Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 6:46 pm

Am I the only one who boils over with rage, just hearing about Twitter or people "tweeting" :wall: In all, its a good idea if you wanna follow famous people. But its only like Facebook, just a lot worse. I'm sure there's a better way to do things. You here about sportsman or musicians "posted on twitter" such and such. Why don't they just bloody say it. I'm not feeling good at explaining why I don't like it, but it just annoys me bluh.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2011, 8:05 pm

I tweet. I didn't get it either, until someone tweeted a link to my blog and I got a spike in traffic. I got an account after that.

I think the appeal is to network rapidly with people who like what you like. I don't spend a lot of time on there, just check in once or twice a day. I like it.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 8:48 pm

I use it for news updates on my website.

For the most part it seems to be a medium for an OCD-riddled population to share the minutia of their boring lives even faster than through the medium of small talk :lol:

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jan 2011, 9:10 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNX_CI6nSOI[/youtube]

I couldn't resist 8O :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 9:39 pm

Yeah....

I don't do the narcinet (mybook, facespace, twittering twitwits).

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 9:56 pm

Twitter is where attention wh*res are sent to die. I already have a facebook and write meaningful things on it(unlike the vast majority of my friends), but no one cares. And then someone else writes: goin to ******'s hous!!
That'll get like 20 likes and all these comments written in fragmented English along the lines "of luv ya grl :wink: "

Unfortunately, I keep on doing what I do even though no one cares. Ahh, most of my 'friends' are just people from school who friended me to make their friend lists grow.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 3:25 am

I do tweet sometimes, I mostly use twitter to get news updates.
Madman entertainment sometimes post discount codes on there.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 4:45 am

murphycop wrote:
Am I the only one who boils over with rage, just hearing about Twitter or people "tweeting" :wall: In all, its a good idea if you wanna follow famous people. But its only like Facebook, just a lot worse. I'm sure there's a better way to do things. You here about sportsman or musicians "posted on twitter" such and such. Why don't they just bloody say it. I'm not feeling good at explaining why I don't like it, but it just annoys me bluh.

If you don't like Twitter, don't go on it. If you're annoyed with people talking about it, change the subject.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:29 am

Lol! Yeah, it does seem for people who love attention, maybe it does have a few good things about it, but they could've at least come up with a decent name.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:34 am

ShenLong wrote:
Twitter is where attention wh*res are sent to die. I already have a facebook and write meaningful things on it(unlike the vast majority of my friends), but no one cares. And then someone else writes: goin to ******'s hous!!
That'll get like 20 likes and all these comments written in fragmented English along the lines "of luv ya grl :wink: "

Unfortunately, I keep on doing what I do even though no one cares. Ahh, most of my 'friends' are just people from school who friended me to make their friend lists grow.

Yeah, i'm afraid thats the way it is, especially if your friends list is full of people that aren't true friends. I had quite a few people add me from school, but I deleted most of them. I guess you have to remember, its just the internet, so writing meaningful stuff won't always get attention, unless its an attractive women writing it haha, then they get loads of males swarming. Think I deleted a few people who write in text talk as well.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:35 am

tweety_fan wrote:
I do tweet sometimes, I mostly use twitter to get news updates.
Madman entertainment sometimes post discount codes on there.

Well I knew you'd like it hehe :P

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 9:36 am

Asp-Z wrote:
murphycop wrote:

If you don't like Twitter, don't go on it. If you're annoyed with people talking about it, change the subject.

I don't mean people talking about it to me personally, its always on most tv programs, the news and radio. Its hard to get away from.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jan 2011, 9:49 am

I never heard of Twitter till Miley Cyrus mentioned she used it on Leno or maybe Conan & the media & lots of sites suddenly started obsessively talking about it. I wonder what would of happened if Miley would of endorsed MySpace instead :chin: I heard she doesn't use Twitter anymore because the paparazzi supposedly misunderstood some stuff she posted & some rumors got started; I don't really know the details & don't give a flying __. The only mainstream site I ever used was MySpace & I deleted my account a few months ago because it was a waste. The only social site I use is Dark Starlings. It's an underground site & not really that popular; doesn't have status updates either http://www.darkstarlings.com/nick007

If you guys haven't see the FaceBook episode of SouthPark; you should check it out :arrow:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT_cp2x0qso[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 10:25 am

murphycop wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
murphycop wrote:

I don't mean people talking about it to me personally, its always on most tv programs, the news and radio. Its hard to get away from.

All manner of popular modern things are mentioned in the media. I don't see why it annoys you, though. Just don't think about it.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:30 am

Yeah, i've seen that South Park episode, its hillarious.

I try not to think about it.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:12 am

I hate facebook also because random kids from school will try to chat with me about. Nothing. And I'm not talking about things that I don't like because I'm polite and will try to hold conversation about things I don't care for, but literally nothing.