04 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jono wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I hope it stays free. It will probably be my only way of getting relationships at this point since the men in my area are bigoted racists and/or high school dropouts. :/

Don't you have a boyfriend?

I did until Monday night. :(

Was he a high school drop out or a racist?

Nope because he didn't live around my hometown. The guys at college are a little better with that but I still haven't seen anyone that has really sparked my interest, hence why I turned to OkCupid. If it becomes a paysite, there goes my chance of meeting people until I move somewhere that actually has decent men. Is it so hard to ask to date a guy that's not a cheating scumbucket or a spineless momma's boy? I have yet to date one that hasn't been in either of those categories. [/rant] :/

"See the man with the lonely eyes
Take his hand, you'll be surprised"

I'm sure not every single guy is like those kind, around your way. You'll find most guys are like that everywhere you go though. You probably should be able to tell if a guy is a cheating scumbucket, cause he'll most likely be acting like a twat, or being slimmey and overly nice. You've only got yourself to blame if you go for that type.

The ones that would go for me are that way. Good guys just don't like me I guess. >.<

I can't tell when he's being nice vs. overly nice. I've been treated like crap so much that I consider decent behavior that most human beings should do as "nice." Besides, I can't read people very well. I have gotten better in normal social interactions but I can't read as well in romantic situations. D:

Well if you can tell they're that way, just laugh them off. You're probably just not looking in the right places.

When the guy is trying very hard to make out like your his buddy, thats usually a sign. Or using loads of pet names.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:08 pm

murphycop wrote:
Well if you can tell they're that way, just laugh them off. You're probably just not looking in the right places.

When the guy is trying very hard to make out like your his buddy, thats usually a sign. Or using loads of pet names.

Then where are the right places? I've joined clubs and activities, I go to bars, I've tried looking online, so where else is left that I actually have access to? Also, guys don't hit on me in real life. I almost always make the first move (unless it's online, that's the only place where guys have talked to me first), which pretty much says that I am not worth pursuing because if I was, guys would be flirting with me and stuff. :/

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:18 pm

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Then where are the right places? I've joined clubs and activities, I go to bars, I've tried looking online, so where else is left that I actually have access to? Also, guys don't hit on me in real life. I almost always make the first move (unless it's online, that's the only place where guys have talked to me first), which pretty much says that I am not worth pursuing because if I was, guys would be flirting with me and stuff. :/

I don't know, an evening class for something you enjoy? Clubs and activities is the right idea. I think people usually meet at work, or through work, depending on what you do. Bars are pretty much a no go. Well maybe online is the right way for you.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:33 pm

murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

I don't know, an evening class for something you enjoy? Clubs and activities is the right idea. I think people usually meet at work, or through work, depending on what you do. Bars are pretty much a no go. Well maybe online is the right way for you.

I work at the Women's Center and the GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning) Resource Center. So yeah, the chances of me finding a straight man there that I would be interested in are very slim. Also, isn't it considered really bad to date someone from work? I was always told that it never leads to anything but trouble and unemployment. :/

That's why I'm scared about OkCupid charging money for their site. If they do that, they are taking away the ONLY way for me to find love. as*holes.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:38 pm

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

I work at the Women's Center and the GLBTQ (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning) Resource Center. So yeah, the chances of me finding a straight man there that I would be interested in are very slim. Also, isn't it considered really bad to date someone from work? I was always told that it never leads to anything but trouble and unemployment. :/

That's why I'm scared about OkCupid charging money for their site. If they do that, they are taking away the ONLY way for me to find love. as*holes.

Oh!

Its not the only way.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Feb 2011, 5:40 pm

OKCupid has stated that they will always remain free. I think Match purchased them to diversify their portfolio. The guy running OKCupid said they were to remain independently operated.

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Well if you can tell they're that way, just laugh them off.
You're probably just not looking in the right places.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:42 pm

murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Oh!

Its not the only way.

For me it is because apparently I'm not attractive enough in real life to grab a man's attention, especially with all the much better looking girls I hang out with. I'll need liposuction to even get close to being as beautiful as they are. :(

I have no friends at home so any time I'm out, I'm with my mother and guys would never approach a girl who's with her mother.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:46 pm

alex wrote:
OKCupid has stated that they will always remain free. I think Match purchased them to diversify their portfolio. The guy running OKCupid said they were to remain independently operated.

Yaaaay! I would probably know that if I didn't delete my account when I started dating someone from there. s**t, I gotta make my profile all over again. I knew I should have just disabled it. >.<

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:57 pm

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Oh!

Its not the only way.

For me it is because apparently I'm not attractive enough in real life to grab a man's attention, especially with all the much better looking girls I hang out with. I'll need liposuction to even get close to being as beautiful as they are. :(

I have no friends at home so any time I'm out, I'm with my mother and guys would never approach a girl who's with her mother.

Maybe join a gym?

Unless they're into that kind of thing lol. Like I said, join some kind of evening class you enjoy, you could go on your own.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 7:20 pm

murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Oh!

Its not the only way.

Maybe join a gym?

Unless they're into that kind of thing lol. Like I said, join some kind of evening class you enjoy, you could go on your own.

I use the gym whenever I can at the university. It's just that the damn snow has caused it to close down so much that I have been completely knocked out of my routine. I would exercise in my room but my roommate is there and I prefer to either be exercising in a large group or completely alone. I don't want anyone seeing me jiggle unattractively. Besides, I'm on college food right now. Losing weight is impossible. >.<

Um...the only classes in my hometown are for knitting, exercise classes, and Christian groups. None of these will land me a man I want. :/

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 7:30 pm

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Oh!

Its not the only way.

Maybe join a gym?

I use the gym whenever I can at the university. It's just that the damn snow has caused it to close down so much that I have been completely knocked out of my routine. I would exercise in my room but my roommate is there and I prefer to either be exercising in a large group or completely alone. I don't want anyone seeing me jiggle unattractively. Besides, I'm on college food right now. Losing weight is impossible. >.<

Um...the only classes in my hometown are for knitting, exercise classes, and Christian groups. None of these will land me a man I want. :/

you don't have to eat college food do you?

Why wouldn't a man you want be at an exercise class?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 7:42 pm

murphycop wrote:

I live on campus, therefore I am required to have a meal plan with them. I have been eating less of it because of my schedule but that hasn't been doing any good either.

He would want me there but he doesn't want to meet me there. A panting, sweaty fat ass isn't necessarily attractive. Why would he go for me when there probably are more attractive women in that class to keep themselves from getting to where I am? Why wait for me to lose the weight when there's a girl 10 feet away who's already gorgeous? It makes no sense for him to want me. :'(

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 3:52 am

Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

I live on campus, therefore I am required to have a meal plan with them. I have been eating less of it because of my schedule but that hasn't been doing any good either.

He would want me there but he doesn't want to meet me there. A panting, sweaty fat ass isn't necessarily attractive. Why would he go for me when there probably are more attractive women in that class to keep themselves from getting to where I am? Why wait for me to lose the weight when there's a girl 10 feet away who's already gorgeous? It makes no sense for him to want me. :'(

Well here´s the thing love doesnt allways have to make sense(as a matter of fact IMO most of the times it doesnt make any sense).

Your recent relationship has improved your self steem and its not like you are back at step one. I believe you have done a lot of improvement lately and once a man is able to notice this and some sort of future potencial it would make no sense to choose anyone else.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 6:36 am

I hope this didn't happen. I've just started using Okcupid!

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 10:21 am

alex wrote:

I'm glad to hear that. I think I'm still going to be using OKCupid for a while.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2011, 10:48 am

spongy wrote:
Erisad wrote:
murphycop wrote:

Well here´s the thing love doesnt allways have to make sense(as a matter of fact IMO most of the times it doesnt make any sense).

Your recent relationship has improved your self steem and its not like you are back at step one. I believe you have done a lot of improvement lately and once a man is able to notice this and some sort of future potencial it would make no sense to choose anyone else.

I feel like I'm back at step one. I feel like everything he told me doesn't matter anymore. I'm beautiful but not good enough to fight my mother for. So basically, I was only beautiful when it's convenient for him. D: