon looping gifs are very annoying and have them off. Beenthere what you did does work i see a moving flower. Amelia Jane i see the code not the flower on your post. So pm AJ exactly that and it sould work.

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2006, 3:47 am

Oh well, it's obviously not to be. Thanks for your help anyway...

Actually it hadn't occured to me that a moving gif would be irritating, but now you mention it I see what you mean! So I'll scrap the idea... if I can ever get it to work I'll use a static one.

Thanks again... :D

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 3:50 pm

One of the best sites to goto for html is Maricopa.edu

Just goto google and type: Maricopa

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 8:59 am

Signatures don't support HTML or BBcode. There's an option to enable HTML in signatures in the profile settings, but it doesn't actually have an effect.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2006, 11:46 pm

...thought that might be the case...I set all the html options to "on" and played with the sig... but when you go to post if you look on the left html is set as "off" regardless...I thought it was probably turned off for security or loading issues...

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2006, 5:23 am

hiya, how about having a look into the MySQL, i havent played with phpbb for a while but there use to a whole load of binary configaration fields, i have found before that there is a master HTML allow / diallow, and this was only able to be changed by directly editing the database.

I hope this helps..

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jun 2006, 2:55 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Signatures don't support HTML or BBcode. There's an option to enable HTML in signatures in the profile settings, but it doesn't actually have an effect.

But Beenthere got it to work in her sig... that's what I don't get. Very odd! :?

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2006, 10:12 pm

Nope...I posted the code in my quick reply to you...thinking if it would work/show up in the message body/reply...it would work in the sig box in your profile section without a problem...but it doesn't work in the sig box.

AmeliaJane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2006, 2:45 am

Oh, like this?

Amelia Jane

Yay!
Thanks everyone... I probably won't even bother using it but there was no way I was going to let it win!