Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 9:17 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Israel's neighbors committing terrorist actions, killing civilian commuters with machine guns and bombs, launching rockets with emplacements in their own residential areas into Israeli residential areas, and generally being a pain for anyone who would want to live in peace? No? What else is new? Certainly not all members of every population of Israel's neighbors are crazier than rabid squirrels, but the ones who are certainly are and they continue to make living in peace an unattainable goal.

Exactly, thats why we need to start a week of academic lectures to address Palestinian terrorism. I wouldn't call for an end to Israeli Apartheid Week though. Blame the Palestinians all you want, but if you want true peace, you need to make the conditions on both sides that would result in peace.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 10:00 am

Yes, the endless anti-Jewish conspiracy never ends, people around them just happen to become "crazy as squirrels" - it can't be anything the Israelis ever do. The same thing went on around Apartheid South Africa by the way. Israel naturally helped South Africa in its efforts even helped develop atomic weapons together. South African Prime Minister John Vorster was received as a guest of honour in Israel despite his imprisonment for pro-Nazi activities during World War II.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 10:44 am

xenon13 wrote:
Yes, the endless anti-Jewish conspiracy never ends, people around them just happen to become "crazy as squirrels" - it can't be anything the Israelis ever do. The same thing went on around Apartheid South Africa by the way. Israel naturally helped South Africa in its efforts even helped develop atomic weapons together. South African Prime Minister John Vorster was received as a guest of honour in Israel despite his imprisonment for pro-Nazi activities during World War II.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 6:04 am

xenon13 wrote:
people around them just happen to become "crazy as squirrels"

Somehow you managed to get that from this:

Quote:
Certainly not all members of every population of Israel's neighbors are crazier than rabid squirrels, but the ones who are certainly are

Which I think qualifies as an excellent example of selective reading, also known as eisegesis.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 1:47 am

ruveyn wrote:
xenon13 wrote:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

ruveyn

As I recall, the right wing Jewish Stern organization had approached the Nazis during the Second World War, looking for help against the British. Needless to say, the Nazis rejected the offer of an alliance, and I would guess also informed the Stern gang they'd be smoke coming out of a crematorium chimney, soon.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer