If God exist why are there ugly,stupid people.

Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 7:59 am

Argue as much as you like about how dumb, ugly people are still kind at heart, blah blah blah... The fact remains that smart, beautiful as*holes rule the world. Look at all the people who are successful: we have smart people like Bill Gates, Barack Obama, and Stephen Hawking, beautiful people like Megan Fox, Johnny Depp, and Robert Patterson, and as*holes like Steve Ballmer, Bill O'Reilly, and Kim Jong Il.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 6:03 pm

God's way of looking at things is different from mankind's way. True beauty comes from within, and in the eyes of God beauty abides in everyone. But the problem of one person judging another person to be "ugly" arises when a culture starts defining what is and what isn't beautiful. "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 6:58 pm

JetLag wrote:
God's way of looking at things is different from mankind's way. True beauty comes from within, and in the eyes of God beauty abides in everyone. But the problem of one person judging another person to be "ugly" arises when a culture starts defining what is and what isn't beautiful. "Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7.

Obviously, from reading the Bible, it's clear that God is ugly and stupid and he is prejudiced in that direction.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 8:08 pm

ApsieGuy wrote:
What a crappy way to go through life?

I have a facially ugly friend I eat lunch with every other day at work. He has massive social anxiety problems due to his face.

What did he do to deserve that? Someone give me a logical explanation. He is a good guy.

Why do you assume that God is perfect? Or even competent?

Think of the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

ruveyn

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 11:43 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
Argue as much as you like about how dumb, ugly people are still kind at heart, blah blah blah... The fact remains that smart, beautiful as*holes rule the world. Look at all the people who are successful: we have smart people like Bill Gates, Barack Obama, and Stephen Hawking, beautiful people like Megan Fox, Johnny Depp, and Robert Patterson, and as*holes like Steve Ballmer, Bill O'Reilly, and Kim Jong Il.

Dude, Megan Fox is butt ugly. How she ever got to be considered hot I will never know. :?

Alot of people have a weird twisted since of what is considered good looks and it's rather disturbing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 2:57 am

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Dude, Megan Fox is butt ugly. How she ever got to be considered hot I will never know. :?

a person could be "butt ugly" but as long as they had a nice butt their sex appeal will trump everything else, since after being made up they will look good enough for the cameras.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

JetLag wrote:

Then why make us look different at all, if appearance doesn't matter?
In fact, why do we care about appearance? Is it a ploy by the devil or another side-effect of eating fruit?

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 10:38 pm

Sand wrote:
Why assume God gives a damn?

Yep.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 2:28 am

Adversity is a blessing in that it provides one with the opportunity to develop and exercise virtue.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 6:57 am

Why not

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

My question would be, "Who says your friend is ugly?" Is this sort of thing decided by a majority vote?
Because I reject that. Maybe God creates "ugly"people because He doesn't see them as ugly. From
what I know of Him, I don't think He would ever understand the word the way we mean it.

I guess the same applies to us Aspies, no matter how often we are "voted down". I bet God can't see
what all the fuss is about.

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 1:46 pm

Your understanding of Christianity is childlike. That's an observation, not an insult.

If I were to play this game like I would with my kids, I'd tell you that God doesn't give a crap what people look like and cares even less how people want to fuss about beauty standards so he doesn't intervene when nature produces an ugly person. However, man has created science that will fix any ugly problem, allowing people to conform to the current man-made beauty standard of the prevailing culture.

So, rest assured that God loves your ugly lunch buddy just as much as he loves Brad Pitt, even if the chicks don't.

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2011, 4:14 pm

Sand wrote:
JetLag wrote:

Obviously, from reading the Bible, it's clear that God is ugly and stupid and he is prejudiced in that direction.

“He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.” Isaiah 53:2.

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 5:43 pm

Well, people need to stop being so shallow. We should just be happy to be alive and not be so superficial. I think we identify too much with our temporary identities. I view consciousness like a clay, and its in a very brief form and shape right now as we speak. I think the form is always gonna change, so the really thing we can really have hope in is treating each ofhter right and enjoying the cosmic journey wherever it takes us without being dicks to each other. Everyone should respect their selves, respect their surroundings , and respect each other.

rombomb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2011, 4:56 pm

please!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2011, 8:24 pm

God made man in his image.