Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

phoenixjsu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 4:23 am

donkey wrote:
xuincherguixe, i cant stand your long hair and your unpronouncable name.......i want to take you on.

i will follow and find you and we will have a knife fight in a mcdonalds car park..you name the hemisphere, i'll name the country.

lmao

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2006, 5:38 am

wowo, i was under the impression EVRYONE hated me. but in fact it might only be one person. wow!

as for being new to the boards, if you plugbalong and respond asmuch as you can you will be fine.

It tooke me years of activity online to write as much as i do on forums now.

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 7:12 am

A few of mine haven't either.

But then again, how do you respond to nonsense like "Hail Squiggy!".

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Squiggy?
Is it that guy the used to be on Laverne & Shirley as in Lenny & Squiggy?

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 7:27 am

bizarre wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but who's Squiggy?
Is it that guy the used to be on Laverne & Shirley as in Lenny & Squiggy?

You demonstrate exactly why this is something one can't respond to.

Because no one other then me even knows what Squiggy is! The short version of it is that he's a very silly evil god that probably eats people, and doesn't exist.

It wasn't my idea originally, but I took it to bizare (and obvious) places.

Pretty much he's the center peice to a farce religion.

And donkey, I ment I wanted forum nemisi (what is the plural of Nemesis?). Actually getting into a real fight would be crazy.

Oh I don't mean because I'm tough or anything. I'm just a really cheap psychotic freak. I'm serious, I've dropped rocks from Orbit on numerous cars owned by members of the UN. What kind of nut case builds devices to drop rocks from orbit with pin point accuracy (a brilliant one obviously, but also a crazy one. Also obviously)

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

18 Jun 2006, 7:54 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
I ment I wanted forum nemisi (what is the plural of Nemesis?).

It's nemeses, I think. [/pedant]

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 9:32 am

well dude if i can tbe your mcdonalds car park knife fight pal or your nemesis, then can i be your geeky aspie pal?

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 10:27 am

Post alot of ignorant things about topics and act like you know what you're talking about, then people who are real experts will get rilled up and there you have it, a post!

Seriously I've had that kind of problem alot on Forums, I mean the whole idea is to talk, even if you look stupid you should just say something, anything, and if you mess up, it doesn't matter because this is just a website and there are millions more out there (Advice not to be taken by annoying ars**oles).

I also tend to read alot of posts I don't intend to reply to, don't know why, but yeah, I agree with the pro NT sentiments considering I have alot of NT friends.

And lastly, if anyone's interested in talking even if we don't share the same interests, that's fine by me as long as you don't hold any grudges against a particular group of people we should get along fine. :twisted:

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 10:28 am

Post alot of ignorant things about topics and act like you know what you're talking about, then people who are real experts will get rilled up and there you have it, a post!

Seriously I've had that kind of problem alot on Forums, I mean the whole idea is to talk, even if you look stupid you should just say something, anything, and if you mess up, it doesn't matter because this is just a website and there are millions more out there (Advice not to be taken by annoying ars**oles).

I also tend to read alot of posts I don't intend to reply to, don't know why, but yeah, I agree with the pro NT sentiments considering I have alot of NT friends.

And lastly, if anyone's interested in talking even if we don't share the same interests, that's fine by me as long as you don't hold any grudges against a particular group of people we should get along fine. :twisted:

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 1:39 am

stuckinthedesert wrote:
Also all lets stop bashing NTs 95% are ignorant of as and thats not there fault the world reinforces the rejection of people that don't fit into the idea of normalcy.

Yes! This is true. I don't bash NTs; I bash contemporary social institutions. Those are the real problems.

- Ray M -

cory4566
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2006, 12:13 pm

People dont respond to my postes when there a bit to much off topic. I once went to a website with a forum where everyone judged you either mature or imature good grammer or bad grammer and everyone treated me as immature (I know I am not mature but I dont think of myself as immature) people always focusses on the bad sides of other people. Also there was a huge invisible wall between mods/admins and normal members. When people had somthing rude to say they just couldent keep it to themselfs. the founder of the forum is always acting like a wimp there are people quitting and bans almost all the time and yet there where 10 new members every day. When I saw this place one day I thought this looks like a place where (almost) everyone treats each other with respect. But I do agree with you that there are probably NT's here somwhere that just cant understand the measege "This place was made for aspise's and that little atitude in there head that say's "I know theres know way I have a disabilty but NO ONE tells ME what to do". Ok that might be a little off topic but I got it off my chest.

ElliottHird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2006, 3:33 pm

Beatles_girl wrote:
<long first post>

Umm... you know, I think this might be a bad side of Asperger's in action. It's not a conspiracy, it's how forums work. Just keep posting at then people will notice you, like you said.

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 4:38 pm

aww. Don't feel bad. :( I know where you're coming from. I went through the same exact thing when first registering at wrongplanet.

A bit of advice: Stick around in the random discussion forum. This is a great place to get to know people.

As for the bit about people beeing NT's: Remember that people with AS require more time when under the process of developing any kind of relationship – romantic, friendly or even over the internet. Cut us some slack – it's as hard for us as it is for you. When I was new on these boards, I used to spend a lot of time obsessing over what to write in my posts (still do that sometimes). People will eventually become more comfertable in your "presence", and that will give you the opportunity to warm up to them. (or at least give them a second chance)

But I give you my sympathy. I hope you can overcome some of these issues. I for one, would enjoy having you around.

ElliottHird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2006, 4:47 pm

To be a little less rough, I know the feeling. I've been to many forums now so it doesn't affect me (being frequenting them since I was 8) but I can understand it. My advice stays the same though, keep posting. It's how forums work.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 6:02 pm

alexa232 wrote:
People will eventually become more comfertable in your "presence", and that will give you the opportunity to warm up to them. (or at least give them a second chance)

Yeah, I was thinking about this a bit after posting.
I know in real life it takes me a while just to get used to someone enough to start having natural conversations with them.
So the same principle may apply to the people who post a lot on here. People read all those posts and become familiar with them, and are more likely to respond.

anandamide
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 8:38 pm

Beatles_girl wrote:
uh. yeah people made fun of me about
how bad red food coulouring is and what it can do to people
it makes aspies crazy and the chemicals that make the die
really afect the brain and about carmine (the crushed up beetles)
it's like no one took me seriously
it wasent ment to be funny!
and when i posted about Zombo.com i only got
1 reply! if a moderator posted it would have
gotten tons of replys!
why am i so unpopular! the way we are acting here
is NOT how aspies should be.
and if people look at this with out adding any replys
they will all be on my hate list!
this place isent as wounderfull as it sounded like
i'm gonna find a new aspies forum!
with REAL aspies!

Well, if it helps I sometimes feel like all the other aspies think I'm weird. I was very timid when I first started posting on forums because I have like zero experience really being self expressive in a social group, even if it is "just" on a forum.

I read your posts and I thought you seemed great. I am middle aged but I could relate to some of your posts. I thought to myself, well there's a girl I'd like to have known in high school. The post about embarrassing moments was hilarious. I have noticed that sometimes when people write really good posts no one responds for awhile because they don't know what to say that is witty or articulate in response. I'm not saying that I am witty and articulate, I'm saying that I have seen that sometimes a particularly good post will end the thread and then no one posts because they don't know what more there is to say. I think people probably enjoyed your posts and didn't know what more to say. I'm sorry I didn't respond, I started to write a response to you on the embarrassing moments thread and then I thought that whatever I wrote would just be inane compared to your hilarious post, so I gave up and deleted what I started to write. I'm middle aged, but your posts remind me of the one and only friend I had through college. I admire your honesty in the post above and I hope you don't leave.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2006, 12:18 am

Here's my feeble attempt to relate:

I have not heard Ringo Starr sing too often, but "Back Off, Boogaloo" is a great song.