Page 1831 of 2525 [ 40386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1828, 1829, 1830, 1831, 1832, 1833, 1834 ... 2525  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 3:28 am

smudge wrote:
I WILL fix this. I promise myself.

I will motherf*cking fix this.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 10:17 am

Leaving the house.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 2:49 pm

Odd socks.

It's ridiculous.

Society says we need even socks.

But as long as texture's same, it's just aesthetics.

Means we have to buy a new pair just cos one sock has a hole in it.

Means we have to buy a new pair if one sock is missing.

Don't think mum agrees. She holds back all my socks where one went missing til we find the pair.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 6:47 pm

I could've cared less but you know what?.. Here's a summary of my personal conspiracy theory. :lol:

Underneath the protests, the debates, and distrust was this ever perpetuated cycle of those who had started it all.

Those who had started it all knew things.
They know how to take advantage of one's anxieties along to where it extends -- be it ego, sympathy, whatever sentiments they carry, and they knew people would act upon it.

Take the pleasures and things dubbed as 'luxury', people get anxious.
Face them with punishment or anything that staves the people's anxieties off, obviously, people get anxious.

The concept of norm is just one of them.
The concept of a 'stable' society is also one of them.

No, as long as people do not see beyond act-and-react, they won't get the lesson.
And even some had, pit them in the frontlines they'd get caught up in it with the rest who had yet to get it.

Plenty tried to snap those who are affected in a sense, but they're still in this cycle, not really seeing anything beyond that.
They can dream, of something or a result of that would break the cycle.

But if the majority played their cards right, maybe they'd be a step closer to that dream...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 04 Jun 2020, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 6:48 pm

KT67 wrote:
Odd socks.

It's ridiculous.

Society says we need even socks.

But as long as texture's same, it's just aesthetics.

Means we have to buy a new pair just cos one sock has a hole in it.

Means we have to buy a new pair if one sock is missing.

Don't think mum agrees. She holds back all my socks where one went missing til we find the pair.

My feet say they need socks, but beyond that I'll wear any two that are the same texture just like you. Do you do your own laundry? If they're your socks, don't allow them to be thrown out if you don't want them to be.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 8:58 am

Honestly?
My most ideal empath is a stoic empath.
They'd not only swallow and digest their own feelings whole, but also others' they'd come across.
And therefore they don't compel simply because they sense, they're in control and they choose accordingly.

Unfortunately, the stereotype of the empath was this dormant, vulnerable and needy.
And is benevolent and supposedly conscientious -- but no, not really if that's mainly rooted from keeping from or directly from the discomfort of others, if not guilt itself, and therefore compulsively accommodate, give and 'do good'.
'Compulsive' is a huge, huge red light on my personal paths' radar. :skull:

I'd get 'bored' and do nonsense on a whim with all it's consequences alright, but be compelled into compromise or worse? Nuh uh.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 11:14 am

Going to my friend's place and spending the night on Sunday :D

My Tumblr

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2020, 1:29 pm

Awesome! Is that a picture of you or of Dana Sculley from the XFiles? I'm curious about that.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 5:41 pm

I think I've finally reached the age (32) where movies where watching movies where teenagers talk about sex makes me feel really uncomfortable. I don't have a problem w teens watching that stuff but personally? I'm out.

I wish they made more romantic movies for adults esp lgbt ones and ones where one partner doesn't change their entire identity for the other/so there's a plot/to become 'cool'.

I swear Never Been Kissed and She's the Man and 10 Things I Hate About You weren't quite that sexual even if they were obsessed w popularity and completely changing yourself nonsense. They were obsessed w girl getting the guy and getting a kiss and a date.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 5:44 pm

KT67 wrote:
I think I've finally reached the age (32) where movies where watching movies where teenagers talk about sex makes me feel really uncomfortable. I don't have a problem w teens watching that stuff but personally? I'm out.

I wish they made more romantic movies for adults esp lgbt ones and ones where one partner doesn't change their entire identity for the other/so there's a plot/to become 'cool'.

I swear Never Been Kissed and She's the Man and 10 Things I Hate About You weren't quite that sexual even if they were obsessed w popularity and completely changing yourself nonsense. They were obsessed w girl getting the guy and getting a kiss and a date.

I'm surprised no one at the time realized how squicky Never Been Kissed can be on some levels. If Drew Barrymore's character was male (regardless of orientation) or a lesbian people would have s**t bricks.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 6:43 pm

Hokieman7 wrote:
Awesome! Is that a picture of you or of Dana Sculley from the XFiles? I'm curious about that.

It's Scully :D Wish it were me though :lol:

My Tumblr

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 7:17 pm

Wondering when my cell phone will be fully charged. :roll:

I had business to take care of earlier today, but I did not take my cell phone with me
because it had only 15-20 percent of battery left.

I returned home about an hour ago and my cell phone now has about 40 percent of battery.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 10:10 pm

I do not understand the mentality of the rioters and looters in America as they are bringing a curse on themselves and their people of years of discrimination and misstrust. How come they can not see that? It is logical. It is how things work.
One has to earn respect through ones good deeds and through love. One has to build it up as a reputation of good character

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 10:13 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I do not understand the mentality of the rioters and looters in America as they are bringing a curse on themselves and their people of years of discrimination and misstrust. How come they can not see that? It is logical. It is how things work.
One has to earn respect through ones good deeds and through love. One has to build it up as a reputation of good character

One has to believe there's hope for improvement in order to focus on that reality.

Isabella I think it was posted a really relevant image macro I'll try to locate.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:05 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

From my point of view, they're being played into just reacting. And reacting.
In fact most humans are groomed to do so -- which makes NTs themselves the biggest victims of all and not entirely realizing it.

With enough provocation, they don't see the logic behind it -- all they see is 'they' dubbed as 'wrong' and 'them' dubbed as 'right'.
And not much beyond that except feed the negative image and perpetuate the cycle. :|

And those people that the so-called 'realists' likes to laugh at?
I'd say don't be fooled by their optimism and faith.

So-called realists presume this optimism and faith is but some defense mechanism to escape *their* reality.
When in truth that there is no fear or anger for them to keep at bay or cope at to start with, very unlike them.

Those people at that corner? They're the kinds who can see through the whole thing.
They knew better than feed the needless cycle in the first place by focusing elsewhere.

Then people just mocks them. :lol:
Said people knew not, but adding more fuel to the fire and kept shooting blanks.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:23 am

Has the number of topics per page in the threads list been reduced recently? The pages look smaller to me.

:?