Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm

Intern Reports Abuse at Special Ed School & Discredited Due To Aspergers

http://www.aspieweb.net/intern-reports- ... aspergers/

motleyprism is also apparently being reviewed by Towson University who believes that Aspergers should disqualify her for a teaching position as it would affect her ability to teach.

Pre-diagnosis, I reported physical abuse in a classroom of kids who were nonverbal. I was let go because I was a contract employee. I found out later that nothing was ever done, but a district employee finally reported it and the abuser was fired. All the people I reported the abuse to and allowed it to continue were not fired and are still working with vulnerable children (but they are NTs).

If I had a known diagnosis, I could be unemployable about now.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 11:52 pm

The principal in that article is a bigoted, arrogant, #$^@! only interested in covering his own butt. :evil:

This just convinces me more and more that the educational system as it stands now constitutes human rights abuse.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

26 Nov 2010, 12:09 am

be careful, my mother was a disabilities advocate, and is now being group stalked because of her advocacy for kids that were really done wrong by the school system. There is a system in this country and some others as well that those who speak out against the system whether it is schools, government, corprate buisnesses, and military. Well there is a list they put people on to be stalked by a large number of people. It sounds crazy, but they run schools like the mafia...if you dont go along to get along. You can be targeted for stalking. There are fusion centers that each state has that run these activities. ACLU has been speaking out against these centers, so you know that it is not a hoax. Well I can give you the kink to ACLU article if you want it...anyway. I am not trying to further scare you witless, but if my mom was warned about this, she would not have been in this situation.
I think you should be ok, but keep a low profile. The best way to handle this abuse situation is whatever you do, do it quietly and dont let anyone know what youv'e done.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2010, 12:42 am

jojobean wrote:
I can give you the kink to ACLU article if you want it...anyway. I am not trying to further scare you witless, but if my mom was warned about this, she would not have been in this situation.

Please do share your link, Jojobean...

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

26 Nov 2010, 1:34 am

http://www.aclu.org/pdfs/privacy/fusion ... 080729.pdf

http://www.aclu.org/technology-and-libe ... ve-summary

http://www.aclu.org/2009/04/24/wiretapp ... e-foretold

http://gangstalkingworld.com/
This is a good site about organized stalking

I can tell you about my experiences with dealing with organized stalking, but I rather just warn you to be careful and let you keep your innocence.
All you need to do to keep safe is not buck the system. I personally think if at all possible that kids need to be homeschooled.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 12:03 pm

jojobean wrote:
All you need to do to keep safe is not buck the system.

I do feel sympathy for any individual who is scared and thinks this way; I've been there myself. And I cannot say that anyone else is wrong for taking this attitude. It is your life, and yours the decision what risks you are and are not willing to take. But I do have to point out one thing: this is exactly what people said in Nazi Germany, which helped the Nazis gain and maintain their power. No, we aren't there yet, and I'm not trying to claim that we are. But it is absurd to expect any sane person to wait until things get that bad before they start trying to turn them around. If you don't stop things before they get totally out of hand, they will, sooner or later, get out of hand. And then, it will either be too late, or stopping them will come at a terrible cost.

===================
In the country of the blind, the one eyed man - would be diagnosed with a psychological disorder

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2010, 7:45 pm

theWanderer wrote:
jojobean wrote:

I do feel sympathy for any individual who is scared and thinks this way; I've been there myself. And I cannot say that anyone else is wrong for taking this attitude. It is your life, and yours the decision what risks you are and are not willing to take. But I do have to point out one thing: this is exactly what people said in Nazi Germany, which helped the Nazis gain and maintain their power. No, we aren't there yet, and I'm not trying to claim that we are. But it is absurd to expect any sane person to wait until things get that bad before they start trying to turn them around. If you don't stop things before they get totally out of hand, they will, sooner or later, get out of hand. And then, it will either be too late, or stopping them will come at a terrible cost.

Thank you for saying this, but I am not one to know how to buck the system; sucessfully that is.

Do you have any ideas? It seems that the more we show solidarity, the more power we have....? We are not a group known for our solidarity though.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 10:30 pm

Awiddershinlife wrote:
Thank you for saying this, but I am not one to know how to buck the system; sucessfully that is.

Do you have any ideas? It seems that the more we show solidarity, the more power we have....? We are not a group known for our solidarity though.

Solidarity is good. The more of us who will stand up and protest whenever any of us is wrongly attacked, the better. The trick is to only protest when there is clear injustice, so we don't harm our own cause. And publicity is good. The more people know what is going on, the harder it is for anyone to do anything too objectionable. Of course, that only works once people are convinced we are human beings, with rights just like them. I'm a writer, so my natural tendency is to write about these things; for those who are into music, or video, or art, you'd use those mediums instead.

Still, I can't honestly tell you that people who buck the system nearly always get away with it without getting hurt. That's why it has to be an individual decision. I can and will point out what's at stake, but even if I had the ability to (which I don't, obviously) tell anyone else what to do, I wouldn't feel I had the right to. That's an individual decision.

===================

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2010, 11:45 pm

I don't blame you. I would also be scared about that.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:19 am

jojobean wrote:

Unfortunately that's easier said than done. Especially if your ethics tell you that it's wrong to stand by while evil is happening. Which is probably why I've accrued my share of stalkers myself. :roll:

A friend of mine who also has a habit of standing up against abuse and cruelty, said the following at some point: That she knows that the kind of person she is, that speaks out against things like that, is a person who is going to always have a certain amount of risk in their life. Because it's dangerous to be that person who speaks out. And yet, what she's needed to learn, is not to avoid taking the risks, but rather, how to anticipate and manage the risks so that she is as safe as possible, rather than being blindsided by the danger when it hits her. (She once uncovered a genuine terrorist organization exploiting students on her campus and had people out to kill her. So she knows about risks.)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:44 am

Awiddershinlife wrote:
theWanderer wrote:
jojobean wrote:

To sucessfuly buck the system, you need to know people in high places and have the "right" connections, but due to our social problems...that would be hard to come by unless you have a family member with some clout.

I understand Nazi Germany got rolling like this...I know all to well, but you have to have the right resources to buck the system, or it will be like a semi running over an ant. I dont blame the citizens of Nazi Germany for what happened. They really had no choice, if they did not go along...they would suffer the fate of the jews and often saw them do horrible things to their families and loved ones in front of them. If you knew the right people who could faithfully get done what needed to be done, quietly and had the clout to back it up, then I would say go for it, but the constitution is practically voided as a result of this stalking program. If I named the number of constitustional rights that have been violated in how we have been treated...it would be astounding, yet no matter who I contact to help us, no one wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

The best thing you can do for that child that was abused is to talk to the mother and tell them that their only safe recourse is to homeschool their child.

theWanderer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:41 pm

jojobean wrote:
To sucessfuly buck the system, you need to know people in high places and have the "right" connections, but due to our social problems...that would be hard to come by unless you have a family member with some clout.

I understand Nazi Germany got rolling like this...I know all to well, but you have to have the right resources to buck the system, or it will be like a semi running over an ant. I dont blame the citizens of Nazi Germany for what happened. They really had no choice, if they did not go along...they would suffer the fate of the jews and often saw them do horrible things to their families and loved ones in front of them. If you knew the right people who could faithfully get done what needed to be done, quietly and had the clout to back it up, then I would say go for it, but the constitution is practically voided as a result of this stalking program. If I named the number of constitustional rights that have been violated in how we have been treated...it would be astounding, yet no matter who I contact to help us, no one wants to touch it with a ten foot pole.

The best thing you can do for that child that was abused is to talk to the mother and tell them that their only safe recourse is to homeschool their child.

Just to be clear, I don't blame all the citizens of Nazi Germany for what happened. Some of them were powerless. Others did what they could. In any situation, people are individuals, and what they're capable of as well as their situation will vary as well. I would only blame those who either took an active part in supporting the Nazi Party (I am not talking about those who only did what they felt they had to in order to avoid being singled out; I mean the early supporters and the ardent ones who did more than they needed to) or those who could have acted to stop it and didn't.

But, without blaming anyone, I have to say that, personally, if I had lived in that time and place, I would be very unhappy with myself if I hadn't spoken out. Yes, it's a risky attitude. I am not sure I'd have the courage to act as I wish I would in such a situation. Personally, whatever I might do, I'd at least prefer to understand the choices I was making. And, by the way, although I'm horrified at what you say she's suffered, and wish that were not so, simply for making the effort your mother has my respect. :)

I'm not arguing with your choices at all. Getting caught up in the gears of society and ground up by them is a terrible thing. And I'm under no illusions about the government I live under. Sure, I'd rather live here than in North Korea - but if you know much about North Korea, you understand that is saying very little. And in many ways, the illusion of freedom that we have makes the situation even more dangerous. I suspect one of the factors keeping anyone in a position to act from halting this stalking program is the fiction that its victims are all bent on harming us. Just like enough people believed that the Communists burned the Reichstag that they let the Nazis grab emergency powers, thinking it was really necessary. The times I live in scare the hell out of me. 8O

As far as homeschooling, yes, that is the only choice you can make which is reasonably sure to protect your kids from abuse, bullying, and so on. On the other hand, if you hope they will learn enough to go out into the world, they will face those things there. So is it better to let them learn how to deal with them early, or to shield them for a time? That's not an easy question to answer, and I'm sure the 'right' answer varies with each kid.

===================

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 12:44 pm

I smell a lawsuit in the works.

FunnyFaceKing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 9:47 pm

Someone on that youtube channel has created an account called "crazyallegation" for the sole purpose of intimidating motleyprism. If you have a YouTube account, please go there and report crazyallegation.

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Nov 2010, 10:36 pm

FunnyFaceKing wrote:
Someone on that youtube channel has created an account called "crazyallegation" for the sole purpose of intimidating motleyprism. If you have a YouTube account, please go there and report crazyallegation.

Could you give a link for "crazyallegation" account; I cant find it....

FunnyFaceKing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Nov 2010, 11:29 pm

It's still there:
http://www.youtube.com/crazyallegation