Hardest game you ever played/easiest game you ever played?

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 3:04 pm

Some of the hardest games I ever played are "Ninja Gaiden" & "System Shock". And some the easiest games from the sixth generation of gaming onward were "Crazy Taxi", "WWE Crush Hour" & "Soul Calibur II" amongst many others.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 3:38 pm

Hardest: The Lion King for SNES
Easiest: Yoshi's Story for N64

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 4:34 pm

FalconPunch39 wrote:
the sixth generation of gaming

Console gaming.

Lemme think; well, there's plenty of games that have been stupidly hard; it's easy to make something arbitrarily difficult. What's been stupidly hard and still playable, though? Hmm...

Exile was pretty damn difficult (and very advanced for its time). You have to explore a very large cave system inhabited by killer robots and a psychopath who's stolen the only means of escape. Lots of what nowadays would be called physics-based puzzles. Even cheating it was stunningly difficult to get anywhere.

The year is still young.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 4:59 pm

The hardest game I've personally played (That I was able to beat) was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I understand it is a polished version of NG2 which being more broken would be harder. I've heard Devil May Cry 3 (Original version) was the hardest game (While still possible to beat with skill) made though.

Edit: To clarify, I'm talking about these games on the hardest difficulties. I'm sure the average person could work to beat NGS2 on Acolyte. I've beaten Mentor, but couldn't survive much of Master Ninja (After Master Ninja there is Master Ninja while being ranked for Karma as well, but you have to beat MN to unlock that). When I mention DMC3 (Original version) I am saying I've heard it's the hardest while playing Dante Must Die mode and achieving S ranks... I think there might be SS ranks, I'm not sure since i'm going off what I've heard (getting high ranks unlocks things so it isn't pointless challenge). The hardest difficulties in these games are whole different experiences than playing the game on easy. For example the step up from Mentor to Master Ninja isn't just a notch higher... it's 10 times harder. So like in older games where you died in a few to one hit... yeah that's master ninja in a nut shell not to mention just like an old game, checkpoints are few and levels are long.

The easiest game I've played. I dunno there are lots. Pretty much most new games put out today would be considered easy. It's sad, but games have become drastically easier in the newer era of gaming which is today :(

Last edited by Lace-Bane on 05 Dec 2010, 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 6:18 pm

Myst. Myst is the...easiest game I've ever played. All you do is flip all the switches on, then flip the first one off and grab the white page, and bring it to the library, and you win :twisted:

The hardest game I've ever played...idk. Some games I've rented were very hard because the camera angles made it next to impossible NOT to die :P

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2010, 7:44 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
I've heard Devil May Cry 3 (Original version) was the hardest game (While still possible to beat with skill) made though.

I've heard more people say that Battletoads for the NES is the most difficult.

Also: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 11:56 am

The hardest game I've ever played is probably Devil May Cry 3.

The easiest (and probably worst) I've ever played is the new Prince of Persia. It's actually impossible to die or fail at anything, and has about two puzzles and almost no combat. The vast majority of the game is spent running into glowing spheres. Imagine an Assassin's Creed game where the only thing you could do was collect the flags, and they're all in plain sight. That's what it's like. And the two characters have almost no development or backstory and are very annoying. The Princess is stereotypically lawful good and the Prince tries to be Han Solo, so most of the dialogue is just arguing, with a few bad attempts at establishing back stories for them.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 12:52 pm

Hardest game I've ever played? Idunno...most of them are arcade games, which are designed to be impossibly hard just to get more quarters out of you.

I think probably the most recent, frustratingly, unfairly difficult, non-arcade games I've played were the two Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan games for Nintendo DS. I did eventually beat the first game, but there are way too many parts in those games where you'll miss a couple of beats, and then you can hit every single beat after that and STILL fail the song :x That stupid meter just keeps going down, and you can't make up enough points to get it back up again.

I especially hated when I'd be on a roll, and I'd be so close to the end, and then I'd get nervous and I'd screw up real bad when it got difficult again.

And then you have to do the whole song over again :x

FalconPunch39 wrote:
And some the easiest games from the sixth generation of gaming onward were "Crazy Taxi"...

Really?

Maybe I just suck, but I practiced the CRAP out of that game and ONE TIME I just barely made it into the top 20 (or was it top 25? 30?).

HenryKrinkle wrote:
I've heard more people say that Battletoads for the NES is the most difficult.

It's up there, along with a lot of Capcom games, like Ghosts n Goblins :x

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 4:07 pm

The hardest games I've played to completion would have to be Super Mario Bros 2, Jagged Alliance 2 and Demon's Souls.

The easiest games I've played considerably would include all sorts of sandbox games with no end, such as anything from the Sim series or Harvest Moon.

However there are other harder and easier games I can think of that I haven't played as much, due to their difficulty or lack of it. The ones I've listed are ones I think are good games despite their difficulty level. Prince of Persia (the cel shaded reboot) for example was ridiculously easy, and a really dull game because of it). Myst was ridiculously difficult (as well as an incredible bore of a game) and suffered because of its obtuse puzzle logic.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 8:12 pm

The Hardest: I Wanna Be The Guy. I love the game but still haven't beat it.

The Easiest: Cut The Rope. very self explanatory.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 12:29 am

Hardest game?...

Hardest game that I have beat is probably Ninja Gaiden. Only managed it once... and that was it.

Other hard games that I have played seriously and not beaten; Actraiser 2, Metal Morph, Ghouls n Ghosts, Contra(they're all hard)

Super Robot Wars 3 and 4 can be pretty hard.

Easiest Game? ...

I'm not sure really. Fallout 3 vanilla was rather easy.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 1:33 am

Hardest games I've played through might be Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man X Collection.

"Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity" is probably the easiest game I've got through in recent times.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2010, 4:34 am

hmmm, hardest is probably level 10 difficulty on Titan Chess.

Easiest is probably Kirby's Adventure for the NES.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 1:50 pm

Zara wrote:
Hardest game that I have beat is probably Ninja Gaiden. Only managed it once... and that was it.

I finally found a copy of the original NES game and played it...took me forever but I finally got to the final level...tried it for about an hour, then I just gave up, turned it off, and haven't played it since :oops:

Darkword wrote:
Easiest is probably Kirby's Adventure for the NES.

The N64 Kirby game is a hundred times easier :cry: I was bored stiff.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

I found Lord of The Rings on Xbox hard for me. I find racing games easiest, nothing in particular.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Dec 2010, 1:27 pm

I found God of War surprisingly hard even on the easiest mode.