HELP!! autistic man at bar won't stop embarassing himself!

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2010, 3:11 pm

so i frequent this bar for the karaoke usually weekly with some friends and there are always regulars there, including one what i believe to be autistic man. he is there every week always alone and always being mocked. there are even several youtube videos of him for people to laugh at! every week i see him in some horrible situation where he is being made fun of and doesn't notice. for example some young pretty mean girls were pretending to flirt with him and even taking pictures with him to be laughed at. he is always trying to talk to people who don't want him around e.t.c .
it is painful to watch him get made fun of on the weekly but its not my place to say anything to him :(

even the karaoke leader makes fun of him he also sings terribly and dances and goes by the name "timmylicious" and then the girls yell "timmay!"

it is soooo bad!

GO ON YOUTUBE AND LOOK UP TIMMY SHIMMY THATS HIM! BELIEVE IT! so any advice on what to do would be appreciated

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 3:20 pm

Rohypnol?

What makes you think he's autistic? Remember William Hung? He was played for a fool BIG TIME.

Combo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2010, 3:28 pm

Some people just like being the center of attention. Also there are many types of comedian who like to make others laugh by making fun of themselves.

That guy just looks like he's having fun. As for being autistic, I have no clue, what makes you think that?

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2010, 4:16 pm

i guess i assume he's autistic because he is always there alone he comes from another town far away to go there doesn't understand social cues or etiquette at all doesn't realize when people are mocking him basically unaware of his surroundings...tries to pick up pretty girls and fails miserably...

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 5:43 pm

What do you want us here to do? Write those people a nasty e-mail :roll: ? You are there why don't you stand up for him and say something instead of complaining on a message board? Are you afraid of those people saying and doing something to him. If not say something, be a hero. When I was in 7th to 10th grade when I was being tormented if someone stood up and said something to the bullies they usually stopped. All you have to say is "Is your life so horrible that you have to pick on an autistic guy to make you feel better about yourself?" Bring a few people who agree with you who also say something in the man's defense if the bullies think the crowd is against them they'll shut up. Make some videos of these people picking on the autistic guy and shame them about it on you tube posting their names along with the video stating that they are openly discriminating against an autistic person.

If these are too hard for you to pull off then please shut up about it we do not want to here about it.

Last edited by Todesking on 06 Dec 2010, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 5:51 pm

Dont know what you can do, but I think its nice of you that you cared about another Human Being enough to ask for ideas.

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2010, 6:20 pm

You don't even have to say anything to the other people. Just be his friend, that's why he's there. Hang out with him and show the jerks by example how a human being deserves to be treated. If they see you treating him with respect, maybe some of them will feel embarrassed about being douches themselves and shut up. Just be careful, if he's not aware that they're laughing AT him, he could be devastated to realize it suddenly because you leaped to his defense.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 6:22 pm

Nambo wrote:
Dont know what you can do, but I think its nice of you that you cared about another Human Being enough to ask for ideas.

agreed

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 6:28 pm

Ignore his behaviour and offer to be his friend.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 6:49 pm

Oh God, I CANNOT stand karaoke, I'd rather hear a Honda engine throw a connecting rod instead.

All I can say to you is this even though I'm gonna be a hypocrite for saying because I don't associate with people with autism - aspies are another story and I lock up at bars unless I'm really, really, really familiar with the grounds there.

Befriend him. Make him feel loved/special. And them try to get him out of there. Bars are hostile places for the aspie/autie and there isn't a de-militarized zone for our logic-based social firewalls to use in case of a social situation like this occurs.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:32 pm

nthach wrote:
Befriend him. Make him feel loved/special.

CockneyRebel wrote:

I have seen woman who befriended some poor weird guy and he ended up stalking her.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:48 pm

Todesking wrote:
nthach wrote:

CockneyRebel wrote:

I have seen woman who befriended some poor weird guy and he ended up stalking her.

You don't know until you have seen the person and gotten to know him/her.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 10:52 pm

nthach wrote:
Todesking wrote:
nthach wrote:

CockneyRebel wrote:

You don't know until you have seen the person and gotten to know him/her.

He was a co-worker who worked with her for two years. She wanted to make him feel like he was loved all she acomplished was to get him fired from a job he was good at and liked because he thought she wanted to be his boyfriend. She was hugging him and taking him to lunch all the time. She really twisted up his mind by being too friendly with him because she felt everyone deserved human contact. He did have human contact with his church group and bowling league but she never knew about it because she was so into "helping him" she never really knew him or his likes or dislikes. All my co-workers missed having him around and took it out on her they told on her for even the most minor of incident.

Last edited by Todesking on 07 Dec 2010, 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

torako
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2010, 11:44 pm

Todesking wrote:
nthach wrote:

CockneyRebel wrote:

the moral of the story is: all strange people are stalkers!

kind of like how all strange teenagers are school shooters, right?

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2010, 11:59 pm

torako wrote:
the moral of the story is: all strange people are stalkers!

Moral of the story my female co-worker had to get a restraining order and the weird guy who would have never talked to her until she wanted to be his "pretend" friend to make him feel better about himself would have still been working there if she left him alone. She was hugging him and offering to take to lunch with her all the time. He ended up getting fired because of his actions and my female co-worker pretty much pissed off all the other co-workers due to the fact she was always meddeling in other people's lives to make herself feel better about herself with disasterous results. She ended getting fired because of her spending too much work time playing unwanted social worker and racking up complaints to the union rep.

When approaching a strange person you should show extreme caution you do not know the person not all strange people are autistic or nice but a bad kind of strange. You could set yourself up for a lot of easily avoided trouble by being cautious. You should also make sure he knows you are just a friend from the get go so he does not think you want to be his girlfriend.

Last edited by Todesking on 07 Dec 2010, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 5:21 am

He seems to be enjoying himself. Maybe he doesn't mind people laughing at him? People laugh at me but I don't mind if its all in good fun.

Unless he looks upset about it, I don't see the point of upsetting him. Does it really matter f he knows if he's not at all hurt by this?