Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you think that the MMR vaccine causes autism?
Poll ended at 07 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm
Yes 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Yes 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 59 ]
No 45%  45%  [ 59 ]
Total votes : 130

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 5:46 am

I didn't have any Autism symptoms until the day I started school (which was at 4 years old).

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 9:32 am

Is this posted with the intent of sarcasm? Or do some people STILL believe in this s**t? I can't believe it, it's craziness.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 12:30 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Is this posted with the intent of sarcasm? Or do some people STILL believe in this sh**? I can't believe it, it's craziness.

BUT IT'S TRUE! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE SCIENTISTS SAY, JENNY MCCARTHY SAYS IT'S TRUE AND SHE WOULDN'T LIE!! ! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL MY CHILDREN?! !?!?!?

/s ;)

AspergianSuperstar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 7:51 am

I dont have time to read all three pages of responses at present but I will do later

I know the daily mail is rubbish, but go to the original primary source - the scientific paper referred to and analyse it for yourself

I am not anti vaccination, I believe parents should immunise their children using all the important vaccinations at the right time but I think if studies like this are released then more studies should be performed to find out how to make vaccination safer. It is already considered very safe for the benefit it achieves

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Mar 2011, 11:39 am

AspergianSuperstar wrote:
Have a look at these links, the Daily mail published an article
The Daily Mail?. Bwahahaha.
Thanks, but no thanks. That worthless rag isn't called "The Daily Wail" and "The Daily Heil" for nothing.
It's worse than ranting gutter rags like The Sun and The Star, because when the same crap appears in the Daily Mail it gains a wholly undeserved veneer of respect.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 11:56 am

look.autism is genetic.amost always the parent show the traits as well.leo kanner and hans asperger all pointed this out.what is it going to take or these vaccine conspiricy buffs to get it that.there wasnt a guy with serindge with a vaccine in it on some grassy knoll in dallas.or maybe they think that aliens from area 51 created vaccines causing autism

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 2:30 pm

Perhaps autism doesnt just end in the brain. It may have an autoimmune aspect which causes viruses to still be present, and other unusual autoimmune responses too. So it could be because of the autism that the viruses are still there, not that the viruses are causing the autism.

Taking a break.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 4:10 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I didn't have any Autism symptoms until the day I started school (which was at 4 years old).

Autism must be caused by school then. :shrug: :roll: :lol: :lmao:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Is this posted with the intent of sarcasm? Or do some people STILL believe in this sh**? I can't believe it, it's craziness.

BUT IT'S TRUE! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE SCIENTISTS SAY, JENNY MCCARTHY SAYS IT'S TRUE AND SHE WOULDN'T LIE!! ! WHY DO YOU WANT TO KILL MY CHILDREN?! !?!?!?

/s ;)

IT'S THE TOXINS, THE TOXINS IN OUR ENVIRONMENT AND IN OUR MEDICINES THAT IS RUINING OUR CHILDREN'S LIVES. MY SON RECOVERED FROM HIS AUTISM THROUGH NOT DRINKING MILK AND HAVING CRYSTAL MAGIC VOODOO THERAPY AND NOW HE'S CURED. HE IS NOW OUT OF HIS SHELL.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 7:12 pm

i dont doubt that alternative medicine can cure medical conditions.i had a friend with m.s who when i met her was on crutches and then she went to a wheechair.then she started using norwegian cod liver oil treatment and the last time i saw bethany she was walking un asisted and driving a car.some alternative treatment working doesnt validate this rediculous vaccine theory

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2011, 9:58 pm

right, so just to clarify....

the MMR jab does not cause autism, its just that 12 kids who got the jab also just happened to have autism as well.
no control group was used for the study, and a fascist tabloid hatemonger jumped on the bandwagon...

correct? or not?

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Mar 2011, 10:06 pm

I didn't have to read the article to determine my belief on this---the MMR vaccine doesn't cause autism in my opinion.

emuman100
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2011, 3:36 am

Wakefield made up a fake paper to scare people and make money on an "alternative" which he would make money selling, but was never successful. He's an A$$*#&^.

OddOne21
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2014, 1:53 am

Is the singular cause of autism? Probably not. However, it likely contributes to it when autism was already present. It may cause those who would otherwise have had mild Asperger's to get full fledged autism and develop symptoms rapidly after getting the shot. However, this would likely be due to a known side effect that rarely happens called encephalitis. Basically, your brain swells up and it kills off most of the brain cells near the outer margins of the brain. I would guess that is what's responsible for all the rapid decline you supposedly see in a few kids who got the shot. However, the vulnerability to this reaction is probably far higher in kids who already had low level autistic tendencies so it wouldn't be a cause so much as a trigger