Anyone out there writing Christian fantasy or sci-fi?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

CommanderAspie: I once read an anthology of Jewish science-fiction. but I can't recall its title.

CommanderAspie613
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2011, 4:12 pm

lelia wrote:
CommanderAspie: I once read an anthology of Jewish science-fiction. but I can't recall its title.

I have just wiki'd it: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandering_Stars
Its called Wandering Stars.

Wiki also says "Major influences include early science fiction authors such as C. S. Lewis, while more recent figures include Stephen Lawhead and Tim LaHaye."
Here is a link to the article on it: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christia ... ce_fiction

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

CommanderAspie613 wrote:
Wiki also says "Major influences include early science fiction authors such as C. S. Lewis, while more recent figures include Stephen Lawhead and Tim LaHaye."

LaHaye is of the devil's party, and I suspect he knows it.

The year is still young.

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2011, 6:05 pm

LaHaye wrote that Left Behind series with Jerry Jenkins, right? I read the three first books. It's interesting, but not that literary, I would say.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 6:11 pm

nissa_amas_katoj wrote:
It's really sad how certain people can't be tolerant enough to let Christians find other Christians in this forum without trying to stop it.

No one is stopping you; and don't exaggerate, as that is a form of "Bearing False Witness".

The Deryni series by Katherine Kurtz has obvious Christian overtones, as the stories are set in a Roman Catholic dominated society; the Camber trilogy, especially, as each chapter heading includes a Bible verse.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.