Page 2012 of 2524 [ 40377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 ... 2524  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:49 pm

Hoping I can convince magz to let me post a leaving topic so others will know about my exile.

This will get ignored as usual.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:53 pm

There's what it is.
Then there's what it can be.

Not everyone knows or understands the bridge between the two well.

Emphasized the two, separately, without any bridge in between, will go in extremes of what it cannot 'be' or the talks of "should be's" and appealing to fallacies. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 12:57 pm

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:18 pm

One cannot be a fish and fly. Or climb and live on trees. Or sing. Or use tools. Or get mental health issues unlike us superior humans.

*Waits for a "Not all X do" remark* :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:30 pm

Edna3362 wrote:

It's not quite the same. It's hard to claim you're part of something with a long-established ideology but also be hostile to core tenets of that ideology. A homophobic punk is like a pro-billionaire communist, the two are inherently at odds.

Among things, that's why nationalist-leaning oi! bands and hardcore bands that promote antichoice or homophobic messages don't get accepted as punk bands even if they're musically indistinguishable and even if they embrace other ideas that are more typical of punk ideology.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

It's not quite the same. It's hard to claim you're part of something with a long-established ideology but also be hostile to core tenets of that ideology. A homophobic punk is like a pro-billionaire communist, the two are inherently at odds.

Among things, that's why nationalist-leaning oi! bands and hardcore bands that promote antichoice or homophobic messages don't get accepted as punk bands even if they're musically indistinguishable and even if they embrace other elements.

Hmmm...

Do you know exactly what I'm talking about here? :o

By the way...
I don't do SJW stuff. :lol: Or anti-SJW altogether. Because it's too annoying. :twisted:
Or PPR-ish. Because many western social movements do not match the reality here or is irrelevant from where I came from.

And... In logic... :lol: I may not even talking about logic. :skull: But anyone's welcome to assume it's about logic.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:42 pm

Wondering when transphobes will shut their mouths and start spending their free time doing something other than complaining about what other people choose to do with their bodies.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:42 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Among things, that's why nationalist-leaning oi! bands and hardcore bands that promote antichoice or homophobic messages don't get accepted as punk bands even if they're musically indistinguishable and even if they embrace other elements.

Hmmm...

By the way...
I don't do SJW stuff. :lol: Or anti-SJW altogether. Because it's too annoying. :twisted:
Or PPR-ish. Because many western social movements do not match the reality here or is irrelevant from where I came from.

And... In logic... :lol: I may not even talking about logic. :skull: But anyone's welcome to assume it's about logic.

I might not know, but if it was a response to the picture I posted then I'll stand by what I said. There's always debate within that circle over what exactly makes up the ideology but overall it's been pretty SJW since long before the term SJW existed.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:45 pm

Tired of others downplaying my struggles because apparently they aren’t as bad as some even though it’s clear I have nowhere to go. Even people who have historically struggled tend to have places to go but there is none for me.

This post will probably be ignored like usual since so many here want me gone.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Hmmm...

By the way...

I might not know, but if it was a response to the picture I posted then I'll stand by what I said. There's always debate within that circle over what exactly makes up the ideology but overall it's been pretty SJW since long before the term SJW existed.

I don't do ideologies either. :lol:

Basically do not think of ideologies altogether.
Like the Bible and my reading comprehension -- while I can read it out loud, it's mostly incoherent in context and meaning to me.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:48 pm

I'm wondering when shops will stop making disabled people stand outside for hours in the sun (Covid), and comply with regional Disability and Discrimination laws?

Will they ever implement a different protocol for people needing accommodation / accessibility support?

Who legislates ableism?

I'm on this with the media already. They'd better be prepared for what's coming.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 1:58 pm

Tracker this past weeks says: me falling asleep is ranging between 12 midnight to 5AM.
And waking range between 7AM to 1PM. Typically around 9-12 hours long.

If the sleep is too short or crappier in quality, I'd fall asleep in the middle of the day, typically between 3PM to 5PM, around 2-5 hours long.

No working days. No exhausting activities. No significant change in diet. No regimes or daily routines.
Low to nonexistent caffeine. No alcohol. Low-mid exercise. Occassional meditation. No meds.
Screen time length of 4 hrs to 12 hours a day.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 2:06 pm

I wish I could know from some others if they are still my friends or no longer consider me a friend. I’d rather get a definite answer than be left wondering.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 2:43 pm

If WP has a creepypasta...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 2:50 pm

Menu-planning for the June Solstice "Bacchanalia" potluck at my house.  I prefer the traditional American haut cuisine of burgers, brats, and beer.  My wife wants a more Philippine menu of garlic-fried rice, broiled salmon, sinagang na baboy, impanadas, lumpia, and puto.  Her relatives want lasagne, chocolate brownies, and lots of steamed white rice.

(Coincidently, it is also Fathers' Day.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 3:56 pm

Marknis wrote:
Tired of others downplaying my struggles because apparently they aren’t as bad as some even though it’s clear I have nowhere to go. Even people who have historically struggled tend to have places to go but there is none for me.

This post will probably be ignored like usual since so many here want me gone.

Trying to compare people’s struggles and trying to say that one person has it better/worse than someone else is complete rubbish. Sure, there are some things that need to be put in perspective, but that’s mostly just trivial things, in my opinion (like someone going on and on about how they didn’t get ketchup in their take-out bag for their fries). And complaining about something in front of someone else who doesn’t even have that at all will understandably probably upset the other person. But other people having worse struggles does nothing to actually help a situation. For example, being reminded that some people are homeless doesn’t do anything to help someone who is concerned about having the money to pay rent because they had to pay to have a repair done on their car. Or knowing that some people have more serious forms of cancer doesn’t mean that chemo can’t still be awful for me. Trying to invalidate someone else’s problems, especially if they are clearly upset about it, is just cruel.

I do apologize if there have been times I should have said this elsewhere, I probably missed it. I don’t typically go into romance/relationship threads because I have nothing to offer there, and sometimes I skim through your threads and only really read your posts in them, and not necessarily others. Any ignoring has been entirely unintentional.

Marknis wrote:
I wish I could know from some others if they are still my friends or no longer consider me a friend. I’d rather get a definite answer than be left wondering.

I’m kind of trying to avoid real friendships because I’ve realized that at least without some serious self-improvement I am not real friendship material and I just feel worse if I’m hurting people besides myself, but I do consider you about as close as I get to a friend these days.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"