4 - 7 correct 54%  54%  [ 29 ]
8 - 10 correct 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 54

grad_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2011, 7:07 pm

Kiseki wrote:
Are there any video tests around? I'd love to just be able to watch some people interacting in a non-biased manner, and try to figure out what each person is feeling. I think that'd make a good test.

Hmm, I haven't seen too many - here's a short one, though: http://www.youramazingbrain.org/testyou ... fault.htm# -- if you go to the Body Talk option on the top left, they'll be playing videos. As usual, these can lead to a charge of "it's just acting" -- but as you can see at the end, it does give people's interpretations of the behavior, so at least you can see if your interpretations match (and there are actually a couple which people apparently find ambiguous.)

Let me know if you take a look!

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

I was crap. I got none right first time

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Feb 2011, 9:13 pm

Every time I take it (three times so far) I get fewer right.

I suspect I had a few lucky guesses.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 3:28 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Every time I take it (three times so far) I get fewer right.

I suspect I had a few lucky guesses.

It is so hard; you hardly get time to see it. But I am wondering now if thats because of my AS?

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 9:53 am

grad_girl wrote:
Kiseki wrote:
Are there any video tests around? I'd love to just be able to watch some people interacting in a non-biased manner, and try to figure out what each person is feeling. I think that'd make a good test.

Hmm, I haven't seen too many - here's a short one, though: http://www.youramazingbrain.org/testyou ... fault.htm# -- if you go to the Body Talk option on the top left, they'll be playing videos. As usual, these can lead to a charge of "it's just acting" -- but as you can see at the end, it does give people's interpretations of the behavior, so at least you can see if your interpretations match (and there are actually a couple which people apparently find ambiguous.)

I took it and got 3 out of 5 correct (I guess that's how you would score this). The two I got wrong were based on how I would behave in those situations.

grad_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Feb 2011, 10:51 am

Kiseki wrote:
grad_girl wrote:
Kiseki wrote:

I took it and got 3 out of 5 correct (I guess that's how you would score this). The two I got wrong were based on how I would behave in those situations.

Interesting! Which ones did you get 'wrong'? I tend to mess up the most ambiguous one (according to their data, that is.)

I think I might post this one separately and make a poll for that, too - maybe people will think it's a better test.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 10:55 am

grad_girl wrote:
Interesting! Which ones did you get 'wrong'? I tend to mess up the most ambiguous one (according to their data, that is.)

I think I might post this one separately and make a poll for that, too - maybe people will think it's a better test.

The ones I got wrong were of the woman leaning forward and talking to the guy. She had her arms crossed, so I thought that meant she was uncomfortable. But apparently she was comfortable with him.

The other I got wrong was the handshake. The one taking the shake looked very nervous and uncomfortable to me. Yeah, but he supposedly wasn't.

The others were easy cuz I have read books on body language over the years. I wonder if I had to teach myself those things or not. I don't know.

grad_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

Kiseki wrote:
The ones I got wrong were of the woman leaning forward and talking to the guy. She had her arms crossed, so I thought that meant she was uncomfortable. But apparently she was comfortable with him.

The other I got wrong was the handshake. The one taking the shake looked very nervous and uncomfortable to me. Yeah, but he supposedly wasn't.

Interesting! I do actually find those to be the most ambiguous - I think the two times I've taken it, I've always gotten 4/5, but one time I messed up the first one you mentioned, and one time I messed up the 2nd one. The one of the woman leaning forward seems to even be ambiguous according to their data.

Do you find reading people in clips like that intuitive in a way that the micro expressions aren't? I find both similarly intuitive, even though obviously there is much more data in the video clips.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 12:20 pm

grad_girl wrote:
Do you find reading people in clips like that intuitive in a way that the micro expressions aren't? I find both similarly intuitive, even though obviously there is much more data in the video clips.

I DO find it mainly intuitive. I feel I can read people fairly well in pubic situations but I think it's just that I'm going with my gut feelings.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 2:23 pm

The images flashed so quickly that I couldn't even see the faces clearly enough to have a clue what they showed. :? I couldn't even guess what emotions those were, I didn't see them in the first place. I think I might have done better with a video or a slower flashing image, but I'm generally not good at facial expressions at all.

grad_girl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2011, 3:29 pm

I have to say, the results are striking so far - very few people are getting in the top 8-10 range. However, I haven't done the experiment on too many NTs - just myself and my boyfriend (I got 8, he got 9.) I see someone here showed it to some NTs and said they didn't do so well either. Does anyone else have any friendly NTs they want to use as guinea pigs? :D (I don't want to torture too many friends with it, lest they think I'm insane!)