29 Jan 2011, 8:35 pm

Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot...

Your turn.

And please refrain from ad hominem. Ruveyn has a THOROUGH knowledge of the OT and knows what he's talking about. He and I may disagree on the TNHK, but his perspective is valuable. He is correct that the TNHK was written for the Jews and not the Gentiles. IF he's being a snob, it's not related to what he knows about the OT.

Being Chosen sometimes goes to one's head. It shouldn't but sometimes it does.

ruveyn
It seems to do quite a few things to your brains since you profess atheism.

Actually, I don't. The "god" of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I believe, were extra-terrestrials (as natural as snow) who were busy violating the Prime Directive. Getting the Sea of Reeds to part was no mean technological feat.

ruveyn
I wonder if groveling before aliens qualifies you as being non-religious.

Lol.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 6:11 am

Sand wrote:

I gave up groveling for Lent.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2011, 9:29 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

I gave up groveling for Lent.

ruveyn

Giving up pleasures for Lent can be tough. But I doubt aliens would be pleased. Watch out for lightning bolts.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 9:11 pm

Frieslander wrote:
raisedbyignorance wrote:
Frieslander wrote:

Well the gullible and more Fundamentalist Christians will definitely think this way...they'll probably think that your meltdowns are caused by the devil and will form an exorcist to drive the devil outta ya or something. But I detest you and I and many on WP know better. God was just a little screwy when he made us. We still have the power of choice and ethics and we all want to control our meltdowns but that is rather difficult for us. God knows that. Our meltdowns are just part of our human nature not some evil possession.

Oh, I don't throw tantrums very often. My mind shuts down occasionally because of anxiety. When I am very anxious, my brother can't stand it and often interprets it as anger, even though I am not angry with him. I'll call - livnig along I need someone to talk to, and I have several mental illnesses - and he interprets a lot of things I say as being about anger, but usually I am not angry with him, not angry at all, but anxious.

Trying to to control it too much, for me, can lead to repression and not identifiying what is really going on.

You detest me?

DETEST IS SUCH a strong word. I really meant that I tend to want to lose control. I guess I wish that RaisdedbyIgnorance would understand and respond.

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2011, 1:59 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I don't believe in devils. People can be evil and should own up to their own intrinsic badness, not blame it on some devil or mystical entity that "made them do it."
So, that's another way Christianity and I part...they want to believe in Satan and demons while I don't agree.

I believe in devils, because I've seen them and seen photographs of them: dust-devils and Tasmanian devils. I believe in deviled eggs, and I absolutely blame them for my colon backfiring when I eat them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 3:20 pm

mightypen515 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I don't believe in devils. People can be evil and should own up to their own intrinsic badness, not blame it on some devil or mystical entity that "made them do it."
So, that's another way Christianity and I part...they want to believe in Satan and demons while I don't agree.

I believe in devils, because I've seen them and seen photographs of them: dust-devils and Tasmanian devils. I believe in deviled eggs, and I absolutely blame them for my colon backfiring when I eat them.

None of these are Statan, the Adversary.

ruveyn

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2011, 10:21 pm

ruveyn wrote:
mightypen515 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

ruveyn

Well...maybe not the dust-devil since that's an environmental happenstance, and probably not the Tasmanian devil, because that's an animal...not sure I agree about the deviled eggs, though. The deviled eggs certainly are not the bringer of light, but definitely the bringer of methane and pain.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 10:26 pm

ruveyn wrote:
mightypen515 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

ruveyn

It's Satan ... not Statan.

MCalavera

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2011, 11:02 pm

MCalavera wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
mightypen515 wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

ruveyn

It's Satan ... not Statan.

MCalavera

Well...I don't know about that either. Try saying Satan with food in your mouth.