Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2010, 7:40 pm

For the first time ever, I dated a fellow aspie. I now now I probly will only ever date a fellow Aspie in the future. Never met anyone just like me before, and it was the greatest thing in the world.

Think I want mosly Aspie friends too if possible...lol.

Newby here, but just wanted to say, love you guys. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 7:56 pm

While results may vary, I applaud your decision. In my experience, I have done better with other Aspies.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 8:09 pm

Well my previous relationship was with an aspie. Lasted for 4 years. Ouch its going to be a year since we split next month *plays violin* :cry:

LikeGreenAndBlue
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Dec 2010, 8:10 pm

I never understood this like-attracts-like thing. I think if this whole like-attracts-like thing was completely true we would all be homosexual.

Last edited by LikeGreenAndBlue on 27 Dec 2010, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 8:16 pm

Asides from sharing common anatomical components I actually don't relate to 90% of my own gender truth be told. So I don't think your proposition holds much credit IMO

IMCarnochan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2010, 9:37 pm

My wife is a highly artistic ADDer with no aspergery qualities. She loves change and travel and cities, all things that drive me nuts. It works for us, she brings me out and I ground her. I introduce her to fun things to do at home and I take her out to places she likes to go.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 9:48 pm

I've only been officially diagnosed for eight months and have yet to even meet another Aspergian... As for dating, I'm already seeing a great NT guy who is very understanding with me. I would LOVE to have some real life ADS friends outside of cyberspace.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2010, 11:33 pm

I've never dated someone with AS, I have dated an NT with mild OCD which somehow built a perspective/personality bridge of sorts. I may be able to find out about dating another aspie one day, and I just as easily may never. Its really neither in my control nor by my call, chance can be a tad brutal that way.

mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2010, 11:50 pm

While I am sooo soo sad it is over, I am also happy to see that I can finally actually conect with another human being... feel like I have hope for the future now at least.

Now i just have to figure out how to find more Aspies! :D

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 12:08 am

LikeGreenAndBlue wrote:
I never understood this like-attracts-like thing. I think if this whole like-attracts-like thing was completely true we would all be homosexual.

Yay, with that logic why would a human even bother dating another human? Dating a dog would be the best idea I guess because it would totally know how the human is feeling... oh wait it just loves the human, but has no idea what it's saying :? (Note: I'm being jokingly sarcastic... but a bit serious between the lines :P)

Really though... nobody said it was completely true. I think some aspies like the idea of a partner understanding them and not simply just tolerating them.

Princess78
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: Massachusetts, or in a cottage with seven little men

28 Dec 2010, 12:29 am

I'm an Aspie, dating another Aspie. It's not always easy, I will tell you that. Especially when he gets all moody and then we don't talk for a few days. Then I end up taking out my frustrations on my family, when they have done nothing wrong, and I feel just terrible about it. Sometimes I have doubts about him. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with him, and I seriously consider dating someone else. Then he calls me, I apologize for not having called him, he apologizes for having been in such a bad mood, and then we're fine. It drives me and my family insane! He has other issues, too. But we do have some good times. Any relationship is difficult. No relationship is perfect. You have to work at it.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 4:36 am

Welcome, mellisamouse. ^_^

I'm not sure whether or not I've dated another Aspie. Most of my friends (and this includes exes) are very Aspie-like, though whether or not they are Aspies I cannot say. My last boyfriend may have been (or he may just have been an incredibly introverted geek). He and I got on fantastically, but had severe communication problems regarding emotions, wants, likes, dislikes, etc, since this was a problem area for each of us.

All the same, I would date an Aspie. I've learned to communicate better myself, so as long as the other party isn't entirely non-communicative, I think it could be okay.

Lace-Bane wrote:
I think some aspies like the idea of a partner understanding them and not simply just tolerating them.

Count me among them. I'd rather stay single than have a partner who couldn't understand me and whom I couldn't understand. Less lonely to actually be alone.

mellisamouse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2010, 6:10 am

yeah... this morning I though it was over, but apparently maybe not.... this confusion thing is gonna drive me nuts.

I love the closeness, but this on again off again thing is trying my patience... :cry:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 7:04 am

mellisamouse wrote:
For the first time ever, I dated a fellow aspie. I now now I probly will only ever date a fellow Aspie in the future. Never met anyone just like me before, and it was the greatest thing in the world.

Think I want mosly Aspie friends too if possible...lol.

Newby here, but just wanted to say, love you guys. :)

It's great that you found someone who you like so much, but that isn't what happens in all Aspie/Aspie relationships. Such a generalisation is fatal.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:03 am

LikeGreenAndBlue wrote:
I never understood this like-attracts-like thing.

Well, it depends. Most of the people I know who seem to be on the spectrum have similar interests to mine, so it's easy to get along with them.

I could imagine if I met an Aspie who was interested in basketball and paper dolls, we would have difficulty seeing eye to eye.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2010, 8:09 am

I made a thread no so long ago about how having too much in common can cause problems, and how just having similar interests doesn't guarantee anything. I actually used an Aspie/Aspie relationship as a perfect example of this.