Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MsLeeLoo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2010, 3:12 pm

Recently our family got to beta test it before it came out. Fortunately for doing so, we got to keep the system that microsoft sent us. Anyway, my HFA daughter is the mistress of video games to begin with, but when it comes to the kinect, she blows all of us out of the water. I think it's interesting in light of the notion that kids in the spectrum are clumsy, because it seems like when it comes to certain things like video games, she has no problems with motor function whatsoever- both large and fine, whether joystick or kinect. Anyway, this guy posted his own experience with his 4 year old HFA son and the kinect and it reminded me how well my daughter does with it, too:

http://www.gamingnexus.com/FullNews/I-t ... 20369.aspx

tv
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2010, 12:26 pm

hi

how old is your child?
Thanks for link

mikeysmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2011, 11:46 am

DS 6 yrs old is in DX process at the moment. He recently had Physio assessement and basically it showed lots of problems with his gross motor skills and planning. However he is fantastic on anything video game related. He completed Zelda on the Wii when he was 5 8O which i think is a pretty complex game and requires a lot of hand eye coordination. We bought him Kinect and Tony Hawkes for Xbox and again he has surprised me for a child who had no coordination he does pretty well.

mikeysmum
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jan 2011, 11:46 am

DS 6 yrs old is in DX process at the moment. He recently had Physio assessement and basically it showed lots of problems with his gross motor skills and planning. However he is fantastic on anything video game related. He completed Zelda on the Wii when he was 5 8O which i think is a pretty complex game and requires a lot of hand eye coordination. We bought him Kinect and Tony Hawkes for Xbox and again he has surprised me for a child who has no coordination he does pretty well.

4_Mama
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2011, 7:48 pm

Our 9 yr old son also loves the kinect - and mastered the hand eye coordination quickly.
Fun games and lots of exercise! :D :D :D

misstippy
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2011, 10:05 pm

My 4 year old also LOVES the Kinect! Well, and I love it too. We just played it bunch today since we had a snow day!