does anyone else have a VERY active imagination?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2010, 6:14 am

EB wrote:
Bunneth wrote:
I also love making up characters and entire worlds in my head which are extremely detailed. I call them the movies in my head, which I spend far more time than I should watching. quite often they have very complex story lines. I'd love to write them down but whenever I do all the thoughts get jumbled and just stream away from me. It's very annoying.

I'm a lot like that too. I have a few worlds in my head but try and write them down and they fall apart. It think it's because the 'movies' in my head go faster than my writing (and typing) which ends up with the story way ahead of what I'd trying to write. I don't know about yours but for a long time mine didn't have a 'rewind' button and the one they have now is limited in its function.

I've made a world or two mostly from just my head but I find it easier to use characters I like be they from books, TV or movies. I got into role playing close to two years ago now (text based via computer) so now I have an outlet for my worlds I make. My parents don't approve though.

Yeah, I tend not to rewind either except over very short scenarios. I totally agree with you about the thoughts going faster than I can write them down as well.

It's great that you've found an outlet via role playing, sorry to hear your parents aren't so happy about it.