Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 9:24 am

Has anyone tried it?

I've recently begun bright light therapy, I started with 30mins in the morning but decreased it to 25. I get depressed nearly every winter so this year I decided to try it. So far it seems to be working, I feel much less depressed than I normally do, which could also be related to the reduced stress involved with school because I'm staying more on task and doing better. I did get very depressed a few days ago and thought it might be the start of a depression, that was after a few days without therapy, but it hasn't come back.

I have been very low on motivation to do certain things, like exercise, but my motivation has increased and I'm finally getting around to joining a swimming club at my university. My morning schedule should go something like this: M-W-F Wake up, prepare smoothie breakfast, go to swimming, go to class, Tu-Th Wake up, smoothie, go to gym (rowing). I'm hoping the exercise will help my motivation in school and my focus. I've had a very difficult time concentrating this year, it's the first year since 2006/2007 that I'm not using stimulant medication and I think I'm having an ADHD rebound from the lack of drugs, and I'm hopeful that the light therapy and exercise will help that.

Jaz1787
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2010, 7:36 pm

bright light hurts my eyes and gives me headaches and aura migraine - if im in bright light im seriously shaded :lol:

goodluck! sounds interesting :)

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 9:50 am

I have used a bright lamp for about 5 years. It has served me well and does indeed make me feel more motivated in the winter. It worked great for the first 4 years but then last winter it seemed to just make me agitated and anxious. I am sensitive to light so its important to ensure the right amount of time is spent in front of the light.