Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Adrien
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2010, 10:22 pm

I don't feel like I have enough time to do the cutesy workouts, so I do short, quick, and heavy exercises. I find they relieve stress while not leaving me hurting the rest of the day. It also builds noticeable muscle, which is always socially good.

Anyone else? Share tips?

Mine is to stop caring about what you eat, and to stop planning and researching, and just go out there and give me 20. Then eat 5 burgers. People over analyze and forget the basics for growth.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 10:54 pm

Yeah, trying too hard has never worked for anyone. Back in the day, athletes smoked cigarettes and drank lots of alcohol, and as long as they lifted weights, they got stronger. People are so obsessed with not doing it wrong, but the only way to do it wrong is to not train.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:01 pm

Whatever works for you. It's all cool. But I don't like short intense workouts. I need to keep pushing over a longer period of time until I hit a mental zone that lets me flow. I have a light weight body type that seems to resist building lots of muscle mass.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

I train whatever I can. For a while I couldn't do hand cleans because my wrists would dislocate themselves above 95lbs. I eventually I have no idea how overcame that and went up to 185lbs or something. When they did dislocate above 95lbs I would do 1-2 sets of 20-25 to actually get a work out out of it. Most of the time I like to do a set or two of 5 reps of the heaviest thing I possibly can.

_Russell_

18 Jan 2011, 9:22 pm

I go to a trainer who trains NFL players (I'm playing college football this year) and he has really helped me with my explosive strength...I do a lot of plyometrics, resistance sprinting, etc.

I don't eat any food that is unhealthy...It just makes me feel horrible, plus eating very healthy really helps my performance...

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 9:33 pm

where I work you are basically doing interval training all day long, iv'e really been getting in shape since starting it.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/