Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2006, 6:20 am

Could anyone give my any anti-depressants for loneliness, I really don’t want to know about any alternates at the moment. Some anti-depressants must be more affective then others here. My doctor gives me some anti depressants and they are completely un-effective. I wander if he is treating me with anti depressants that cure chemical imbalances in the brain, something that I do not have.

a1kemi
Raven
Raven

22 Jun 2006, 7:51 am

Antidepressants for lonliness? Are you wanting to drown out the lonliness or cure it with company? You either need something to help you numb the emotional pain OR something to help you get some company.

I had some prozac once and while it certainly had an interseting effect I can't say it'd cure lonliness. I think prozac is an SSRI. There's the herb, St. John's Wort which is a MAOI, it could help but be carefull, it can have some weird or dangerous effects that aren't in the warnings on the bottle. So look it up before trying it.

Have a chat to someone. Where I live there's a community health centre where anyone can talk to a counsellor for free. I found that place nice to visit once even though the counsellor couldn't really help.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2006, 11:04 am

Is there a mental health drop-in centre or something similar nearby? It might be more fun than you think.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2006, 11:57 am

I was prescribed Paxil, when I was going through my Local Mental Health system. It works, for the most part. Aparrently, they only have Generic Paxil, now.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

23 Jun 2006, 12:19 am

Please delete all my posts.