Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 5:58 am

I do hear a lotta gossip and I am guilty of gossip myself. In a way I dont feel its right because it can easily spread false rumors about a person and give other people false impressions of that person. People so often twist things giving their skewed opinions about so and so. I try not to gossip but its easy to fall into it when your around people who gossip constantly.

My moms and my sister are very gossipy. My mom was practically trying to teach me how to listen in on gossip and take it in and how people can bond thru gossip. This was at a time when I didnt understand the concept of gossip, I only picked up gossiping from having a super gossipy friend. He was so gossipy it was down to the point where he would make things up in an attempted good humor and just tell people wacky stories about someone. The thing is he was super believable, hes a very good liar. I picked up this whole, making up screwed up stories about someone. I will make something up about the person to their face in a joking manner. I dont tell that story to someone else tho. Ive tried to tell my mom recently to stop buying into gossip because its not fact its opinion. Sometimes I just think its ridiculous how my mom so easily buys into this stuff.