What is your social life in High school like?

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 5:03 pm

I had a surface social life. Like, could talk to people at school but it didn't go any deeper than that.

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

Yeah. Like I had many aquatinces but I never hang out with anyone out side of school. I am easily forgoten about and I feel so lonely. I was invited a few times to someone I know friends house but they almost forgot about me, but then I reminded them to let me come. I don't know why I am so lonely. I never been anywhere with my friends I always feel so jelious when I hear one of my aquatinces says that they are going to a movie but I am allways like "Oh, OK." I find that really depressing.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 7:30 am

I have one or two friends, but I'm mostly happy with that situation. Most of my friends are online.

NatureFantasy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2011, 10:50 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
I had a surface social life. Like, could talk to people at school but it didn't go any deeper than that.

user1001 wrote:
Yeah. Like I had many aquatinces but I never hang out with anyone out side of school. I am easily forgoten about and I feel so lonely. I was invited a few times to someone I know friends house but they almost forgot about me, but then I reminded them to let me come. I don't know why I am so lonely. I never been anywhere with my friends I always feel so jelious when I hear one of my aquatinces says that they are going to a movie but I am allways like "Oh, OK." I find that really depressing.

Yeah, I'm the same as you guys.

john93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2011, 6:07 am

Many acquaintances which seem to like me but don't get closer (distant and superficial relationships), even if I try to.
a few closer people but I am always the one needing to take action to make something happen :(

and about 5 bastards who need a bat slammed in their necks real hard who f****d up my high school life :(

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:11 pm

Social life? What social life? In high school I was an outsider. Outside of class (isn't that why we go to school in the first place), I had minimal interaction with other students and had practically given up on trying to make friends. In class, on the other hand (especially in my senior year when I was in the advanced classes and such), I would interact with others regularly.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:13 pm

I went through quite a few different friendships throughout highschool, but it wasn't until the end of year 10 when I'd found my niche. In year 11 I had a good school social life, I mostly hung out with younger people and I got on well with the SEN kids. Obviously I didn't have as many friends as the others in my year and they weren't exactly the populars, but I didn't care. I was happy with my friends, and the people in the SENCO crowd liked me too.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:48 pm

MONKEY wrote:
I went through quite a few different friendships throughout highschool, but it wasn't until the end of year 10 when I'd found my niche. In year 11 I had a good school social life, I mostly hung out with younger people and I got on well with the SEN kids. Obviously I didn't have as many friends as the others in my year and they weren't exactly the populars, but I didn't care. I was happy with my friends, and the people in the SENCO crowd liked me too.

my story is very similar:

i went 9th and 10th grade without any real friends at school and now im in 11th grade i made friends with a fellow Junior named Cheyenne Schoonover and we like besties now though in total i can count on one hand my true friends that i actually trust she is just my best school friend

i have a small number of trusted friends and because im an aspie pacifist i also possess quite a few "friends" who claim to be friends yet treat me like crap whenever they can and i cant confront them about it because i dont got a confrontational nature course those so called "friends" bully me more than actual bullies i just hate it how they say that they are friends and then do everything they can to put me down

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2011, 2:47 pm

user1001 wrote:
I am 17 male and junior and I would like to know how is your social life in high school like? I am finding it very lonely and depressing while I get jelous of other poeople haveing friends and stuff. I never get invited anywhere and I am stuck doing the same thing over and over on the weekends. I get extremely bored and it feels repeditive. I also have ASD or aspurgers but I am not so sure. What is high school life like for you? Or how has it been for you?

Hi, I'm a senior in high school at the moment, 18 years old by the way. I had the same problem till last year. I used to get very jealous of others because they had a life, and I was stuck at home because my friends never thought that I would want to go places with them. And I could never really say I had a friend when I moved in the summer of 5th grade till last year. Besides when I had one friend who I did everything with in 7th grade but she is gone now, moved to Flordia. This year though, I've opened up, very little though. I still get bullied and teased a lot, but I find it more tolorable now since I can smart off back to them. I still get jealous though of my friends because I don't think they like me all that much. Two of them invite me to do things with them, but out of my whole group, I'm mostly in the shadows.

I mostly hang around 5 people, and only 2 of them are really trusted friends. One of them has been teaching me how to act, since I have a nack of saying the wrong things at the wrong time. Another one, we have had our ups and downs but now I trust her, she understand now about asperger's syndrome and all now. If I'm not around them though, I'm mostly in my safe place in the band room....though now that has been ruined for a hour and a half a day, my class, by a little...I'm not saying the word, who can't get when to be quiet and not insult my section of the band.

Memories are only as great as people make them, so make every moment as memorable as it can be.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:41 am

What social life?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 10:32 am

I talk to people at school but instead of a social feeling it's a "Put up" feeling. I put up with people not socialize with them. Except for two friends.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 10:35 am

Fun all day aside from the second period spare. Holy boring.

I should've chosen math or something so that I'd actually have some difficulty. Instead I went and chose three classes that I am nearly a genius in.

The other four years kinda sucked though. I go to a catholic school, but I'm agnostic. Religion is a required credit. :\ I quite enjoyed world religion class though. Catholic religion class was boring as heck.

igniz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

High school wasn't bad really, I was in with the nerd posse and we did a bunch of stuff together, apart from that it was mostly surface socializing. I also had a girlfriend in grades 9/10 and 12 (both relationships lasted 9 months in the serious phase), the latter of which really had a lasting positive impact on me and who I still talk to and hang out with. It's been the 2 years out of high school/not in college that have posed a lot more difficulty.

Rammfreak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Mar 2011, 2:49 pm

my social life (at school) isn't that bad actually. the whole class likes me, they laugh about most of the jokes I make, and sometimes I have good conversations with them.

while on the other side, my social life outside of school is a wreck, I go to a few birthdays a year and that's it. on rare occasion I do get asked out to have fun (at a bar or something) and while my friends are out dancing I just sit there sipping my drink.

Mouldy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

High school for me started out kinda strange i hung out with the freinds i made from my previous school and by the end of it all i left with some great memories and great freinds if i could i would do my who school career again and i guess an aspie saying that must come across as weird but the sad days never really out weighed the good so to speak.

My favorite letter is the squiggly! ~ :D

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2011, 9:59 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I talk to people at school but instead of a social feeling it's a "Put up" feeling. I put up with people not socialize with them. Except for two friends.

That's how I would describe it as well.