Post here if you will be single on Valentine's Day

Page 6 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 10:33 am

emlion wrote:
exactly. if he was fighting for you - i'd be rooting for both of you.

LOL, not that it's anything to do with me. :lol:
i do like to give my opinions.

It's okay. I like giving my opinion too. XD

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 2:27 pm

Sorry to Hyperbole, and to Erisad. (((((((hugs)))))))

Taking a break.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 9:15 pm

zen_mistress wrote:

Thanks. *hugs* I'll be okay. Seriously, I feel fine. >.>

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
better to know now

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 10:20 pm

People always say that. But it doesnt make finding out any more fun....

Taking a break.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 3:08 pm

I don't think much about Valentine's Day. My ex makes a big deal and even gets the kids stuff which I think is well, stupid. But its always candy so hey, they take it. What I think is creepy is that he makes them buy me a little something. Erisad, talk about the mom getting involved. My ex's mom a few years ago, was telling my mom that we might be getting back together. My mom asked me about it and I just started laughing. I think that cleared the confusion up.

Did anyone else do this?
When I was in grade school everyone decorated bags hung them along a wall. Everyone walked along putting the valentine cards in them. I got the idea to put "secret admirer" on some extras I had and added them to some bags. It was so funny and caused such a stir.

@emlion - I would have loved the antiprom, I actually went to prom and it sucked with the exception of my wonderful date the band seemed to know only four songs.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

curlyfry wrote:
Erisad, talk about the mom getting involved. My ex's mom a few years ago, was telling my mom that we might be getting back together. My mom asked me about it and I just started laughing. I think that cleared the confusion up.

Lol, that's hilarious. XD

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 4:13 pm

Quote:
@emlion - I would have loved the antiprom, I actually went to prom and it sucked with the exception of my wonderful date the band seemed to know only four songs.

It was awesome; we stayed in our pajamas' all day, i love not having to get out of my PJs.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 5:18 pm

This valentines day is going to be absolutely painful. I might stay in my house that whole day just to avoid it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 6:03 pm

I honestly have to say I don't know. In a long term sense I can almost guarantee I'll be single but, I might be testing the waters with someone with whom there's a lot of long term potential. That conversation is in progress, it will be interesting to see where that and a few dates go.

:fingers crossed:

MelyssaK
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Feb 2011, 7:33 pm

Me, me! I will! I broke up with former boyfriend at the end of the last college semester. Relationships are too much drama for me at this point in my life and with my current level of relationship "willingness" and maturity.

NickfromCali
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2011, 7:59 pm

I will be single for Valentine's day and most of me won't care one bit.

PS I promised myself I wouldn't get married until EVERYONE (gay or straight) can marry the consenting adult of their choice (No NAMBLA or man-on-dog marriages allowed)

JCC

03 Feb 2011, 4:13 pm

At this point and age in my life, I really think of it as another day. And if love finds me great! if not well, mabey some other time. :wink:

JCC.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

04 Feb 2011, 1:40 pm

As normal, I will be single, I think. Unless something amazing happens between now and then. I will be in Spain helping a family there do some parties, so who knows. Everyone has told me that I'll find a guy there, but, honestly, I don't think so. I am not that social, so they'll probably think I'm a typical American with no sense of respect for any other nationality.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

ayra wrote:
As normal, I will be single, I think. Unless something amazing happens between now and then. I will be in Spain helping a family there do some parties, so who knows. Everyone has told me that I'll find a guy there, but, honestly, I don't think so. I am not that social, so they'll probably think I'm a typical American with no sense of respect for any other nationality.

On the bright side though, your going to Europe! That's still a lot more than most people can say (welll..unless they already live there) and I'm almost a little jealous on that account :). If I've successfully learned one thing in my life its that if you tend to be quiet or not super social, you can diminish people's assumptions a lot just by acting as though its not a problem or as if you're not used to it being labeled one way or another for that, doing so helps change the score a lot when it comes to nonverbal communication.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 4:25 pm

I got an email from PAYPAL today reminding me of Valentines Day and giving me a nudge to go and buy something for 'the woman' in my life.
They can`t even get the sexual orientation of my ficticious partner right, what hope is there of me not being single for the 45th year of my life. :D