4. Cell Phones/Home Phones

5. Clocks

6. Radios

I love to collect electronics.

Solidess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2006, 5:33 am

Well I don't have a passion for many types of electronics, but definitely computers and videogames, and related electronics and accessories. I appreciate the DVD player in my PS2 but almost never watch movies so I wouldn't have bought one seperately. I wouldn't have a cell phone if I wasn't given one as a gift. I don't listen to music outloud very much, so I don't care for stereos. I don't normally care about TVs unless I need a new one, and I do. I am shopping for a new one which - surprise surprise - will be good quality for my gaming obsession. I am mostly interested in what you DO with such technology - such as software for the PC. I tend to have very creative passion for videogames, so with the PC, I can create some movies or Photo edits, and characters, textures, lots of things.

By the way, shouldn't this be in the entertainment or 'other' areas?

eipsa
Raven
Raven

28 Jun 2006, 1:56 pm

LASERs

I can think about LASER-beams for hours on end...

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2006, 10:15 pm

Vintage audio in general. I've got I think 5 receivers, 3 reel-to-reels (one just acquired is the only one that works), a couple cassette decks and a few turntables. Oh, and some 8-track players. The turntables are my favorites.

McCartney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2006, 1:38 am

electric guitars 8)

other than that, my iPod. can't live without it.

My favorite messageboard, Paradise City:
www.rocknrollforum.proboards49.com

"We fight, we f*ck, it's in our nature to have desires."

electronic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2006, 6:06 pm

Any electronic Expects

novawake

20 Aug 2006, 6:42 pm

I absolutely love building/assembling computers... I liked to do it before it was cool... :P Now everyone seems to do it and they think I must suck at it because I'm not a brilliant conversationalist....

I'm not out to please others, but I'd like to do well at a techie job interview someday... :/ That way I could maybe do a job I like...

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2006, 7:07 pm

My favorite electronics:

1) Mesh Titan 500GB HD, 2GB RAM, dual graphics cards, subwoofer speakers, CD-RW/DVD etc (couldn't live without my power PC)

2) Archos 20GB GMini402 Portable Media Player, and Creative Zen Touch 20GB MP3 Player (also couldn't live without)

3) Nintendo DS (ZooKeeper addict)

4) Siemens C54 cellphone (ANCIENT and useless model, but I still love it)

5) All my other gadgets (mainly consoles - SNES, N64, GameCube, Playstation, Dreamcast, GBA, GBA SP... I have many). Oh! And my binary wrist watch. I love my cool binary wrist watch. And my flatscreen TV.

itfits
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2006, 7:34 pm

1) my Laptop
2) Tivo
3) Palm Handheld
4) Iriver (mp3 player)
5) Digital camera
6) Cell Phone

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2006, 7:35 pm

I enjoy some electronics stuff, if it has a purpose for me. I've been assembling my own computers since W95 was beta testing.
I've recently cloned my Fender Champ amp and now I can play guitar in stereo. 8)
Just a couple weeks ago I repaired an old turtable that will play 78s.
I kept a fairly impressive PA system from the old days when I used to do concert sound for a living, that I use as my backyard stereo when I'm in my garden (my main obsession). Music is one of my obsessions and most of my electronics is music related, either sound reinforcement and stage gear or stereo stuff.
I also have a really cool assortment of '50s and '60s tube amps and radios both mono and stereo, some of which I've rebuilt to modern specs and they sound great compared to all but the most esoteric high dollar audiophile equipment.
I've taken the guts out of old console stereos and rebuilt the tube amps and radios for fun.
I have built 2 small 2 watt monoblock SET tube amps from scratch and they are also very impressive. No one beleives they are 2 watt amps, but it's also the speakers that are very efficient that make them sound so large and powerful.

My current project is to be a tube output DAC, from plans available on the net, to couple with the raw Digital stream output that most decent CD players have, which bypasses the internal DAC.

After I finish the DAC I plan on putting together another amp, but a more powerful 30 watt/channel PPP tube amp along with an electronic crossover to use for a subwoofer. I will have the meanest 64 watt (total) horn loaded system in town.

disneyhound
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2006, 9:15 pm

novawake wrote:
I absolutely love building/assembling computers... I liked to do it before it was cool... :P Now everyone seems to do it and they think I must suck at it because I'm not a brilliant conversationalist...

Ditto! I have boxes of old components, old vga cards, old 14.4 modems, cables, hdds, whatever! Don't have a use for most of it, don't have a need for any of it, but I have it! Anybody need a 5 1/2" floppy drive...

DirtDawg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 6:09 am

disneyhound wrote:
Anybody need a 5 1/2" floppy drive...

HaHa ... or how about an IBM ByteStar 400MB (not GB) hard drive that I paid $800 for, so I could get the BIGGEST drive available. We now can get 1000 times the storage for 1/5 the price, even before we count inflation of those '94 dollars to '06 base.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2006, 4:18 pm

I love old electronics especially tube stuff. I have a massive collection of tubes quiet a few tube TVs lots of radios but I particulary like old test equipment and things that were in their day state of the art.