Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 11:20 pm

i set up an aspie affection a few weeks back well i got a message and now im nervouse he replyed saying it would be cool to hang out with another aspie. i replied back about maybe we should get to know eachother online first he replied okj but now im nervouse about getting to know him im not sure i want to i just dont know what to do maybe i m thinking that if i get to know him id eventually have to meet him and im to afraid to do that i just dont know what to do i need advice

willa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 12:18 am

Don't over-analyze. It's the biggest problem I see around here.

People start to worry so much about the what-ifs that what happens is in the end they produce what they fear. You wonder about what could go wrong so much that you make it happen.

I see and have seen so many people talk about a sour relationship and what they feared would go wrong go wrong and I just feel nothing but pity for them cause it's so obvious that what happened was a product of their fear, not a result of a relationship.

So, in a nutshell, stop caring so much =P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 7:21 am

i think it is a really good idea to get to know him online first. you have a very good instinct there. i think it's a reasonably cautious to not let him pressure you to meet in person until you are ready. there are real, actual dangers for a woman (which can happen to a man, but the chances are much smaller). plus, just for your own personal comfort level you may want to get acquainted online first.

and if you eventually decide to meet up and are still really nervous, you can each bring along a friend for a double-date or you can each try to assemble a few people for a group activity. or you can meet and have a date in a public place and leave separately.

this is all presuming that you live close to each other.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 11:21 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i think it is a really good idea to get to know him online first. you have a very good instinct there. i think it's a reasonably cautious to not let him pressure you to meet in person until you are ready. there are real, actual dangers for a woman (which can happen to a man, but the chances are much smaller). plus, just for your own personal comfort level you may want to get acquainted online first.

and if you eventually decide to meet up and are still really nervous, you can each bring along a friend for a double-date or you can each try to assemble a few people for a group activity. or you can meet and have a date in a public place and leave separately.

thats another thing we live about 200 miles away so to meet him even halfway inbetween would be way out of my familiarity zone

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 12:28 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

thats another thing we live about 200 miles away so to meet him even halfway inbetween would be way out of my familiarity zone

well, that will probably take off some of the pressure, because it would be difficult for you to meet.