Has anyone done a research paper on AS?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:18 pm

I am considering writing one on the topic. I have Guide To Asperger's by Tony Attwood and plan on buying Aspergirls and will look into some more books and other books as well. Any tips? For the Community College level (Not sure if this is every college sorry) It's 3,000 word rule (That's IF it's a regular paper that I THINK it is) and it mainly involves writing information and finding quotes mostly. I found Guide to Asperger's fascinating and writing about it seems like it'd be fun. The class is Social Problems and since Aspies HAVE Social Problems DING DING! I'm only a few pages into the class and found some interesting definitions. I was mainly looking to discuss our social problems and then branch from there. (Not sure what else yet.) :-) Thanks.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:51 pm

I was supposed to do one, but I never did it. I got a D in the class because I skipped the paper. Silly me.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:59 pm

WOW! Digging up info. facts is what I LIVE FOR as an ASPIE!! !! !! I'm going to wait until tomorrow to find out 100% what the rules are then I'm going to dive right in LOL! :-)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 7:17 pm

That's what I live for too...I just don't like to be told to do it. I like doing it for me, not for some professor who is just going to read it, put a mark on it, GIVE IT BACK TO ME (as if I don't have a spare copy) and never look at it again. That's like taking the time to prepare a wonderful gift for someone, and have them say "thanks" and give it back to you and never touch it again. So this is why I hate school.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:27 pm

:) Sounds like a great topic to do the paper in. Perhaps after its graded you could post a copy of it for us to read?

3000 words that sounds like a Gordon Rule class... but I know that you're taking SYG 2010 since the universities next to me have the same class.. and that's not a gordon rule class. Either way.. have fun writing it :D

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:36 pm

Dantac wrote:
:) Sounds like a great topic to do the paper in. Perhaps after its graded you could post a copy of it for us to read?

3000 words that sounds like a Gordon Rule class... but I know that you're taking SYG 2010 since the universities next to me have the same class.. and that's not a gordon rule class. Either way.. have fun writing it :D

they call it "gordon rule" I forgot what it was called. I'll find out tomorrow the rules for writing it then go to town. :-) Psychology is my special interest and HELL I wouldn't mind buying more AS books and reading them LOL!

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 2:39 pm

Sounds like fun! I wrote a paper on sensory issues in AS last year for my psychology class.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

I did a research paper in December for my Sociology class. It was on anti-gay bullying, and the public school environment for LGBT teens. I figured that because the plight of gay teens in public schools was being brought up all over the news at the time, I thought it would be an appropriate research topic.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

I've done a neuroscience paper on AS for class before. The research on AS is exploding! Just dig through the citations and reference section at the bottom of the link for a bunch of AS neuroscience studies!

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content ... /2203.full

Happy learning! :D