What are the advantages of dating Aspie girls?

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 7:51 pm

I don't like the idea of wearing something so people can pick me out in a crowd

I think someone tried that before...didn't go down well

XFridgeYyeahZRosie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Dec 2010, 11:12 pm

I don't think being an aspie would define any specific dating qualities... :P

I wish you an absofreakinlutely spectacular day!! :D (and every other day for that matter :]

Mojave
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2010, 11:14 pm

There isn't any :o

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 2:47 am

indigo-oak wrote:
you're a guy? If so, I'd go on burping date in the rain with you, then we could go catch tadpoles =]

Yes. I'm a dude.
uh oh -- [<picks booger>]
Whew! thought it was a bug in there.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

norwegianman1972
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2010, 10:35 am

I would date both aspie girls and NT girls as long as I was both attracted to them and liked them as a person. But there are far more aspie men than aspie women and if an aspie woman wants to date an aspie man she has a clear advantage compared to an aspie man wanting to date an aspie woman.

soggy60
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2010, 12:27 pm

Hi,

I am not an aspie . . .I think I'm close to NT , , ,but anyway.... there is someone new in my life that is ( my GFs son)

From 'my point of view'
. . .the bad vibes you get form the other person when pushed into (or you do on your own) a social situation are because AS is not 'obvious' to any one.
. . the first impression I formed when I met this person : "the bluntness almost borders on being rude"
. .I later learned of the person being an aspie . . .
. . .I took the time to learn , , ,and attempt to understand
. . . .I can better communicate with that person . . .we are slowly becomming 'friends'

If you, as an aspie, or me as not, approached a person with no eyes, we'd probably undertand they do not have a concept of 'seeing'. We both would understand a person with one leg having a problem with walking . . .

Without some 'quickly visible' indicator, it is almost impossible to 'know ahead of time' that I'm about to deal/communicate with an aspie, or a codependent, (me) or a bipolar, or . . .an alcholoic (was me too) for all that matters if the meeting is during a period of sobriety. Can't tell the good guy from a bad guy without a score card.

Speaking of 'absent an indicator' . . .I was on the downhill . . .ending it . . .yes, self termination . . .
. .nobody, not wife (now ex), children, bosses, 'friends' recognized or reached out . . .
. . .as a codep, I was very adept at hiding my emotions

Thank you for the opportuinty to learn , understand . . .

CrystalBug
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Dec 2010, 1:45 pm

soggy60 wrote:
Thank you for the opportuinty to learn , understand . . .

You are very welcome :)

AriNecromare1213
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Dec 2010, 7:02 pm

I would have to say that I would most likely benefit me because of the understanding of Aspergers they may have. they will understand all your shortcomings and you will theirs. I can be more confident and they can to because of this understanding. Symbiotic. Maybe I'm just too selfless.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 10:56 pm

I could ask them if they wanted to kiss my birdies and they would not take offense or be grossed out, but what would I no I'm no expert on the matter I've only meet 2 aspie women in my life time.

I kiss my birdies all the time. :D

Most Nt's think birds are disgusting things that poo every where , people even kill crows :twisted:

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

Well, of course all AS girls (and AS people) are different. I've seen AS girls who wear weird clothes, don't want to go out very much, and don't have a sense of humor. And I've seen others who are quite cute and have cool (albeit odd) interests.

As for just me...if a guy likes me, it's usually for my personality (I'm very blunt and honest, but a very good friend) and sense of humor. I probably think more like a guy, but I'm still feminine, and that's attractive to some guys.