Hardest game you ever played/easiest game you ever played?

Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:08 am

shaun1e wrote:
SabbraCadabra, read the post again. I said the hardest I've PLAYED. I haven't played Sunshine yet...

I know, I just felt like adding to the discussion :wink: Sunshine frustrates the heck out of me...especially the mini levels where they take the water pack away from you and give you tons of tricky jumps to get through :x

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 3:18 pm

Hardest: Unininvited (I was 6 and scared s***less). It's probably not that hard, but it literally gave me nightmares. I remember nothing in it made any logical sense, though. Eye of the Beholder seemed really difficult as a small child, as well. The first two Prince of Persia games were fiendish, as well. You get very used to seeing your sprite impaled on spikes. I Wanna Be the Guy actually manages to be harder than the old-school games it's a pastiche of.

Easiest: Sim City 4, Broken Sword 2, Time Hollow and Ace Attorney: Investigations.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 8:53 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Hardest: Unininvited (I was 6 and scared s***less). It's probably not that hard, but it literally gave me nightmares. I remember nothing in it made any logical sense, though.

Yeah, that game always scared the crap out of me when I was little, too :x It was even worse on the Macintosh, because it would be completely silent for so long, and then that skull would come out of nowhere and shout "I'VE GOT YOU!!"

It's not that hard. Most of the puzzles make sense eventually, but I did end up having to check a walkthrough once or twice when I got older (since they obviously weren't available back then).

puddingmouse wrote:
The first two Prince of Persia games were fiendish, as well. You get very used to seeing your sprite impaled on spikes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those ones :x I tried playing Prince of Persia honestly, but I gave up soon afterward, switched to an emulated SNES version, and abused the save states. I am definitely not patient enough for that game.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 8:56 am

For me, the HARDEST is a tie between Halo 3 (legendary difficulty) and Alone in the Dark. Halo 3 has the problem of no manual saves. You gotta reach a key point for a save to happen. Very annoying in some places. Alone in the Dark had a difficult control factor, but in time I managed to find the trick to get past some points and finally finish the game.

EASIEST? Not sure. So many games could fit that description for various factors.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2010, 3:49 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
Hardest: Unininvited (I was 6 and scared s***less). It's probably not that hard, but it literally gave me nightmares. I remember nothing in it made any logical sense, though.

Yeah, that game always scared the crap out of me when I was little, too :x It was even worse on the Macintosh, because it would be completely silent for so long, and then that skull would come out of nowhere and shout "I'VE GOT YOU!!"

It's not that hard. Most of the puzzles make sense eventually, but I did end up having to check a walkthrough once or twice when I got older (since they obviously weren't available back then).

puddingmouse wrote:
The first two Prince of Persia games were fiendish, as well. You get very used to seeing your sprite impaled on spikes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those ones :x I tried playing Prince of Persia honestly, but I gave up soon afterward, switched to an emulated SNES version, and abused the save states. I am definitely not patient enough for that game.

I played Uninvited on my dad's Amiga. Ditto for Prince of Persia. I rescued the Amiga about three years ago, and booted those games up. I was a bit better at Uninvited, but, if anything, Prince of Persia frustrated me even more when I was 21 than when I was 6 :x

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 11:09 am

I don't know the easiest I ever played... probably Aladdin for the SNES because I beat it within an hour first run... but the Hardest? Megaman Zero 4, it was hard AND it was unenjoyable. The other Megaman games are hard, but they are enjoyable, this one, ugh, it just wasn't... I hated how I had to constantly look on gamefaqs to look at the weapons/armor recipes, it was just... I don't like a game where you have to look up stuff all the time.

The final boss in Dragon Quest IV was really, really hard because he had like, a gazillion different forms and he just WOULDN'T DIE!! ! I would almost always run out of magic and yeah... hated it... I don't know if I decided to play with an all-girls team of a female hero, Maya, Meena, and Alena or what... Maybe I should have used Ragnar or something... Alena was really good with her falcon-knife earrings and high-critical hit ratio, but... yeah...

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2010, 4:36 pm

Dragon Quest IV wasn't really that hard for me.

Hardest - Ghosts and Goblins (NES)
Easiest - Super Smash Bros (all of them)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2010, 9:54 am

I still need to finish DW4. I was playing it for a while and then I got distracted.

And now I have DQ9 to take up my time :oops: Though we beat it on multiplayer already (33 hours IIRC) and it seemed pretty short =/ Seems like they tried to pad it out with tons of side-quests and random dungeons and stuff.

OutlawSteph
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2011, 12:09 pm

shaun1e wrote:
Ahh, now this could be fun.

My hardest ever game played so far would have to be Super Mario Galaxy. Some levels-like all those in Good Egg Galaxy-are quite easy. But get past the first few galaxies, and it actually becomes a very tricky game. I'm currently stuck on Major Burrows on that, actually, in the Gusty Garden Galaxy-any tips? :P

Major Burrows is evil. :twisted: I've never taken him down. I actually throught SMG2 is a lot easier than the first but I love both. Althrough neither compares to the SMB 3 or Super Mario World in difficulty IMHO.

The hardest game I've got now is Hipotaga Hapa from PSN. It's part of the Gundemonium series.. third person "bullet hell" shooters. I can't get past World 0.

I remember playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES and beating the game back in the day. It took a LOT of time and lost lives. The infamous water levels deserve their reputation.

Sextus70
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2011, 4:24 pm

Without doubt the hardest game that I 've ever completed is Ninja Gaiden for NES. God, the level 6 was hell and Jacquio a big son of &%$3

Other hard games that I've played but no passed are the contra games, I only played the 1st, the 3th and Hard Corps and all were extremely difficult. The battletoads of SNES was very hard too.

The easiest games that I've ever played are the Fable 2 and 3, they are just too easy because you CAN'T DIE (only loss experience if you are knocked down), and because that you always win. Maximo Army of Zin was too easy too, I completed the game in less of 4 or 5 days, and I only died 2 or 3 times.

Last edited by Sextus70 on 07 Jan 2011, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 4:24 am

HenryKrinkle wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
I've heard Devil May Cry 3 (Original version) was the hardest game (While still possible to beat with skill) made though.

I've heard more people say that Battletoads for the NES is the most difficult.

Also: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NintendoHard

Battletoads could've easily been the greatest game of it's time... funny shapeshifting combat moves, crazy violent animals, a moderate level of challenge... then it's time for a racing stage, which is COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE! It's sad for something as stupid as that to kill a potentially perfect game.

I've tried to get the Battletoads arcade game (which looks fun, over the top, with huge bosses to beat the crap out of, and it seems to be devoid of any auto racing asshattery) to work on MAME, but it never works. >_<

Last edited by Xeno on 07 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

OutlawSteph wrote:
I remember playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES and beating the game back in the day. It took a LOT of time and lost lives. The infamous water levels deserve their reputation.

I became a pro at those water levels, I didn't think they were so bad.

What always killed me was the city level afterwards :x

And then I later ended up playing through the game on an emulator...got to the Technodrome and I was like "Okay, how the heck do they expect me to do this without cheating???" :roll:

R_odin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2011, 7:25 pm

QWOP

qwop

Crimsonfield
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2011, 12:00 pm

OutlawSteph wrote:

First thing that came in mind when I read the thread title was this f*****g, frustrating, rage-inducing game. That and Battletoads. Today's games are piss easy compared to early games on the NES.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2011, 11:13 pm

The hardest game that I've ever played (but never beaten) would be Ninja Gaiden. I couldn't get past the 2nd boss (the evil horseman guy on that bridge), as I couldn't figure out how to get past him without using up all my health potions.

The easiest would be just about all of the Star wars games. I could beat them all on Sith Master/Jedi Master difficulty without batting an eyelash. 8)

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:24 am

Hardest-Lost Planet 2
Easiest-FableIII