Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

I haven't managed to find anything past July of this year about it... did the bill get through the state senate? Someone, please update me...!

Or do we need to start the attack ads?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 10:39 am

I wish I knew. Maybe the school of Dr Mengele (read Matthew Israel) is finally getting a bad reputation. The JRC seems to have a lot of support from some parents though, I highly doubt they would waiver that support.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:10 am

But that still wouldn't explain why I haven't managed to find anything out about it from later than July/August...

Hmmm. I've run an advanced Google search, to find pages from within the past month - on the first page, I've managed to find this. That's the latest I've found; everything else is from July... I don't know if the bill passed the state congress.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 4:56 pm

Magneto wrote:
But that still wouldn't explain why I haven't managed to find anything out about it from later than July/August...

Hmmm. I've run an advanced Google search, to find pages from within the past month - on the first page, I've managed to find this. That's the latest I've found; everything else is from July... I don't know if the bill passed the state congress.

Hmm, that's odd. Tomorrow I'll probable do a search myself and if I get the same results, I'll post a thread about it on the Aspies for Freedom forum and see what they say.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 2:09 pm

The JRC's website hasn't even been updated since July either. Their last update was the addition of a letter to the UN, in the form of a PDF file, from parents who supported the JRC regarding the appeal of MDCI (Mental Disability Rights International) to the UN regarding the JRC. The UN seems to of actually called the electro-shock aversive used by the JRC torture according to a Nightline story on 30 June. If the JRC was actually shut down, it's odd that nobody seems to of heard about it.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

It's unlikely to have been shut down, as good as that would be - we would have heard something about it. I also doubt that their lawyers have managed to force everything to become quiet... odd indeed.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 2:59 pm

Magneto wrote:
It's unlikely to have been shut down, as good as that would be - we would have heard something about it. I also doubt that their lawyers have managed to force everything to become quiet... odd indeed.

It hasn't been shut down. I guy on the AFF forum phoned their number and found that they're still pretty much in business:

http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/showthread.php?tid=21179&pid=394496#pid394496

I still find it strange that have been no news stories on the JRC since July though. The last poster on the thread I started there has also mentioned that the DOJ is starting an investigation of them but there seems to be very little information on that as well.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

Hmmm, no result for "judge rotenberg center" on Google News, either...

Perhaps they're trying to avoid drawing attention, whilest their lawyers attempt to quash any dissent? Throwing out ideas here; the silence is kinda worrying...

Adventus
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2010, 3:26 pm

They are hiring right now. Alexandria Virginia has pulled all of the children they had placed there and moved them to different facilities.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 3:33 pm

Adventus wrote:
They are hiring right now. Alexandria Virginia has pulled all of the children they had placed there and moved them to different facilities.

Well, at least one state has taken action.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 4:35 am

I would so like to be able to read the court transcript for Matthew Israel's court appearance,

When Polanski pleaded guilty the event was documented (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/roman ... transcript and http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ripts.html)

I think that we should be able to read a transcript of similar level of detail so that we can follow the case.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 7:58 am

what is the jrc

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 10:31 am

israel was forced to resign thats good news.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

Quote:
what is the jrc

Judge Rotenberg Center. An inpatient facility for kids with severe behavior problems, which uses electric shocks, depriving kids of food, and other draconian punishments to train kids out of anything they deem to be inappropriate behavior.