Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ravingjoy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2011, 8:08 pm

I asked my son this after he was just recently diagnosed and then I discovered I was too, and I have always known I was bisexual from 5 yrs old, tho now at 59 for the last 10 yrs have been identifying lesbian, and have no desire to ever have a male lover again.

My son came out bisexual at the age of 30 and I had always suspected as much, thought he might be gay as a child, but started dating women.

He says it has to do with mirroring.

I think maybe it's just not listening to all the social conventions as much. Or a Pleadian thing. hmmm.....or the shaman thing, many shamans are bisexual, read that somewhere. traditionally at least.

Socially, I'm way done with men, live around mostly gay men, I enjoy their company, and go to lesbian parties. ok with me. Love my gayborhood.

sara_emt91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2011, 8:56 pm

I once read an article somewhere saying it was more common for Aspies to have problems with identifying their sexual preference. I think its because we don't always understand ourselves along with social norms, people called me a dyke and lesbian since elementary school, but it wasn't until I was about 13 or 14 I realized how true it actually was. I've dated men, I would like a male partner, however I feel more attracted to women. Its hard since I don't want to label myself as bi or lez, and more annoying as to how unaccepting people are if you aren't heterosexual!

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2011, 2:04 am

Yes

8)

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 10:32 am

vileseagulls wrote:
Bloodheart wrote:
IF aspies are more likely to be bisexual (or pansexual, or asexual) I'd think it would be because we can be less confined by social norms

Agreed. I'm bi, and my only concern with it was that I was christian at the time. Once I determined that I was comfortable with it, and asked if my church was and was told no, the church was what went. I'm practical that way. :p (For the record - that wasn't when I became an atheist, no one jump down my throat.) As an example of trusting my own thoughts over social norms.

I'm an atheist too. I'm gay on the spectrum of bi.

spectre6691
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Well as an aspie who is also bisexual and a psychology student, there is research suggesting that everyone is bisexual to varying degrees.

Its called the Kinsey scale and it runs from 1 to 6

1 implies attracted to the opposite gender and 6 implies to same

The theory suggests that everyone is bisexual however in a majority of cases one impulse overrides the other.
I am a 3 on the scale relatively even, however that is pretty uncommon.

Chinese aspie 4444
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Oct 2018, 4:54 am

I am a Chinese aspie me and many of my other aspie friends are bisexual too , so there is probably a link between ASD and bisexual.
ps I even have sex with an male aspies and a female aspie before.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Oct 2018, 5:23 am

Welcome to WP, Chinese aspie 4444!

You seem to get the best of both worlds then!

Never had a physical attraction towards the fairer sex myself. Couldn't get it to work.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 9:45 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
The whole "bisexual" thing these days should be taken with a grain of salt. It's really trendy to be bisexual now you know, and trying to pick out real ones is as pointless as trying to say whether one brain type is more bisexual than others.

THANK YOU!! ! YOU ARE A GIFT FROM GOD!! !!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 4:00 pm

Even though I identify myself as straight, my mom (who takes pride in being an LGBT-phobe) has accused me of being gay because my GF and I know many people at our school who identify themselves as LGBT.

Just because we know people who are LGBT does not mean we'll become bi ourselves. In fact, if my mom ever finds out about my GF, she will go crazy and demand everything about my GF from me.

As for the question, it's hard to say if someone with AS is more likely to be bisexual, but IMO, it would depend on how a person on the spectrum is raised. Given my upbringing in a Catholic household, I was taught that if a person identifies as gay, bi, or transgender, it should be considered a rejection of God, but IMO, that idea is just dumb.

In fact, my GF (who is also Catholic) and I often volunteer at LGBT-related events at our school whenever we get recruited to do so.