Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

veiled
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2011, 9:45 pm

golfgirl827 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced this? For you aspie men out there, did you ever regret a past love who really tried to help you?

Thanks for reading

I was severely traumatized many years ago and had a girl try and help me, I ended up rejecting her out of fear for her well-being. I fell into a psychotic depression for years and still regret it to this day.

But I'm sure it's not that way for everyone.

I recommend you do one thing if you want to salvage any sort of relationship with your ex, don't depend on any verbal communication at all. Instead, actively show them how you feel through other forms of expression and forgive/forget what they may have said to to you in the past.

After I rejected this girl, It took me years to finally let go of all my bottled emotions and say something, but it wasn't enough, and it had no effect, it was too late.

Just my story of course, I hope it's relevant.

CinnamonGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2011, 10:42 pm

OMG! I just typed out this insanely long response, but decided against it! It was a flippin' book! Sorry, I will try to convey my point as best I can without my entire life story! 8O

My opinion here is that I lived my life for a decade full of regret, and so did my partner. After we came back together, we realized that we can never be apart again. Our life is very far from perfect...I left a life of material possessions and so-called 'security' (according to whom?) for a life of (so far) poverty, unemployment, no friends, and no money! But, we DO have an absolute abundance of total acceptance, love and bliss...not to mention the most incredibly gorgeous baby boy ever! Even when we are fighting, I would still never change what we have or go back to my old life. The level of love I experience with this man is worth being homeless on the streets for (and we've come close!). I choose to live my life with no regrets.

If he is the one for u, don't ever stop fighting for him...even if he doesn't know/realize u're doing it...my personal opinion is that actions speak louder than words, and my experience has been that talk is cheap. So SHOW him that u love him and want to be with him and want the best for him. How u do that, I don't know. Don't stop trying is what I mean.

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 11:43 pm

Oh wow. Just as I finished reading your post, CinnamonGirl, "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison started playing. What a theme song for this thread. That was uncanny. 8)

AndreaLuna
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jan 2011, 7:28 am

In my opinion it is very hard to decide whether to tell you to move on or stick around. We don’t know you or how your relationship was. I think you are the only one that can decide that and you should do that by trying to listen to your inner voice/sixth sense. Having said this, I can tell you that I moved on from an Aspie man whom I liked very very much. In my case what helped was to finally understand that yes he may be Aspie and may have a ton of issues with relationships, but he must have at least the desire to keep me in his life. That desire was not there, so I walked. You need to draw the line somewhere in order to keep yourself healthy. You are the only person that can take care of yourself. Good luck.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 7:46 am

What a wonderful post, CinnamonGirl, you have my respect. I wish you and your loved ones to always be that happy.

CinnamonGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2011, 9:17 am

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
Oh wow. Just as I finished reading your post, CinnamonGirl, "Someone Like You" by Van Morrison started playing. What a theme song for this thread. That was uncanny. 8)

I had to google the lyrics to this song, as I'm unfamiliar with it, and the words are so relevant! I think I may have to download and listen to the song!

Sallamandrina wrote:
What a wonderful post, CinnamonGirl, you have my respect. I wish you and your loved ones to always be that happy.

Thank You! :oops:

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2011, 12:30 pm

CinnamonGirl wrote:
I had to google the lyrics to this song, as I'm unfamiliar with it, and the words are so relevant! I think I may have to download and listen to the song!

Do! It's a very pretty song...you might recognize it when you hear it. Best of luck to you and your family.