Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2010, 4:13 pm

I have a bad memory. A few years ago my life was at it's worst. I was unemployed and just sitting in my parent's house and just doing nothing. I couldn't even contemplate changing things, it wasn't possible. Things were so bad that I got crohnic fatigue and all I could do was just lay there on the bed and do nothing. In my mind I escaped to a place where I couldn't be hurt and I lost my ability to think clearly. I couldn't remember things any more. Eventually I got a job, but it was the worst experience of my life. People bullied me, I was a complete outcast. Te circumstances of the job mirrored the way I felt at that time. The people there made things worse than they already were. I got better with the help of CBT therapy for my social anxiety, and more recently EFT which has been a godsend. I've been able to leave behind that job and all the intensely bad memories that I got there.

But now I have a bad memory. People don't respect me and don't understand me. I get the snub everywhere I go and I don't know why. This seems to be new or maybe is it the autism, I just never knew I had it?

Does anyone here have CFS? I think I'm just really venting myself here, I'm sick of being an outcast and getting the snub. But perhaps I'm just getting paranoid again.

I just found this:

http://www.metrolyrics.com/dont-believe ... house.html

It's about a romatic relationship but can be sort of highjacked for Aspergers in general.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 6:26 pm

I have Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis, Hunner Syndrome (all are thought to be genetically related) so I do get chronic fatigue usually after I have been unusually physically active. I have to stay in bed and sleep more for a couple of days to recover. I have short term memory loss and sometimes I get distracted easily. I sometimes take Concerta and it helps the short term memory loss and allows me to concentrate like I could before all these health problems became obvious.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 7:43 pm

I have CFS and the most difficult aspect for me is the short-tem/working memory problems. Depression can also mess up cognitive functioning. I seem to be dealing with both -- so treatment for depression is helping, though it isn't a total fix. So, I'd recommend getting checked out & treated for depression if it seems like an issue, especially if may have been going on so long that you can't truly remember what it was like to feel not-depressed. (I actually didn't realize how bad it was until it started lifting.) And reducing stress and resting a lot, but of course that's usually hard if not impossible to arrange.

If your health is really being badly affected a doctor might be able to help. I've also been on stimulants (Adderal & Dextrostat in my case), which helped some. And people w/CFS also can have a low blood pressure condition called "neurally mediated hypotension," which is really fatiguing in itself (and there are treatments for it).

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2010, 12:25 pm

I seem to get pain after exercise and recently quit doing Aikido because of this. It involved a lot of rolling and this just killed me. I also seem to sleep forever but sending yourself into oblivion for 14hrs doesn't seem to make it go away so I set a go to bed and wake up time and stick to it. I didn't realise the exercise thing was related to the autism until now, more and more I realise that all my problems were always caused by it and it wasn't just me or some unrelated factors either. Finding out is really good but now I have to decide what's curable and possible in life which is tough.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 11:01 pm

I'm not diagnosed with the syndrome and I don't really think that I have it, but I have two other health conditions and they can both cause chronic fatigue, which I have. I also have bad memory, it's because of a medicine I take.

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2010, 1:37 am

I share the fatigue and the bad memory
My answer has been to write things down as soon as i think of them or if i get told something so i dont forget it five minutes later. As to fatigue i just push through as best i can. Cant help any more than that.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2010, 9:49 am

Think I was just having a bad day. I found out that I had serious guilt issues as well. Last night I tapped them out using the EFT and the pain is completely gone. Before it was like I had an injury in my stomach like someone had actually stuck a knife in. It's amazing that an unconscious emotion can cause all that. Now I know that I was just feeling guilty ALL the time and this was causing the pain. I feel almost normal now, but no doubt I will have to deal with a few more issues before I am completely normal. Again, use EFT, you've no idea how good your life will become.