Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

azurecrayon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 3:48 pm

we have always tried to extend the magic as long as possible. i LOVE christmas, and keeping the magic for the kids has always been important. for our oldest, that lasted until he was about 11, literally (he is a very naive child). for our middle son, he started questioning it last year but is still in the "maybe-maybe not, but i'll be good just in case" phase.

we thought our asd youngest, at 4, was still firmly entrenched in santa lore. until two days ago at walmart, when my SO and i were talking about santa and christmas and our son suddenly piped in with "santa's not real." we were very surprised! of course, upon further questioning, he still says santa brings presents at christmas, so he hasnt fully worked out all the details yet =P but hes not upset or anything with the idea that santa isnt real, he seems to accept it just as he accepts any other facts about the world. he knows cartoons arent real either, but they are still fun to watch.

K - 6 yrs med/school dx classic autism
C - 8 yrs NT
N - 15 yrs school dx AS

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:07 pm

You should never attempt to claim that Santa is real. It's wrong.

NOT A DOCTOR

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 10:35 pm

My son is 5, and so far he doesn't really seem to care that much about Santa. He doesn't care about toys, so he really doesn't think about Santa much LOL! So, I do get a few things for him and I tell him "Look what Santa brought", but I am not sure how long we will keep it up because he just doesn't care. Hey, from a financial standpoint, you can't beat it!! !