Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 4:36 pm

The GBA itself is backwards compatible with past Game Boy cartridges, while the GBA carts are back-com with DS Classic and Lite.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2010, 7:25 pm

Does anybody know any good methods or products for storing loose GBA games? I've looked around but not found anything yet.

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2010, 10:49 pm

HenryKrinkle wrote:
Does anybody know any good methods or products for storing loose GBA games? I've looked around but not found anything yet.

I have a full case for all of my games; I can't really describe how it looks, but it's kinda like a backpack (complete with straps) and has front (games) rear (accessories) and side (the GBA/SP/DS, and probably a few more types of systems) compartments, and it's yellow. It's always worked for me.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2010, 12:59 pm

BroncosRtheBest wrote:
I have a full case for all of my games; I can't really describe how it looks, but it's kinda like a backpack (complete with straps) and has front (games) rear (accessories) and side (the GBA/SP/DS, and probably a few more types of systems) compartments, and it's yellow. It's always worked for me.

I couldn't find anything like that based on your description.

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Dec 2010, 1:05 pm

The GameCube and Game Boy Player came today but I can't do anything because the controller I ordered seperately hasn't arrived. :(

The seller packed everything in a jiffy bag; I kid you not. Just the console and cables stuffed in a jiffy bag. There was a huge tear in it but the console seems to be in very good condition never the less.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 1:27 pm

HenryKrinkle wrote:

Similar to what he said, I just have a bag I keep them in...it's a third party one, I think it was actually designed for PSOne, but it's padded well and all my GBA stuff fits in it just fine.

But now that I have flash carts, I just pop my Micro or my DS in my pocket or backpack and I've got everything I need (though I have a small case for extra DS games if I need).

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2010, 9:02 pm

The controller came today so I got to test out the Game Boy Player properly and it's really cool. I forgot to mention the GameCube has a digital out, I just need to find a component cable that doesn't cost a fortune now.

I got a bunch more GBA games in the post and I beat Advance Wars so now I need to choose the next game to play. 8)

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2010, 2:55 pm

I ordered an RGB scart cable for about £6 which is obviously a lot cheaper than a component cable (and not as good) but hopefully it should make a noticeable improvement. I also bought my brother's Nintendo DSi off him while I was staying at my parents' over Christmas. :cool:

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2011, 12:56 pm

I have fond memories of my GBA, in fact I still got it, had some of the best games I ever played. Games I had included Super Mario Advance(a remake of Super Mario Brothers 2) Super Mario Advance 2( a remake of Super Mario World),Super Mario Advance 4( a remake of Super Mario 3), Advance Wars, Castlevania:Harmony of Dissonance,Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow( I bought the Castlevanias together in a value pack), Metroid Fusion,Legend of Zelda:A Link to the Past,Mario Kart Advance, just what I would remember. Me and my brother and friends would spend hours playing the multiplayer mode of the Super Mario Advance games, and advance wars.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

20 Apr 2011, 2:50 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I have to check and see what I have...

Metroid Fusion, Super Mario Bros. 2, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Breath of Fire 2, AD&D: Eye of the Beholder, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Mario World, Pokemon Sapphire, Mario Pinball Land, Bomberman Tournament, and Sword of Mana. And Mario Kart: Super Circuit is around here somewhere...

But now I've got a flash cart so I can bring as many games as I need with me...plus there's fan translations, ROM hacks, and emulators 8)

Some of my favorite games (besides the ones I already mentioned):

TOP FIVE:
Advance Guardian Heroes (Treasure)
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (Treasure/Hitmaker, the European version is improved)
Ninja Cop/Ninja Five-O (seriously awesome)
Rebelstar (Rebelstar reboot by the original X-COM team)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (haven't played the second game yet)

I mean...top...eight?
Gradius Generation (Japanese version is improved)
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Mother 3 (fan translation)

The rest:
Mario vs. Donkey Kong (sequel to Game Boy Donkey Kong)
Mr. Driller 2 (Mr. Driller A seems pretty cool too, but it's impossible to figure out without any English)
Game and Watch Gallery 4
Activision Anthology (tons of Atari 2600 games, includes protos and fan-made homebrews)
Bubble Bobble Old & New
Elevator Action Old & New (Japanese, but little to no dialogue to worry about)
Namco Museum(s)/Pac-Man Collection
Double Dragon Advance (the Japanese version is improved, but no English dialogues)
TMNT (the Konami ones are okay, but the Ubisoft movie tie-in one is the same team that did the Scott Pilgrim game)
CT Special Forces (series)
Densetsu no Stafy (series, no English)
Goemon: New Age Shutsudou! (no English)
Gunstar Super Heroes (Treasure)
Lady Sia
Megaman Zero series
Metal Slug Advance
Sonic Advance
Wario Land 4
Iridion series
Wings
Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Edit: Re-read your post and saw that you already have/ordered some of these.

Venger wrote:
That game makes Super Metroid's graphics look very dated by the way.

Eh, I think they're almost on par with each other, except Fusion suffers from "let's make this game extra bright and the colors oversaturated so it's easier to see on a non-lit GBA".

Ah, you seem to be a fan of Treasure, as well. My Top Five GBA games are:

Gunstar Super Heroes (Treasure)
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (Treasure)
Advance Guardian Heroes (Treasure)
Metroid: Zero Mission (Nintendo)
Duke Nukem Advance (Take-Two)

Rebelstar is pretty good. I have that game lying around. Somewhere.

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2011, 12:24 am

I love the GBA. I even have the super rare AGB capture unit from Intelligent Systems (no I'm not going to sell it :) ) which produces the best quality scaling on a TV. I'm looking for the Nitro capture unit too. These units are available for purchase only for video game magazines and review sites. They produce the best quality scaling of any device, I have no idea why Nintendo doesn't sell it for regular users like you and me.

My favorite game for GBA is Super Mario Advance 4 because it's a port of the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Brothers 3. I have the save with all available e-Reader levels, both US and Jap e-Reader levels.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2011, 6:41 pm

I have both the original GBA and a GBA Micro. These are the games I have:

Sonic Advance 1,2 and 3
Sonic the Hedgehog
Driver
Grand Theft Auto
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
The Pac-Man Collection
FIFA Football
Premier Manager
GT Advance
Columns Crown
Super Mario World
Super Street Fighter II

For me, the GBA has always come a very poor second to my beloved Sega Game Gear (for which I have over 300 games and dozens of accessories).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:33 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
Ah, you seem to be a fan of Treasure, as well.

Yep. Except for Bangai-O for the Dreamcast...I could never really get into that game for some reason, but I played the DS sequel and it wasn't as bad.

EnglishInvader wrote:
For me, the GBA has always come a very poor second to my beloved Sega Game Gear (for which I have over 300 games and dozens of accessories).

I have a Game Gear emulator on my GBA ¬_¬

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

HenryKrinkle wrote:

GBA games are a pain in that regard because they don't have the clam-shell cases that used to come with handheld carts of yesteryear. I have a plastic storage case which is good for 12 GBA games; I have 14 games so I keep the remaining two inside my GBA and GBA Micro. When I increase my collection (I currently have Inspector Gadget on order), I shall keep the extra games in a small cardboard box in bubble wrap.

thebrightstar
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 May 2011, 10:40 am

Thanks a lot