Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 8:20 am

Yes. It is not heavily detailed and I am flexible about it. I also keep a note book handy for ideas that pop into my head. If I don't write them down, I know I will forget them.

Last year I had an idea for making a perpetual motion machine and I neglected to write it down. I was never able to retrieve it. I was so upset I listened to Richard Harris' version of -MacArthur Park- every day for a year. Someone left that cake out in the rain, and I'll never have that recipe again ... Oh noooo!

ruveyn

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 10:07 am

ruveyn wrote:
Yes. It is not heavily detailed and I am flexible about it. I also keep a note book handy for ideas that pop into my head. If I don't write them down, I know I will forget them.
ruveyn

I jot ideas down as well, but the notebooks get lost under all my other papers and bits of junk. When I have a clearout, I usually find lots of half-developed ideas that I'd forgotten all about.

I thought written-down ideas were different from "to-do" lists, but perhaps not......most of the ideas I have imply some future action on my part. Notably I've written one or two road maps for getting out of depression (or whatever my bad moods are properly called), but when I need them, I always forget that they're around.

I keep a piece of A4 paper, folded into 4, in my pocket. On that I write reminders etc. It often works well, particularly for Web work which I mostly do outside the home. It only works if I keep the number of items quite small. When the paper is full, I transfer anything still relevent onto a new sheet. Unfortunately I've got a lot of old sheets that I haven't done that with.....hopefully I'll go through them when I'm in the right mood.